Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
michiko

Home & Furnishing: All types of doors

i think it depend on what is ur existing door frame..

for my present house.. my mom asked a contractor to come change the previous sliding door. the frame can be easily removed and dun need to make good of the area..

so i think my mom is only charged $180 for the bi-fold door.. not sure wat brand.. the normal type ba.. look good to me.. :dancingqueen:

Hey softballer,

actualy e 1 i liked is frm Besglas. Saw it in some brochures.

Any1 using it or heard of it?

Mine is a new std flat, e bathrms doors r timber flush doors with laminates/veneer finished.

Dunoe e dr frame is metal or timber?

Dunoe need 2 remove e frame, make gd e affected area b4 fixing e new bi-fold door which c/w alum frame anot?

:dancingqueen:

Edited by jaCKY777

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Had anyone installed "classic doors" before?

Do they sound hollow when you knock on them? The ID i approached quoted us $250 for the naytoh ones, but i think $150+ for classic doors... :)

Hi Everybody

Anybody ever engage **** for door installation?

How is their services?

Expensive?

http://www.yontat.com.sg

HAPPY

We bought two doos from them, but my contractor has done the installation. But price wise I guess they are reasonable.

For bathroom doors you can try pddoors.com.sg

We likes their doors.

Would like to get feedback from pd doors users.

I've just called them for general quotations for my kitchen door (approximately W900 x H2180). was quoted the following:

1) clear glass panel with aluminium frame - $388

2) tempered glass panel with alum frame - $438

3) clear acrylic with alum frame - $288

comes with 1 yr warranty against manufacturer's defects and prices exclusive of gst. what do you guys think? im pretty inclined to pd doors as they only use top-track, so won't get painful accidents where we'll hit on the bottom track and also, problem of dirt/dust accumulating at the bottom track. :good:

i hate cleaning :bleah:

I visited the company over the weekend, and got the same quotes. It's probably standard pricing.

I liked what I saw, esp. the clear arcrylic which I thought was an economical alternative to expensive glass. :) Give ths same effect but needs less cleaning!

Only concern is the latch. I didn't like the cheap plastic quality (think wear & tear :bangwall: ) . Friends have also feedback that the sliding panels get mis-aligned over time & will jam.

The other alternative is the aluminium bifolds that most people install. Seems that the price of this has risen as I was quoted $260 for one recently versus an earlier quote of $180. Maybe fellow forummers can confirm this?

If the price difference between alum. bifold & pd has narrowed, then I would think it makes sense to go for pd. Still whichever one you choose, wear & tear cannot be avoided. Guess must use with tender loving care so it will last longer ;)

:yamseng:

Would like to get feedback from pd doors users.

I've just called them for general quotations for my kitchen door (approximately W900 x H2180). was quoted the following:

1) clear glass panel with aluminium frame - $388

2) tempered glass panel with alum frame - $438

3) clear acrylic with alum frame - $288

comes with 1 yr warranty against manufacturer's defects and prices exclusive of gst. what do you guys think? im pretty inclined to pd doors as they only use top-track, so won't get painful accidents where we'll hit on the bottom track and also, problem of dirt/dust accumulating at the bottom track. :good:

i hate cleaning :bleah:

Here's to share my bi-fold mirror door, which has aluminium frame. I was quoted $230 per door

11196095_3accbeaf1213463626_m.jpg

11196130_20805dfc1213463754_m.jpg

Edited by mel

Nicey! Thanks mel for the pics of the back.

hi

can someone tell me how to find out if my doors are made from nyatoh?

my doors feel light, not as solid as my previous house (premium flat from HDB)....so dunno whether got kena shortchanged or not.

can i ask stupid question? :P does buying the door come with installation or not? if not.. how much would it cost to install?

hi chocolatechipmuffin,

no worries :) mine came with actual site measurement & installation - all included in the quoted price...u can double confirm/ check this with your supplier or contractor when ordering

The existing bedroom doors in my re-sale unit cmi. No choice but to spend more $$$ and change to this..3 x doors at about $1100.

DOOR.jpg

Hi, can user of this door do a feedback? I am looking at getting this door but my ID told me that there will be shadows that can be seen from outside. Is the shadow very obvious?