Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JandG

Home For 3. You, The Dog And Me

i was quoted $180 for this, did you get the halogen or the led version?

wow!! thats really cheap ! which shop did u go to ? i got the halogen one from Lights Advance...but am changing the bulbs to led on my own. halogen is really hot !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
nope leh not yet completed....even when completed....guess i only PM those who wish to know...damage already done..what to do...

Mind PMing me?

And yea, I agree...if you are not happy with the final product, withhold the last payment until they rectify it to your wish...that's what they are supposed to do...

Mind PMing me?

And yea, I agree...if you are not happy with the final product, withhold the last payment until they rectify it to your wish...that's what they are supposed to do...

Thanks for your advice worldangel...have PM'ed u :)

wow!! thats really cheap ! which shop did u go to ? i got the halogen one from Lights Advance...but am changing the bulbs to led on my own. halogen is really hot !

A shop in geylang :P I was quite amazed at the prices too.

Anyway, I think halogen is better maintenance wise because it is easy to replace. I understand that LED is very hard to change if it spoils.

Can I check with you what you mean by "really hot"?

I haven't used it yet so I am checking first.

Anyway both LED and halogen type are also $180.

thanks for your advice amrasnelya...will defn keep in mind what u have said.

i hope the end will be a happy home for u too..

keeping my fingers cross that i can remem and learn from some of the renovation journeys here for my own house... :rolleyes:

btw, can u pm me too which ID u've engaged?

A shop in geylang :P I was quite amazed at the prices too.

Anyway, I think halogen is better maintenance wise because it is easy to replace. I understand that LED is very hard to change if it spoils.

Anyway both LED and halogen type are also $180.

Can learn the address that you bought the lightings?

If possible give me the Postal code too...very bad in searching for place in the east...will be using GPS...thanks...

Can learn the address that you bought the lightings?

If possible give me the Postal code too...very bad in searching for place in the east...will be using GPS...thanks...

A Lighting Enterprise

463 Geylang Rd, 389422, Singapore

p: 67451829

nope leh not yet completed....even when completed....guess i only PM those who wish to know...damage already done..what to do...

I am sorry to read abt your unpleasant reno experience. I hope you will get the dream home you desired after all the jazz. Mind pm me the id firm that you engaged?

Chpt 9 : Short-changed

It was abt this time when our ID suddenly sprung a trap on us ! :jawdrop:

On his design and thru his 3D diagrams he portrayed a full feature wall for the TV console that extends up to the ceiling and down the opposite wall. He had previously used plasterboard to fill up half of a recessed area in our living room with a gap for the carpentry to do this feature wall. However, at this pt after the the plasterboard is complete, he tells us that this feature wall is NOT included and we have to pay $330 to top up for this. Had i known its not included, i would have just asked him to plaster the full wall and not leave me any lobang. Now what ?? :angry:

i refused to pay for it and got an outside contractor to do for me for $180. i think i would have even paid shd it cost >$330 as its the principle ! :fire:

the red circled are is the carpentry portion my own contractor did for me to cover the lobang

SANY0616a.jpg

As we examined the workmanship...here goes more pics....

my WIW...looks ok frm here (except the ugly white shelf holder bits

SANY0607.jpg

until we look closer and discover the laminates didnt cover the drawers....all was done up in cheaper polykem. closer look u can see our leather laminates only on frame of wardrobe and not on all drawers. Is this normal ?? We questioned the ID he says drawers are considered 'internal' and wun be laminated. when we select laminates for WIW, this is what we get.

middle strip is the frame in leather laminates. drawers on both sides in polykem. Correct ??

SANY0587.jpg

then we noticed the right entire side of the wardrobe oso in polykem. now....this one he cannot run....dun tell me the side is also considered 'internal' ?

SANY0608.jpg Edited by JandG

Chpt 10 : On a Brighter note

Looks like my T-blog is attracting a lot of negative attn due to defects. Sigh :( when we created this, we wanted to share happy memories too. One thing we like is our false ceiling work.

Which also met up with hiccups as they almost did the master-bedroom ceiling wrongly and did one row of lights instead of two inside the L-shaped cove. As usual, after work we were there and spotted the mistake. We called ID to explain, he didnt understand. We called electrician who immediately understood and told electrician to explain to ID what we wanted. Pathetic rite ? Anyhow, here are the pics....

living room PLC

SANY0728.jpg

living rm PLC and LED spotlight

SANY0643.jpg

common room mini false ceiling

SANY0708.jpg

master bedroom L-shaped cove that we love :sport-smiley-004:

SANY0740.jpg

SANY0705.jpg

helo JandG

Congrats on your new homes. Love the wall colours..

look so cool with the lightings

Pardon me, didnt want to add fuel to the fire but there is something I do not not understand..

why are you being penalised for all the wrong instructions given..

like paying for the cement screeding.

shouldnt all the ID bear all the extra charges, since he is the one at fault?

Edited by charemme

hello ossify,

halogen lights are heat producers...imagine dining table the heat directly shine on u when u eat...sure sweat one ! thats why i say its really hot to have halogen...led is much better in terms of heat generation...cant feel it at all.

helo JandG

Congrats on your new homes. Love the wall colours..

look so cool with the lightings

Pardon me, didnt want to add fuel to the fire but there is something I do not not understand..

why are you being penalised for all the wrong instructions given..

like paying for the cement screeding.

shouldnt all the ID bear all the extra charges, since he is the one at fault?

hello charemme,

thanks for your kind comments ;)

when he quoted us and made us sign the variation addendums he only said it was for the kitchen walls. he never told us what he was charging for, even when we told him which panels we wanted. even though it was ex at $550, we weighed this against the price of re-spraying tiles which was 2k and felt its ok. Only later when done did we realise that we paid for too much :dunno:

Edited by JandG