Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ed7000

Apartment Near The Hills

The move to get as smaller apartment as we do not want to be rely on live in house help ended with us lookign at a condo unit that is much smaller than a maisonette that we have been staying in.

A small 2 bedroom unit is the target and we manage to find one reasonably priced suiting our needs.However, kitchen was much smaller than we are now used to.

So reno plan has a major item to remove current wall and create space with glass partition and semi open concept kitchen.

Conveying this to the different IDs seem to present varying ideas but mostly difficult to conceptualise.

Quite difficult to select IDs that can fit 100% with what I want...

Well finally, went ahead with a young man from North West - Alex.

I must say, he has been quite pleasant to deal with. He came up with the basic layout plan, and lighting plan. We amended and change some areas before the hacking started. Hacking Debris had been removed and material came in..

Quite on schedule.

But then I noticed the hacking of toilet walls all damaged quite a few concealed drain pipes and town gas pipe.

My ID did not mention these damages... Did not know if anyone knew that these were damaged in the first place if I did not mentioned them????

Kitchen wall and entrance down http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/r...0A/DSCN0490.jpg

Aircon balcony wall downed http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/r...0A/DSCN0499.jpg

Toilet new entrance http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/r...0A/DSCN0492.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/r...0A/DSCN0493.jpg

Common toilet hacked http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/r...0A/DSCN0491.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I really like open-kitchen concepts. Wish I was able to do it for my place, but we were unable to due to space constraints.

My kitchen was really small, only 6sq meters. So no choice, I had to take out a wall and will be eating about 1meter space into the dinning area.

Not sure how it will turn out but I think it is a better move so it brightens up the place a little.

Tilings, partition and false ceilings done.

Parquet has been completed with sanding and varbish 11days after laying. I must say it looks nice after the sanding and varnishing. Only problem is that I did not realise HauHau overestimated the parquet I needed for me by more than 15% and now I have 1.5 boxes of parquet fully paid for sitting and they will not take it back. So for those of you whom had intention to buy your own parquet do take note of the estimated quantity needed.

Will try to post picture soon. Expecting wardrobes and kitchen to be in next 10days.

My kitchen was really small, only 6sq meters. So no choice, I had to take out a wall and will be eating about 1meter space into the dinning area.

Not sure how it will turn out but I think it is a better move so it brightens up the place a little.

Yeah I wanted to knock down the wall that separates dining from kitchen too, to "open up" the space.

But because I was previously living in a studio apartment where all the areas were merged, the smell of food lingering in the air could be really overwhelming.

Just take note if you tend to use the kitchen facilities often!

Yeah I wanted to knock down the wall that separates dining from kitchen too, to "open up" the space.

But because I was previously living in a studio apartment where all the areas were merged, the smell of food lingering in the air could be really overwhelming.

Just take note if you tend to use the kitchen facilities often!

Thanks for input. I have a glass sliding door and a folding partition. to seal up Kitchen area. Not sure if it will turn ok as planned. Hopefully it will and the smell will not be that strong.

Tilings, partition and false ceilings done.

Parquet has been completed with sanding and varbish 11days after laying. I must say it looks nice after the sanding and varnishing. Only problem is that I did not realise HauHau overestimated the parquet I needed for me by more than 15% and now I have 1.5 boxes of parquet fully paid for sitting and they will not take it back. So for those of you whom had intention to buy your own parquet do take note of the estimated quantity needed.

Will try to post picture soon. Expecting wardrobes and kitchen to be in next 10days.

Hi there,

What's yr Parquet sizing per piece? just thinking aloud if there's any possibility that i might buy some from you if the size fits.

Cheers