Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
livialw

Oct 2009 Sale Of Balance Flats

Not FAIR! :curse: :curse: :curse: But we live in Singapore we no SAY!

ok cool it... now everything is beyond our hands...

so no choice ..since we live in a land of foreigners.we have to adjust them .instead of them adjusting us.if the head is good.. then everything wld be fine...since the head is bad... no choice must keep quiet.

Edited by nesh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not FAIR! :curse: :curse: :curse: But we live in Singapore we no SAY!

Hi Mr B,

I can guess what the HDB will say, they are not Chinese. A lot of time when we Chinese go and get an unit, you can see there is still a lot of good units available. However, there is not one unit available to us, Chinese, due to the hdb ethical arrangement. In my view, it is not the foreigner or the HDB's staff, it is the HDB and the government policy that need some improvement. Otherwise, we should check with the hospital if we can change our new born's race to Malay or India, their life will be a lot easier.

Hi Mr B,

I can guess what the HDB will say, they are not Chinese. A lot of time when we Chinese go and get an unit, you can see there is still a lot of good units available. However, there is not one unit available to us, Chinese, due to the hdb ethical arrangement. In my view, it is not the foreigner or the HDB's staff, it is the HDB and the government policy that need some improvement. Otherwise, we should check with the hospital if we can change our new born's race to Malay or India, their life will be a lot easier.

Errmmmm....

Hi Mr B,

i guess ur doing a major mistake here.

i wld rather be u than me...

for ur info...if u look at all groups - for example : total flats available : 40

Chinese : 40 Malay : 20 Indian/others - 7

so friend tell me now which one wld u prefer ?

Chinese are the most populated race in Singapore.

but be fair,most of them are locals who gets the unit.

Malays are also another race that have the 2nd most population in Singapore.

but no choice... birth rate is such... have to adjust and go...

but if u look at Indians ,we are competing with the race called OTHERS and foreigners from India who get themselves a citizenship here which i feel is not fair at all... how cld they join a category called others in Indians when the units offered is so less...

friend just cool it... certain things in life can't be changed.. even how much we try..

this is my countless tries in half year sales quarterly sales Sept balloting and may others with all failures in return ...

i think i better go to hospital and change my birth name to tan ah soon...

.... .....

Thx pal, I feel much better already..

However living in my parents' house is still not a permenent solution for my wife and me.

I really hope HDB's system can be more transparent and fair...

However living in my parents' house is still not a permenent solution for my wife and me.

i feel Resale is best for us...

just save money till u stay in parents home.

then get yourself a resale house of ur own choice...

don't worry everyone wld get a home of their own one fine day...

anyway good luck to u .... :D

Ok long story...

Yes this is our first house. We have booked an BTO unit. It's ready in 3 years time, so we must die die sell off this resale unit in 3 years time. If I take up the HDB loan or grant, we'll be locked down by the MOP of 5 years. ;)

We intend to paint the walls, buy furniture, then move in haha. Poor people like us don't have much option.

Can book a BTO and buy a resale provided don't take HDB loan and grant?Is it true?

Anyway,last night went to view a 3NG unit in Bedok,minimal renovation needed coz no kitchen cabinet and no doors.The owner asking ard 20k.We quite like unit.We are thinking offer 10k,but we doubts the owner will accept.The valuation is on the way.Viewed 2 others units,not to our liking.But 1 is within our budget (2nd floor) but condition not so good,no electricity when viewing,a lot crockcrouch crawling in the house.

Hi Nesh,

:) no bad feeling

I think your comment is true at some district where non-chinese like to stay. For example Oct 09 balloting, Woodland will have more units for Chinese but lesser units for Malays. Other local area like Bishan, there is more units for Malays than Chinese.

Perhaps, that newly Singaporean non-chinese family pick area like Bishan. Those first time Singaporean Chinese had be queuing like mad and still cannot get one unit, can only see this unfairness happening.

I am not commenting it is a race or foreigner issue, I felt it is a HDB and immigration department not working together. When there is more group of typical races joining Singapore, they should revise their policy. Or best, at the moment, halt the ethical arrangement and allow the young couples to get their houses first. Then when more houses are built adjust the ratio back slowly. Or else those houses will be empty waiting for a particular race come, but those who really need can only feel sad they are born in the wrong race group.

Nesh, I agreed with you, your children should consider to change to Chinese. Whereas I need to change mine to Malay. This will allow them to have a better chance to stay closer to us, if policy still go in this way.

Edited by Soon

Hi Nesh,

:) no bad feeling

I think your comment is true at some district where non-Chinese like to stay. For example Oct 09 balloting, Woodland will have more units for Chinese but lesser units for Malays. Other local area like Bishan, there is more units for Malays than Chinese.

Perhaps, that newly Singaporean non-chinese family pick area like Bishan. Those first time Singaporean Chinese had be queuing like mad and still cannot get one unit, can only see this unfairness happening.

