Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Cosy Small Home In North East

Hi to all the nice forumers here.... :D

Finally it's time to start my own reno blog here... I have been lurking around since some time ago and very much enjoyed looking at the process of how everyone has transformed your house to beloved home.

Like most in here, I have thousands and one questions in my head when it comes to renovation. But I must say the info that all forumers shared are very useful to me. And I always try to come in to Renotalk whenever I can afford the time.

First of all, a very big thank you to "Rondy" for letting me view your house. It gives me some ideas of Yeak’s works. And not forgetting a lot of others like "Pinkpetter", “skyblue” and many others that shares with me where I can source for ideas.

So here's my attempt at starting my very own t-blog. I am actually hesistant in starting a t-blog because I am not sure if I have the time to update it. I am hardly in SIN and as anyone could guess, I did not make it for my HDB 1st appt and in the end have to engage someone fm lawyer office to act on my behalf :bangwall:

Just like most owners, I am currently going through the selection of IDs and contractors. Because of my many frequent flyings and not in SIN, it was very tough to meet and discuss the given quotes. It is very important for me to select or buy or arrange all things while I have days in SIN. And my ID must be someone very experienced, responsible and reliable person to manage my whole reno as I will not be around to check the process of the whole reno at all. We may be communcating via sms or emails most times and I may leave decision making to him on my behalf. Most important we must be on the same wavelength and he must know my taste, hehhehehe :P ….I have already started talking to several firms and is currently in the final stage of finalising 1 soon.

I will start by posting the floorplan up here first follow by some pics of the existing flat. I have not got the keys yet so these are pics fm the Valuation report fm agent. It is going to be a complete overhaul and I am expecting the damage :help:

Pics of current place before reno:

Evaluationreport.jpg

Original floorplan:

3rm.jpg

Plans to reno:

3rmfengshuiplanKENNETH.jpg

Whole house:

- replacement of existing pipes to stainless steel

- plastering of whole house and painting

- replace living rm grills to wrough iron grills

- replace windows

- repace wrough iron gate

Hacking:

- existing floor tiles, kitchen and toilet wall tiles

- existing store, wall between master bedrm n living rm, portion of wall between 2 bedrms

- change 1 bedrm door

Living Hall, store and 2 bedrms:

- supply/ lay homogeneous tiles for living rm

- supply/ construct L-box for living rm, 2 bedrms

- TV console for living rm

- bookshelves cum storage cabinet

- half height shoerack

- to cement screed for 2 bedrms (I have got Supreme to lay laminate floor)

- L-shape wadrobe for bedrm

- TV feature wall console with 360 degree turn for bedrm

- Writing table

Kitchen:

- supply/ lay homogeneous floor and wall tiles

- fridge, washing machine n cabinet bases

- full ht cabinets for both side of kitchen (include 1 tall unit cum storage)

- black galaxy table top for kitchen cabinet

- stainless steel backing

Toilet:

- supply/ lay floor and wall tiles

- frosted glass swing doors

- common toilet convert fm squat to sit

- storage water tank

Would most welcome any comment, feedback or suggestion. those who already have done up their house are most welcome to share your views, advises, experiences and recommendations too :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello catseyes2004sg, welcome aboard RT!! :D

Happened that I was here checking your PM, and there you are creating your own blog already.

Anyway, just update as and when you are free, no worries.

People here would be glad to help.

Hope you would have a smooth reno process!

Cheers!! :)

Hello catseyes2004sg, welcome aboard RT!! :D

Happened that I was here checking your PM, and there you are creating your own blog already.

Anyway, just update as and when you are free, no worries.

People here would be glad to help.

Hope you would have a smooth reno process!

Cheers!! :)

Hi skyblue,

Tks for the warm welcome. Really tks to u for the contacts and info!

Will need lots of advise fm u home owners here :P

welcome cateyes :P , wah.. ur living room very big!! :dribble:

Hi luckable,

I do follow yr blog and must say yr reno is very nice.

I have also approached Roy to quote for my place. He is 1 of my 3 shortlisted Ids.

He is very approachable and contribute gd ideas.

Yes, what attracted me to buy my unit is the big living hall, kanna conned liao, hehhehe :P

But the real reason is cos this unit is next to my mum's blk, so can visit her everyday if I am in SIN and I don't have to travel to visit her. N not forgetting mum's home cooked food!

But the MBR toilet really headache, super tiny! Ids have suggest to hack the toilet wall and 'eat' into my common bedrm space, which I am going to do that.

Hi luckable,

I do follow yr blog and must say yr reno is very nice.

I have also approached Roy to quote for my place. He is 1 of my 3 shortlisted Ids.

He is very approachable and contribute gd ideas.

Yes, what attracted me to buy my unit is the big living hall, kanna conned liao, hehhehe :P

But the real reason is cos this unit is next to my mum's blk, so can visit her everyday if I am in SIN and I don't have to travel to visit her. N not forgetting mum's home cooked food!

But the MBR toilet really headache, super tiny! Ids have suggest to hack the toilet wall and 'eat' into my common bedrm space, which I am going to do that.

Hahaha.. U got approach roy ah.. He not bad lah.. Ur hse 82sqm, wah lao like a 4 rm flat lor.. :D

3rm toilet all cannot make it one.. hahaha.. mine i also "eat" into my bedroom coz i wanted a shower screen and hv a dry area.. I nvr regret doing it.. :good:

Hi Catseyes,

Welcome! I like your floorplan, quite different from the usual 3rm ones. And the big living room is really good to have.

Looking forward to your flat transformation! :D

wha.. your living room is big. some more corridor unit. 1st time i see such a 3rm config. where is your place? hougang?

Edited by alamak

Hi Catseyes,

Welcome! I like your floorplan, quite different from the usual 3rm ones. And the big living room is really good to have.

Looking forward to your flat transformation! :D

wha.. your living room is big. some more corridor unit. 1st time i see such a 3rm config. where is your place? hougang?

Hi to Rasp, tuababy, and alamak,

I enjoyed reading yr blogs and the reno process, beautiful homes u got!

Yes, my place is in Hougang. I also very surprised when I went to view the unit and was told it is 82sqm! I was told by the seller each floor has got 1 unit of this size.

The first thing that caught my eyes was it was spacious for a 3rm and I need the space to store all my barang barang, hehhe :P

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Congrats Cat! :D

am here to reply ur pm msg.

we bought 8sets of S4 and 4 sets of S1

if u had check out Blum before, u will know S4 is higher than S1.

hehe paiseh forgot abt the unit price for each one but all 12sets costs us only $713.81 which i think is a GREAT BUY!

Address is : No 906K Upper Thomson Rd

Shop is : Hong Li Hardware

eh u flight attendant? fly here fly there type? ;)

wow!!!now then i see your layout!its nice to have bedroom not facing the corridor,more privacy!!!

I would say u have a good bargain for your house lor.

So now u know how to input picture to your blog already right?

hehe. :D

u miss me or not? ;)

walau u openly flirt with Cat ah!!!!!!!!!!

cannot meh?!u jealous ah?!

Oops...maybe I should ask for your permission first,haha.

yala! post less than 20 already flirt w her! 真是不知羞耻!!!

Cat,pls pardon her,she is like that de..will go around and bark at people's blog,in case u donno her,soon u will know more

about her bahwu...u can consult kopi and angel if u have doubt on her character :dunno:

Aiyo, you always 刺激 her hor.

She is quite good one mah [ other than always call me the wrong "name" :P ], because of your "讽刺", that's why she always "fire" at you mah.

But of course, all done in the name of FUN. :P

Haha...