Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian01

Laminate Flooring

Hey just called Perlin...Haha...I asked to quote my pergo...din know floor expert also carry robina... :blink:

You can call 9373 6661 Jessie for quotation, the price is direct from contractor so consider very cheap compare to middle man price.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This thread sounds like a ventriloquist at work :D 1 person manipulating sounds which seem to come from different sources, but actually there is only him or her :P

hehe thanks. my rate was promo rate. btw, were you looking for Robina too and was quoted $4.30?

AC15? new standard? :D

i would like to clarify one thing.. AC3, AC4 or AC5 is just for toughness. My Robina is AC4, I'm very happy with it, no scratches so far. But I feel that the main thing is water resistance. If your laminate is very scratch resistant but not water resistant, it won't last long. I have soaked my laminate (loose piece, obtained from the box of 8 which were used to lay my flooring so there's no chance of tampering) for 2 days and don't notice any difference. This is imho, the best.

Now I have a lobang for Robina laminates at 3.80psf (without GST) and Pergo Family at 3.99psf (without GST)

Interested please PM me, there's also free "manicure and pedicure for 2 persons" upon deposit :D

hi ossify,

Is Pergo better than Robina?

hi all, do you get a layer of rubber under the floor board ? heard it's around S$1/psf more if to include the rubber...

it will not have the hollow feeling....

hi all, do you get a layer of rubber under the floor board ? heard it's around S$1/psf more if to include the rubber...

it will not have the hollow feeling....

i thought it should be included.

i got quote from Floor Option for Pergo before and it was included.

hi guys,

we've just bought a resale 4-room flat @ Bedok

the sellers had fully reno the house 2 years ago, thus we're only going to do up some carpentry works (build-in wardrobes for 3 bedrooms, suspended tv consoles, feature wall eg.) & electrical works for the whole house. we are not re-doing the tiles either.

they're having laminated flooring for all the bedrooms now. how do i find out the 'brand'? from the sellers themselves? :unsure:

IMG_9226.jpg

hi, has anyone tried excel laminate flooring? it's made in china, being sold here by mago trading at IMM... the boards look quite good and embossed with texture of wood... supposedly anti-wet and soundproof.....not too sure about actual quality, looking for feedback, thanks!

Anyone try using different colour laminate flooring for different bedroom? Will it look weird?

Has anyone tried premier laminate?

hi, has anyone tried excel laminate flooring? it's made in china, being sold here by mago trading at IMM... the boards look quite good and embossed with texture of wood... supposedly anti-wet and soundproof.....not too sure about actual quality, looking for feedback, thanks!

Pardon me but i did some reading up on laminates sometime ago and having problem choosing finally i decided on using one malaysia brand if you wanna know pls pm me i can help you intro.

Btw for Excel laminates you may want to reconsider unless you are gonna use for short term.

From my own opinion these are the few things to take note when getting laminates:

1) Where is the company from?So that support is always there.

2) What type of materials do they use for their laminates.(Take note that singapore weather is very different from the european side)

3) Warranty issues (althought they will change it for you FOC but the time and effort wasted for them to do the changes is a headache)

4) Whether you will be using it for long term(at least 5 yrs and above) or short term(1-2yrs)

5) AC3-AC5 please have a look at this link( http://www.fastfloors.com/article_96/Lamin...-AC-Ratings.htm )

I hope this information help you when choosing laminates.:P

Anyone try using different colour laminate flooring for different bedroom? Will it look weird?

Has anyone tried premier laminate?

Aesthetically it'll look a little weird. But if you want something different, you can try match and mix with different wood designs to create something different

Pardon me but i did some reading up on laminates sometime ago and having problem choosing finally i decided on using one malaysia brand if you wanna know pls pm me i can help you intro.

Btw for Excel laminates you may want to reconsider unless you are gonna use for short term.

From my own opinion these are the few things to take note when getting laminates:

1) Where is the company from?So that support is always there.

2) What type of materials do they use for their laminates.(Take note that singapore weather is very different from the european side)

3) Warranty issues (althought they will change it for you FOC but the time and effort wasted for them to do the changes is a headache)

4) Whether you will be using it for long term(at least 5 yrs and above) or short term(1-2yrs)

5) AC3-AC5 please have a look at this link( http://www.fastfloors.com/article_96/Lamin...-AC-Ratings.htm )

I hope this information help you when choosing laminates.:P

True,

Laminate flooring is usually for long term.

1) When consider on which company, do a search on the reputability of the company. Avoid those fly by night co :D

2) Usually quality laminate flooring standard is using HDF Board. (Avoid MBF and below)

3) Warranty wise, they'll mention 'lifetime'. Do check what does the term 'lifetime' mean and what it cover. Cover workmanship and material or both ? In what circumstances will we violate the terms ? Most Preferred will be direct warranty from Manufacturer.

4) AC3 - AC5 is a general classification on the suitability for application. It consist of the Abrasion class (which indicate the tolerance against scuff and abrasion)

AC5 is for heavy commercial usage, not necessary to be the best for residential. AC3 standard and above will be sufficient.

5) Also take note of what is the impact resistance standard and the thickness swelling (%) ? Its a indicator of Water and Moisture Absorption and Thickness Swelling Behavior.

my humble input.