Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Ritz Rymen

Really like what i saw there today, latex seats and nice fabric, warranty of 5 years

but saw on singaporebrides that some had terrible experience since 2005.

Anyone has any feedback?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We wanted to buy a platform bed there, after going home to take measurements etc we called up to ask whether they were willing to give a discount, and were told "if you come down we will give you a price that will make you happy".

What they meant by that was $50 dollars off a $1500 bedframe... then to make matters worse, they tried to add on GST and delivery charges to that amount after we had agreed upon $1450.

Just because I was so pissed, I refused to buy on principle. I just think shops should be upfront with pricing.

I can't comment on aftersales service, but I did an online search and unfavourable reviews turned up. So I'm glad I steered clear away.

Hope that helps.

Edited by HungryPillow

Really like what i saw there today, latex seats and nice fabric, warranty of 5 years

but saw on singaporebrides that some had terrible experience since 2005.

Anyone has any feedback?

Ritz Rymen is one of those old school furniture shops that try to charge you as much as possible and give you as little as possible. Unless you are really good at bargaining, I suggest you give it a miss.

For a less painful shopping experience I recommend the following companies:

Cellini, Lorenzo, OM, Star Furniture, IKEA, Courts and Harvey Norman.

At least these companies put out prices and you won't be charged based on how much the salespeople can get out of you.

A sure sign of trouble is when you don't see prices on the products.

Bought bed frame and sofa from them 2 yrs back (gst from 5% increase to 7%). Quite unhappy with their service. Was told by them that if we place the deposit before new regulation for the 7% gst, all our items will be charged under 5% gst, and we can advise the delivery date later. We happily placed the deposit. months later, their office called a few times saying tat we need to pay the balance 2% gst for our items as we nv make the full payment before the new regulation. I argued with them, and even advised them the sales gal name. In the end, the office juz say it’s government law, and I need to get the sales gal to call them, and explain.. I called the outlet, either the sales gal is not in, or she’s not free. It’s so tiring, and pissed. In the end, I sort of hack care, and told my hubby that we will only be giving the balance amount stated in the invoice, and nothing more.

Ritz Rymen is one of those old school furniture shops that try to charge you as much as possible and give you as little as possible. Unless you are really good at bargaining, I suggest you give it a miss.

For a less painful shopping experience I recommend the following companies:

Cellini, Lorenzo, OM, Star Furniture, IKEA, Courts and Harvey Norman.

At least these companies put out prices and you won't be charged based on how much the salespeople can get out of you.

A sure sign of trouble is when you don't see prices on the products.

Thanks and that makes a lot of sense.

i bought mine from them...we sort of customised it (make it smaller) and we are pending for the delivery...

1 week before the delivery, they called me and confirmed on the delivery date but i reschedule to 1 week later...

So far still ok... keeping my finger cross... delivery on 16th Nov

I have some some very bad experience with a shop in The Furniture Mall call 'Ritz Rymen'.

We bought a L shaped Sofa at that place.

We removed the wrapping only 2 days after delivery because the place was still under renovation when the sofa arrived.

The sofa had a big black stain on the upholstery.

We called the shop and asked them to replace the damaged item.

All they told us is that we should have checked when they delivery arrived and it's not their responsibility anymore.

I think this is an example of really bad customer service and attitude.

I have some some very bad experience with a shop in The Furniture Mall call 'Ritz Rymen'.

We bought a L shaped Sofa at that place.

We removed the wrapping only 2 days after delivery because the place was still under renovation when the sofa arrived.

The sofa had a big black stain on the upholstery.

We called the shop and asked them to replace the damaged item.

All they told us is that we should have checked when they delivery arrived and it's not their responsibility anymore.

I think this is an example of really bad customer service and attitude.

It is best to check when the goods are delivered, if reno not done do postpone your delivery. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of these retailers.

I have had a bad experience with them as well. In the beginning seemed to be quite genuine and helpful.

We were promised that if we trim the size of our furniture down they will reduce the total payment accordingly. So I paid the deposit thinking nothing of it.

Fast forward to the future and now when we ask to revise the price downwards, they turn around and tell me no such promise was made.

Guess it was my fault for not writing it down, but they have some really bad post sales attitude.

don't scare me loh. I just paid for my TV console there. siao liao.

from my shopping experience, i would like to choose some new-startup furniture shop, usually newbie is very sensitive for feedback from customer and easy to bargain.

most of all, you can ask them to provide free delivery and installation and you can check the quality on site. if you guys want to buy solid pine wood bedframe, i would strongly recommend you to this shop(IBENMA furniture located in peninsula shopping centre), the owner is very believable and can be trusted.

Very good loh. They already called to tell me they cannot deliver on the date I chose when I paid. Wanna change to the next saturday also full liao. Now force me to take delivery on weekday. Even after I tell them I got to take leave in order to wait for their one piece of tv console when all the other suppliers are coming on saturday.

Btw, how are they related to St Louis? The person who called to change the date called me from St louis.

Very good loh. They already called to tell me they cannot deliver on the date I chose when I paid. Wanna change to the next saturday also full liao. Now force me to take delivery on weekday. Even after I tell them I got to take leave in order to wait for their one piece of tv console when all the other suppliers are coming on saturday.

Btw, how are they related to St Louis? The person who called to change the date called me from St louis.

They are under the same boss and use the same tactics. Just avoid them .