I am not commenting it is a race or foreigner issue, I felt it is a HDB and immigration department not working together. When there is more group of typical races joining Singapore, they should revise their policy. Or best, at the moment, halt the ethical arrangement and allow the young couples to get their houses first. Then when more houses are built adjust the ratio back slowly. Or else those houses will be empty waiting for a particular race come, but those who really need can only feel sad they are born in the wrong race group.

Nesh, I agreed with you, your children should consider to change to Chinese. Whereas I need to change mine to Malay. This will allow them to have a better chance to stay closer to us, if policy still go in this way.

soon, don't be offended i guess u must understand how or land arrangements have been working.since 1965 , when our ancestors pledged themselves to this country, they find a place to live.. ethnic communities stay together within themselves... which was called kampung..

thats when our government decided to demolished all the kampung for HDB... less land more higher building.. all live together... this decision was mad by the Govt.

we have no choice but to abide by the laws.

those times hdb introduced or forced the citizens in Singapore to buy or stay in hdb.

thats when my near ancestors bought those $40,000 a unit or $25,000 units .those times units were cheap cos pay was low...

now we have no choice... foreigners barging in Singapore everyday in custom...

Philippines India china Indonesia and almost all countries representatives are residing in Singapore.thats for sure.

currently we have no choice except to just "Go with the Flow"

currently the no of original Singaporeans in Singapore are becoming extinct.

this is the only nation in the world that accommodates a foreigner than their originals...

that is why all people from all nation love Singapore and wanted to be in Singapore.

as u say ...u live in bishan for locals is difficult... central area..Cov wld be very high but not for those Expats in Singapore..back in their hometown they own a land ...they cld afford it...how ?

very simple..sell those land and buy it here...

they can afford it... but we can't..

do u know recently if i am not mistaken... last year those clementi areas where houses sold for $500,00 ad not many bought those houses... my friend who is a Singaporean Chinese was offered the unit even though his queue no was kinda bad but he was called up for an appt because his pay was just closet under 8k where hdb belief that he cld grab this house...he wanted a 5 room unit in sengkang but what they offered was clementi..he took it with no choice...

so i belief ,its time for us to fear the Expats than who have the more financial power to do anything in Singapore than the originals of Singapore...

Strongly agreed! Living with my parents...My sister is getting married and will stay with parents too. Then lil bro gotta sleep in the living room. We are young couple..Not enough cash..How How How...I am in dilemma....

Hi Mr B,

Well only one thing to say... We no say!

Some are really luck some are not.

Anyway I just have to look for another "HDB" home...

We hardly, actually none at all, hear of applicants who managed to be allocated a number that is less than or equal to the number of flats released for sale by HDB.

Why is that so?

Because their numbers are so small = number of flats HDB released for sale. And the number of unsuccessful applications far outnumber the number of successful applications.

More importantly, they'll be so delirious & happy till over the top that they would be searching for IDs, contractors, furniture, household appliances, etc, etc.

If u are successful, you'll be jumping for joy & go OTT crazy happy, doing your victorious chicken dance instead of logging onto RenoTalk.com to post.

Which is likely to be perceived by those unsuccessful applicants as gloating. Thus it is better to be silent.

So take heart, all 19,320 unsuccessful applicants, HDB is a bloody bi†ch!

Having stunned in 2000 by the over-supply of 25,000 vacant flats in early 2000, it changed its new flats supply ever since.

HDB now maintains a land release policy of under-supplying foreseeable concrete demand, using econometric modelling incorporating GDP growth, wage growth, global economic conditions & a ton of other factors.

Note: equilibrium supply is not possible as the gestation period of a HDB residential project is at least 3 years and longer. Neither is over-supply efficient or optimal as well.

Thus the current extreme supply drought issues will not go away. They are in fact, likely to worsen. That is 1 of the many reasons which made Lee Hsien Loong decide that 6.5 million population target cannot be reached without massively building housing stock for new citizens, PRs & foreigners.

The recent announcement of ramping up the release of land for public housing development will not bring any reprieve. Release does not equal to supply increase. Not until the flats are near completion & applicants are invited to select a unit.

HDB's sleeping on its mission statement. And they MUST be berated for causing the current dire situation of practically not having enough flats for applicants. And they pocket a tidy pile of $214,520 in 1 single swoop.

According to the annual report, HDB revealed that “the number of flats sold under the home ownership scheme this year was 4,738, which was 7,253 less than last year”.

According to its section titled “Key statistics”, the “demand for flats” was 9,870 Home Ownership flats for 2008/2009, compared to 12,449 for 2007/2008; and the “Building statistics – Dwelling units” was 3,154 in 2008 compared to 5,063 in 2007.

All these numbers show that the number of flats sold have declined, rather than increased.

The number of flats sold under the home ownership scheme declined by 60 per cent, “Demand for flats” declined by 21 per cent, and “Building statistics – Dwelling units” declined by 38 per cent, for the last year.

News today

HDB flat value will rise as long as economy grows: MM Lee

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20091213/tap-...my-231650b.html

Is Govt trying to tell us that the flat prices will continue to go up for the next few years? Govt already forecast that Spore economy would grow 3-5% next year.

More & more couples will likely postpone marriage and kid plans haiz...

Edited by forgotten