Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

Home & furnishing : The Shower Screen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Did u do the shower curb during reno or is another person whom u personally engaged. looking for someone to do for my common toilet. thks!

Can ... used shower curtain all my life.

For dry floors, the trick is to have a shower curb, and for the curtain to be installed over it so that part of the curtain touches the inside of the curb. That way water will drip down the curtain and onto the shower area, and not outside. Our floors are very dry.

To clean the shower curtain I just soak it in a mild bleach solution. All the mould and dirt is gone after that.

In fact, it's usually only the bottom that gets dirty. So I just bring a bucket of mild bleach to the shower stall, gather the shower curtain and put the bottom into the pail. So I don't even need to remove the shower curtain from the hooks.

If you want to use shower curtains I suggest you spend a little bit more to get polyester curtains. Look nicer, feel nicer, and won't stick together like the cheap PVC type. Even though they're more ex, still less than $50.

Compared to the shower screen, shower curtain is much cheaper and as good in terms of function. I also find it works better in small areas where's there's limited space to move around. With a shower door, sometimes it's a bit of a squeeze.

But looks wise, some ppl don't like curtains. Others also prefer shower doors. Still, don't dismiss shower curtains as a lousy cheapo option.

Anyone got the contact for the shower screen? Can share with me please? Thank you in advance!

Hi demonsa,

have you considered not installing a shower screen? free up a lot of space and worked wonders for our small hdb toilet.

see our blog

Do check if the glass is temper proof.

Really have "temper proof" type? That's great 'cause my kids sometimes come home in really bad mood.

Really have "temper proof" type? That's great 'cause my kids sometimes come home in really bad mood.

haha

tempered glass has been heat treated to increase uts breaking strength

in addition, in case of breakage, he glass will shattter into small and less harmful pieces,

see our reno blog

Wow, it has been almost 3 years since I posted here. smile.gif

Hi Rendell,

Could you PM me your shower screen contractor contacts pls. I need to redo my bathroom.

Thanks in advance

Edited by didu