Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
michiko

Home & Furnishing: All types of doors

mintee: most IDs charged us btw $130 to $160 for classic doors. free installation & painting, comes with lockset. i think u r being chopped.

For classic door, is it hollow when u knock on it? Heard is not as "sound proof" and durable as naytoh door

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
mintee: most IDs charged us btw $130 to $160 for classic doors. free installation & painting, comes with lockset. i think u r being chopped.

cornetto.. i also think so leh. The reno contract said the door would be "semi-core".. any idea whether that means it's classic or nyatoh or in between?? :)

the definition on classic doors from most contractors/IDs are that they are hollow... so will have the hollow sound.

perhaps the one quoted on your reno contract is high quality classic doors. but never really heard of it lah.

Edited by cornetto

the definition on classic doors from most contractors/IDs are that they are hollow... so will have the hollow sound.

perhaps the one quoted on your reno contract is high quality classic doors. but never really heard of it lah.

gee... :yamseng:

I need some help here. I'm selecting doors for my home. I'll tell you what I DON'T want, so you can tell me what I should choose for my bedroom doors.

1) I don't want hand painted nyatoh doors. I believe this is nyatoh solid door that most contractors paint on. These will always come with classic design on them. I want a flat surface, and from my research, this should not be done because the door will warp.

2) And because I want a smooth surface, am I right to say that I am left with either a laminate on ply or a wood veneer on ply?? Have I got it right this far? Please tell me if it's otherwise. What is the cost of a veneer standard door?

3) If I want a glass sliding door with wooden frame, to support the glass, the door maker will use solid nyatoh, correct?

Look forward to your replies!

hi anyone installed tempered glass door for mbr toilet?

any photos to share?

hi anyone installed tempered glass door for mbr toilet?

any photos to share?

hmmm mine is tempered glass... but i dun know how to upload photos to u to see leh .. kekeee me tried to copy n paste the photo cant do it ....

urs is sliding or swing door?

mine is swing door but after installed i realised thare's a gap when close the door ..so ppl frm outside can see thru inside the toilet leh...

urs is sliding or swing door?

mine is swing door but after installed i realised thare's a gap when close the door ..so ppl frm outside can see thru inside the toilet leh...

O mine is swing too ... mine also got a gap when close door ... then we told the contractor and he asked someone down to put a plastic rubber over it then cant see le ... it's those long long thin plastic rubber ....

wat kind of platics rubber?.i hv pm u my email address

can u send me the photo?

Tks a lot

The existing bedroom doors in my re-sale unit cmi. No choice but to spend more $$$ and change to this..3 x doors at about $1100.

DOOR.jpg

O mine is swing too ... mine also got a gap when close door ... then we told the contractor and he asked someone down to put a plastic rubber over it then cant see le ... it's those long long thin plastic rubber ....

Hi,

My ID placed a rubber casing over the edge of the glass so that there will not be a gap. However, it becomes difficult to open and close the glass door. The rubber rubs against the wall and I need to use a lot of strength to push the door. Is it the same with yr door? Is it easy to open and close after installing the rubber?

The existing bedroom doors in my re-sale unit cmi. No choice but to spend more $$$ and change to this..3 x doors at about $1100.

DOOR.jpg

ah.. i got the same door for all 3 bedrooms as well.. but ID charged me a 1140 in total.. :dribble: