Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Mega Discount

Happen to drop by today, quite impress with their willingness to match prices.

Good place to get electrical and electronics?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Happen to drop by today, quite impress with their willingness to match prices.

Good place to get electrical and electronics?

yes, its a good place to get stuff

i bought most of the big items (fridge, cooker, LCD TV, built in oven, washing machine) from them and the prices are alot lower than outside shops.

i noticed that its the individual product Distributors that actually delivered the goods, not Mega Discount ppl, which i think its a good thing. That means the products comes directly from the Distributor warehouse. Installation is all done by Distributor.

yes, its a good place to get stuff

i bought most of the big items (fridge, cooker, LCD TV, built in oven, washing machine) from them and the prices are alot lower than outside shops.

i noticed that its the individual product Distributors that actually delivered the goods, not Mega Discount ppl, which i think its a good thing. That means the products comes directly from the Distributor warehouse. Installation is all done by Distributor.

Yup... I get best price for the latest 6 door Panny fridge which will cost one leg at other establish place. This place only want my toes wor.

After countless trips, endless discussions with wife, and forum searching I booked washing machine / dryer (LG), Refrigerator (LG), and hob + hood from Mega @ United Square.

Look for a person called joe. He is a 'deal maker' mentality person (so easy for my husband to deal with). They offer good prices in general. Told him I have prices from X, Y, Z shops already. And, he matched / better'ed them. Overall, ok experience. He knows we have done research so doesn't waste a lot of time haggling.

Fingers (tightly) crossed on goods being delivered well and on-time now. Will keep you guys updated.

Enjoy,

Lucy

Mega Discount Store - do they take 0% installment?

After countless trips, endless discussions with wife, and forum searching I booked washing machine / dryer (LG), Refrigerator (LG), and hob + hood from Mega @ United Square.

Look for a person called joe. He is a 'deal maker' mentality person (so easy for my husband to deal with). They offer good prices in general. Told him I have prices from X, Y, Z shops already. And, he matched / better'ed them. Overall, ok experience. He knows we have done research so doesn't waste a lot of time haggling.

Fingers (tightly) crossed on goods being delivered well and on-time now. Will keep you guys updated.

Enjoy,

Lucy

i wonder they are can pay their rental at United Sq if they keep offering such steep discounts

i wonder they are can pay their rental at United Sq if they keep offering such steep discounts

I have bought most of my stuff from Mega Discount Store and am quite happy with their prices and service. One of the reasons they can afford giving at low price is, I think, saving cost on warehouse as they get the distributors to deliver directly to customers. Another reason could be that they focus more on volumes, than on individual profit margins. But, I don't think they give rock bottom prices - as in the difference between them and others is enough for us to buy from them, but not so much as to incur losses. We have to remember that the retailers have a substantial margin from wholesale price. So its up to them what to concentrate on - low margin high volumes or high margin low volumes.

Mega Discount is more or less the cheapest (with Gain City coming close). The rest may come down with bargaining, but its also dependant on the location. Service wise, sales as well as after sales, Mega Discont is the best.