Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Home & furnishing : Kitchen & bathroom Sink

Thanks. But my sense is, it's not gonna be cheap. Judging from the prices I see fr US websites :(

hi did u manage to find yr porcelain sink? if yes, where u buy it & how much was it back then?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Went down Hoe Kee to see yesterday, and it looks really awesome!

Other than Hoe Kee, any idea if other places have granite sink too?

Thanks!

I'm using a granite sink also. But I dunno wat brand and how much, it was inclusive in my reno package. Its black with some sparkles. Easy to wash. So far no scratches yet. : )

dsc01426i.jpg

hi fellas, so after using it for a yr, how yr granite sink holding up? i was told by a contractor, in long run,

it'll be rough to e touch & e sink will be easily damaged esp when children throw their plates or bowls inside?, read online also can have water stains & scratches are more visible if in darker colour. cause now i can't decide between a granite sink or a stainless steel sink. & are porcelain sinks good as well? :dunno::help:

Is anyone familiar with flush-mount sinks? They are a kind of hybrid of under-mount & over-mount. Just imagine an over-mount flushed in with the solid surface. My concern is does it take more then your average skill-set to make the step down on the solid surface to fit in the sink to make it flush & how will the workmanship be ? To which the reply will usually be "Yes can be done, but cost more since need better workmanship"

After shopping for kitchen sink for so long I have finally settled down for Elkay. Very good quality for the price and is an American brand. Personally I find this looks and feels better quality than Teka. Check it out to decide yourself

After shopping for kitchen sink for so long I have finally settled down for Elkay. Very good quality for the price and is an American brand. Personally I find this looks and feels better quality than Teka. Check it out to decide yourself

Hey machineoperator,

I also bought an Elkay sink yesterday! One bowl, 540cm. Sorry I don't rem the exact model. I bought mine at Universal Union. Where did you get your's?

I love the sink so far! It looks so good and cheaper than Teka (of which the quality is comparable). Let me know how you like yours!

Hi Flatster,

We bought our basin from Lite Fusion, while toilet bowl from Universal Union... both reasonable price. But also depends on which brand u bought.

780 Upper Serangoon Road

#01-06 Choon Kim House S534649

Tel: 68584618 Fax: 68581154

710 Geylang Road

(next to Lor 44)

Singapore 389625

Hi all,

Where can I get good, presentable and reasonable priced toilet bowl and sink?

At Jalan Besar (diagonally opp MacDonalds & lightings.com.sg)

Poh Seng Hardware (No. 153) tel. 62967318

GL Link

They come highly recommended in RT.

I got mine from Poh Seng.

Hi, i am using Morning(MN) sink..the basket for collecting waste is patent..MN is only found in PJ..

Personally i think it is more sturdy than Rubine..with just a knock at the basin base, and u will know the difference..I have a detergent dispenser and two bowls sink.

So far so good..no complaints..brought @ the same place.. :yamseng:

BTW, i am not working for PJ... it is just a coincidence.. :dunno::dunno:

hehe,.. another Poh Joo fans :)

I just got the bath supplies from Poh Joo. What's impressive about this guy is we actually do not just try to sell, but he gave me insights and very useful advices. I learnt a lot from him when I was there, initially just planning to stop by to check price, but end up having a good chat with him as he explained few things to me about the bath tub etc. As he tried to clear his stock from his just finished project (seems like his main business is actually with developers that build condos, HDB BTOs, etc - not with direct customer like us), he gave me good quality bath tub with a very low price. I can't disclose the price here but I can tell you it's more than 35% discount :)

As I was quite impressed with the service and price, I promised him I would help promoting him, that;s why I tell you this :) Before talking about price, tell him you get his number from the guy from Jurong West - try to bargain from the price he gave, but don;t tell him I told you to bargain :)

If anyone still looking, before you go there try calling for the boss directly first - Benjamin 9850 2821 - or try to get to talk to him there usually it's quite tough to get hold of him as he's usually very busy, always got customers talking with him. Anyway, try calling his mobile, my experience is he will call back when he gets miscall.

At Jalan Besar (diagonally opp MacDonalds & lightings.com.sg)

Poh Seng Hardware (No. 153) tel. 62967318

GL Link

They come highly recommended in RT.

I got mine from Poh Seng.

There is another post here said they are very bad... and my experience when I was there - no customer like a dead business, and the service sucks. Anyway, perhaps just being there not at a right time.

Been using the TEKA brand sink n tap as well as the oven , hood and hob...

after about 5 years...I would say it is just the brand only, the sink quality is not really that fantastic,

many minor scratches...

only the TEKA oven is ok.

This time round will not go for TEKA brand. ;)

Hi everybody,

I need help!!!

My kitchen sink was undermount beneath KOREAN brand solid surface for 3 years.

Silicone turned black subsequently.

Experience water leaking into the narrow gap between solid surface.

Wet the below area (rubbish chute) and wooden doors.

I had called for contractor to redo silicone once and after 4 months another contractor to do epoxy fillings.

My problem still cannot resolve.

Any solution????

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I need help!!!

My kitchen sink was undermount beneath KOREAN brand solid surface for 3 years.

Silicone turned black subsequently.

Experience water leaking into the narrow gap between solid surface.

Wet the below area (rubbish chute) and wooden doors.

I had called for contractor to redo silicone once and after 4 months another contractor to do epoxy fillings.

My problem still cannot resolve.

Any solution????

Thanks

hmm, seems that undermounted sinks eventually develop these problems of leaking. I had been also debating whether to undermount and had read about many instances of eventual leakages after a few years. My contractor told me that the daily load of utensils and other items placed a lot of pressures plus the natural gravitational pull would eventually cause the sink to "sink".

So I'm going for top mount despite the fact that undermount is my preference.

One solution is to get your contractor to top mount your current sink if it can be top mounted, or else top mount with a new sink.