Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Home & furnishing : Kitchen & bathroom Sink

Undermount or top mount sink is better? Any difference?

for better look and easy removal of water from the surface..undermount is better..

for easier replacement of sink..top mount is better..just have to remove the sink as undermount has to remove the worktop first followed by the sink..

itz up to individual... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

went to both PJ branch @ jln besar, main branch auntie was like afraid we break their things,didnt feel comfortable with someone always following me behind quietly everywhere i go so i left,at least say something like this is new stock la,good buy la,or explain the products i keep looking at ma. haiz.. but the young girl at the shop nearer to SLS was very helpful. she even remember its my 2nd visit thou i didnt buy anything weeks ago! maybe i cute? haha. anyway would had given her the biz if i didnt brought everything i need from their neigbours already. :good:

prices wise PJ has the upper hand. the shop next to PJ has indeed better sales staff esp the salesgirl,she has this sweet smile when introducing you stuffs. but the price are high,not sure discount have bo. as for the "shop next to the shop next to PJ "where i brought everything. prices slightly higher for some items but still cheaper then the middle one. but seeing the couple work so hard, felt they really deserved the deal. dunno leh, always felt better supporting small companies then big retail giants. they not poor la, drive oddessy one leh. but hopefully one day they can expand and provide their quality service at a larger scale among the other giants ba. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi,

Anyone bought MN brand sink? I went to Poh Joo over the weekend, wanting to look for a Rubine sink. The staff at PJ recommended to buy MN sink instead. He said that the waste catchment area for MN is SS, while Rubine's plastic. Moreover MN's depth is deeper than Rubine's.

Anyone using MN sink and have any feedback? Appreciate it very much. :)

Hi,

Anyone bought MN brand sink? I went to Poh Joo over the weekend, wanting to look for a Rubine sink. The staff at PJ recommended to buy MN sink instead. He said that the waste catchment area for MN is SS, while Rubine's plastic. Moreover MN's depth is deeper than Rubine's.

Anyone using MN sink and have any feedback? Appreciate it very much. :)

Hi, i am using Morning(MN) sink..the basket for collecting waste is patent..MN is only found in PJ..

Personally i think it is more sturdy than Rubine..with just a knock at the basin base, and u will know the difference..I have a detergent dispenser and two bowls sink.

So far so good..no complaints..brought @ the same place.. :yamseng:

BTW, i am not working for PJ... it is just a coincidence.. :dunno::dunno:

Hi, i am using Morning(MN) sink..the basket for collecting waste is patent..MN is only found in PJ..

Personally i think it is more sturdy than Rubine..with just a knock at the basin base, and u will know the difference..I have a detergent dispenser and two bowls sink.

Thanks for the reply and feedback! Yupz, the salespax also told me to know at the basin base. Tink our kitchen stuff will be the same then. haha.. hobz and MN. :P

Hey hey,

Have been reading the postings and I am also thinking of getting a granite sink from Blanco (hoe kee selling Metra 9 at $399). Questions are:

1. Anyone with bad experience using granite sinks (Blanco, or any other brands);

2. Recommendations on brands for granite sinks;

3. Good deals on sink (stainless steel or granite) and tap mixers.

Thanks!!

:yamseng:

Here's my Blanco Metra 9 sink (Anthracite) with a KrizRoz mixer tap.

433504952_aba500039c.jpg

Hi delonchew,

Love the look of your sink. I am contemplating getting a granite sink and am is wondering how is the blanco sink holding up? Is it as good as it sets itself up to be? I thinking of a greystone one and have seen postings that white or light coloured ones will discolour (and it is only after a yr of usesage!). Have read that it is stain resistent to even red wine.

Any comments much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

i'm using the metra9 and have the following comments

1. got to be careful not to drop fragile things. we have 'lost' many bowls and mugs to it liao :(

2. the bottom is too flat. most times need to use hand to 'push' the debris towards the sink hole

3. the rubbish 'trap' is not very well constructed. some debris manage to slip in between the 'trap' and the side down the pipes.

other than that, i'll say this is one solid sink :good:

May I know how much u paid for MN sink? Sim Siang Choon quoted prices starting from $190 for double bowl sinks with SS buckets.

Hi, I know this thread is quite dated. However, I'm in the process of renovating my place and am shopping for the usual stuffs. I come across a shop at Balestier selling NOBEL brand sinks, taps & mixers. Price & appearance seems pretty good. However, I cant seem to find anyone here in Renotalk having mentioned this brand. If anyone here have any experience with this brand, I will greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Hi Porkyping,

Planning to buy a MN sink also. Found its thickness much thicker than other brands and waste colleton basket seems practical to us. My wife 'die die' must have the 2 staining trays which comes foc with the sink (model: TR-118). Only PJ retails this brand?

BTW which MN model did you buy?

Anyone bought basins, WC or taps from SpaziO? Anyfeedback? The brands they selling is Nobel.

I spent 2.2k over there yesterday.

hi, i've also been to spacio to shop for my stuffs but in the end i only bought the black glass vanity top set from them. was tempted to buy the other stuffs there too but at the end found them cheaper elsewhere....

so what did u buy from them?