Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

Home & furnishing : The Shower Screen

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jadens, Rendall and Jaslinegal

Can I have your supplier's contact please?? I have installed a fixed glass panel in my common bathroom and i am considering to fix a door as well as my toilet are always wet with water. Guess need a door for it!!

Also, how much does the backsplash cost, Jaslinegal? Can you pm me on the cost and your supplier contact please?

Hihi,

Can you please also PM me this supplier's contact ? Need to do one :) Water in toilet splashing everywhere!

Thanks much!!

------------------------

I wonder is the prices reasonable?

Wall-wall toilet glass shower screen:

1. Fixed Glass Panel with swing glass door - $396.00

2. Fixed Glass Panel only - $ 198.00

Toilet door

3. Aluminum bi-folding door - $120

Time required: half day

Installation: $50 per installation

* quote directly from supplier

I wonder is the prices reasonable?

Wall-wall toilet 10mm tempered-glass shower screen:

1. Fixed Glass Panel with swing glass door - $396.00

2. Fixed Glass Panel only - $ 198.00

Toilet door

3. Aluminum bi-folding door - $120

Time required: half day

Installation: $50 per installation

* quote directly from supplier

May i have your contractor contact?

Hello all

have got some qns to ask regarding shower screens.. how much did you get yours for? My ID quoted me 625, which i think is super ex, but she told me it's because her supplier is a "shower screen" company (not a glass company), and they r from australia, so their shower screen is very durable.

then i got a number from the internet selling shower screens that are imported from aust, true enough, the price is about there.

but i got a number from the straits time classified, the shower screen is 325, but i nv ask how many mm and made from where la...

Do you all have any suggestions on which i should take? Really in a dillemma cos ive got kids and im really worried that if the quality is not good and the glass shatters, it 'll be very dangerous. on the other hand, the aust one is double the price! hai.

can consider not having a glass shower screen.

advantage: create more space, save cost.

disadvantage: no dry floor area in toilet.

this was how we did it

how about shower curtain?

but always need to change...

can hav dry floor...

Can ... used shower curtain all my life.

For dry floors, the trick is to have a shower curb, and for the curtain to be installed over it so that part of the curtain touches the inside of the curb. That way water will drip down the curtain and onto the shower area, and not outside. Our floors are very dry.

To clean the shower curtain I just soak it in a mild bleach solution. All the mould and dirt is gone after that.

In fact, it's usually only the bottom that gets dirty. So I just bring a bucket of mild bleach to the shower stall, gather the shower curtain and put the bottom into the pail. So I don't even need to remove the shower curtain from the hooks.

If you want to use shower curtains I suggest you spend a little bit more to get polyester curtains. Look nicer, feel nicer, and won't stick together like the cheap PVC type. Even though they're more ex, still less than $50.

Compared to the shower screen, shower curtain is much cheaper and as good in terms of function. I also find it works better in small areas where's there's limited space to move around. With a shower door, sometimes it's a bit of a squeeze.

But looks wise, some ppl don't like curtains. Others also prefer shower doors. Still, don't dismiss shower curtains as a lousy cheapo option.

how about shower curtain?

but always need to change...

can hav dry floor...

I am using shower curtain too ! Like the idea of flexibility to change designs periodically.

20121022165733.th.jpg

Hi all,

We DIYed the same with a hanging nylon shower screen from IKEA.

1. saves money

2. creates more space esp for tight toilets

Take a look here for more details.

Edited by funnymatthew

Hi all,

We DIYed the same with a hanging nylon shower screen from IKEA.

1. saves money

2. creates more space esp for tight toilets

Take a look here for more details.

hi,

i think this is a very good idea ! :yamseng:

im going to see if i can do it to my toilet !

Like your shower curtain design of big tree which brightens up the toilet. Where did you buy them?

Thanks ! I got it from Qoo10, but it's very expensive, around $50 :jawdrop: