Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Built-in Oven -> Nice But Practical ?

Hi all,

I have a concern on built-in oven on the practicality of it. We would love to have a built-in oven as it blends nicely with the decor of the kitchen designs n all. But out concern will be what happens if it breaks down *touch wood* and needs replacement ? Will it be difficult to have it replaced since it is built in to the cabinets ? Does that means we have to call someone to remove the oven to have it replaced ?

I was thinking of designing the oven compartment to be slightly bigger so that it can be removed easily or maybe a pull out system. Has anyone did this and if so, any pics to share ?

Any other advice / suggestions greatly welcome.

Thank you :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it should be easy to replace. I am having a built in oven. Has been there for like 5 years. Broke down once. Had to get the guy to repair.

I guess the only issue is that if you want to replace, you will have to get the same size.

I think it should be easy to replace. I am having a built in oven. Has been there for like 5 years. Broke down once. Had to get the guy to repair.

I guess the only issue is that if you want to replace, you will have to get the same size.

It is quite easy to replace as most of the ovens have similar cut-out size from what I have seen.

And, the one I am using for the last 6 years is still functioning well and no real problems so far.

Hello,

Did the guy took out your oven for repairing ? Or he repaired it w/o taking it out ?

If were to replace the oven, can it be removed easily on your own ?

It is quite easy to replace as most of the ovens have similar cut-out size from what I have seen.

And, the one I am using for the last 6 years is still functioning well and no real problems so far.

It is really that easy to replace ?

BTW can share with us the make & model of your oven ? Thx ...

It is really that easy to replace ?

BTW can share with us the make & model of your oven ? Thx ...

I had the EF somewhere in Italy but I do believe they are all made in the same factory mostly. Parts that can spoil are mostly replaceable and common. Cooling Fans, heater elements.

If you use it monthly the heater can last without any problem, like mine now still going strong. But if you do not use it often, they do corrode from the moisture that gets absorb into the elements insulation and "kaput". That's why they recommend to on it every now and then if you really do not use it at all.

But do note the recommendations to leave the cooling fan on until temperature is lower than 60 degrees C, after you have completed cooking, otherwise a over temperature sensor gets triggered. Something I learnt 2 days before cooking my Christmas turkey. Luckily they sent the technician to reset the switch which is at the back of the unit. SO I know how to reset as I was present and now always leave it on after cooking until it cools down.

Hope these information helps.

I had the EF somewhere in Italy but I do believe they are all made in the same factory mostly. Parts that can spoil are mostly replaceable and common. Cooling Fans, heater elements.

If you use it monthly the heater can last without any problem, like mine now still going strong. But if you do not use it often, they do corrode from the moisture that gets absorb into the elements insulation and "kaput". That's why they recommend to on it every now and then if you really do not use it at all.

But do note the recommendations to leave the cooling fan on until temperature is lower than 60 degrees C, after you have completed cooking, otherwise a over temperature sensor gets triggered. Something I learnt 2 days before cooking my Christmas turkey. Luckily they sent the technician to reset the switch which is at the back of the unit. SO I know how to reset as I was present and now always leave it on after cooking until it cools down.

Hope these information helps.

Hmm ok that's informative ...

Now I wonder what brand is good ... went to audiohouse earlier, got to know there are sum that comes with a skewer, sum comes with fan ... think the one with fan is practical ...

I am using Teka. It is not really the oven that spoilt. It is the previous electrician didnt place the wire properly and cause the wire to lie onto the oven so it burns and hence cannot work. So the teka guys took it out and fix it. Pretty easy i think.

What is your budget? I had been looking for an oven for a while as i am going to shift to another place. I have settled for a teka oven again. I can try to help you. Many ovens come with fan nowadays. There are some in-house promotion that can be quite good. Brandt seems not bad as well. Since they say that it is the sister company of de detrich.

Depends on your budget I guess. But to me, temperature control more important i guess and brandt has increase or decrease temperature by 5degrees so it is more precise. But different brand different function. depends on your demands.

Hmm ok that's informative ...

Now I wonder what brand is good ... went to audiohouse earlier, got to know there are sum that comes with a skewer, sum comes with fan ... think the one with fan is practical ...

I have just bought Indesit. from catalouge with 5 programme. Personally, I think they are more or less the same. Just choose the one that fits your budget will do. And I think mechanical adjustments are better than LEDs. Just me, I think mechanical ones are failsafe and last longer.

Skewer to be honest I used only once for chicken. Did not find it too useful. Later only used normal roasting pan will do.

On the Fan, the EF one I had does not come with it. The indesit one yes it comes with it. I think it will reduce cooking time somewhat. Can't wait to experiement with it after my reno and move in.

I have just bought Indesit. from catalouge with 5 programme. Personally, I think they are more or less the same. Just choose the one that fits your budget will do. And I think mechanical adjustments are better than LEDs. Just me, I think mechanical ones are failsafe and last longer.

Skewer to be honest I used only once for chicken. Did not find it too useful. Later only used normal roasting pan will do.

On the Fan, the EF one I had does not come with it. The indesit one yes it comes with it. I think it will reduce cooking time somewhat. Can't wait to experiement with it after my reno and move in.

Hmm in that case, think I'l get the fan instead of the skewer :)

Thanks all.