Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JandG

Home For 3. You, The Dog And Me

Chpt 13: Finishing touches

Last few items to be changed before our reno is done. re-laminated the reddish main door to a nice black with gold woodgrain design

just push back our door and it holds! no need to put stopper...

SANY0794.jpg

it holds based on this ball bearing that locks in place

SANY0796.jpg

the pretty gold woodgrain design:good:

SANY0797.jpg

kitchen glass door and fixed glass panel put in place

SANY0878.jpg

our industrial sink and black galaxy granite top :)

SANY0852.jpg

Hi.

Can share the contact & cost of your main door job pls ? thx

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Martello is a capsule concept similar to Nespresso.. I'm not too sure whether you can use all kind of capsules or just only martello's own.. If you can only use back martello's capsules I think you'll be better off getting a nespresso, at least the supply of capsules is there..

thanks for the replies J&G...good to know of your positive experiences with Ariston and Mayer. :)

so the nespresso machine for frothing milk is the aerocinno model?

do nespresso supply tea capsules as well?

i looked ard seems like this martello have some tea capsules also.

forgot to ask if they can use all kind of capsules though... :unsure:

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi.

Can share the contact & cost of your main door job pls ? thx

Your re-laminated door looks very classy and nice!

Do you have a photo of your original door? after seeing your final piece, we are considering to do the same as yours too!

We don't have a picture of the original door.. As for the cost wise, I don't really know cos it's done by the ID carpenter as part of the package, but should be around 300 to 400 for the laminates and labour. It is quite a siong job and most carpenters don't like to do it.. You have to take the door off the frame, remove all the locks and hinges, sand it down throughly to remove the old coat of varnish and then apply the laminate. A full day job.

Hi Jandg,

your main door catch, where did u get it? Cos my new HDB flat didn't come w any magnetic door catch so now I m currently using the rubber door stopper..the Main door is given by the HDB...Btw do u know if I can put the bearing onto my original door?

TIA

thanks for the replies J&G...good to know of your positive experiences with Ariston and Mayer. :)

so the nespresso machine for frothing milk is the aerocinno model?

do nespresso supply tea capsules as well?

The aerocinno is a electric jug used just for frothing milk.. Some Nespresso machines comes with a Aerocinno built in together with the espresso unit, for the rest of the models it's a option to buy as a separate item. No tea capsules for Nespresso.

i looked ard seems like this martello have some tea capsules also.

forgot to ask if they can use all kind of capsules though... :unsure:

Interesting but don't think it's a good idea to make tea from a coffee machine. The tea will probably get contaminated with the taste of coffee.. Unless you like yuan-yang.. :D

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi Jandg,

your main door catch, where did u get it? Cos my new HDB flat didn't come w any magnetic door catch so now I m currently using the rubber door stopper..the Main door is given by the HDB...Btw do u know if I can put the bearing onto my original door?

TIA

Does your main door comes with a door-closer? The ball bearing is actually on the door-closer arm. You can change out the whole arm, as long as your original door-closer body's socket matches with the new arm.. If it doesn't, then you have to buy a complete new set, consist of the body and the arm..

If it all sounds too complicated then you can look for Jonas at Contat Decor :D

Tel: [+65] 6442 5370, 6442 5270, 6442 5370

i see.....so the aerocinno is actually an electric milk frothing jug...thanks!

yuan-yang? does that mean 'rojak taste'? Lol... :P

anyways, my wife prefers making tea using her own brew and not a machine's...

i just love the overpowering caffeine smell in the morning! :dribble:

silly question...is the nespresso machine able to produce strong wafts of caffeineted odour upon brewing? :unsure:

i see.....so the aerocinno is actually an electric milk frothing jug...thanks!

yuan-yang? does that mean 'rojak taste'? Lol... :P

anyways, my wife prefers making tea using her own brew and not a machine's...

i just love the overpowering caffeine smell in the morning! :dribble:

silly question...is the nespresso machine able to produce strong wafts of caffeineted odour upon brewing? :unsure:

Here's some pics of the Aeroccino. Second pic is of it in action frothing milk..

SANY0991.jpg

SANY0995.jpg

Yuan-yang is coffee mixed with tea. Popular drink in HK, not widely drank here but you can get it at TCC. You will definately get the strong coffee smell when you pull a shot of espresso with the Nespresso. :D

Yuan-yang is coffee mixed with tea. Popular drink in HK, not widely drank here but you can get it at TCC. You will definately get the strong coffee smell when you pull a shot of espresso with the Nespresso. :D

woah...coffee mixed with tea? interesting...shd try that one of these days then!

hah...tempting..tempting..wrt to the strong coffee smell on the Nespresso... :dribble:

argh...its a want at the moment so maybe i KIV first till reno done and if got spare

moolahs to spend...wahahaha... ;)

thanks for the feedbacks J&G! :)

Wifey decided to make some macarons today.. Not bad considering it's her first attempt at 'em.. The chocolate ones turn out fine, can't say the same for the lemon ones.. Oh well, still taste good though :dancingqueen:

Fresh out from the oven.

xl9sg8.jpg

Putting in the filling..

34ht06c.jpg

Chocolate ones are nice..

vxlag.jpg

Lemon ones are not.. :rolleyes:

af8s5k.jpg

Chpt 13: Finishing touches

Last few items to be changed before our reno is done. re-laminated the reddish main door to a nice black with gold woodgrain design

just push back our door and it holds! no need to put stopper...

SANY0794.jpg

it holds based on this ball bearing that locks in place

SANY0796.jpg

Hi hi,

May I know where did you get this ball bearing? Did you change the entire arm or simply just get te ball bearing will do?

Edited by bride_y

Hi hi,

May I know where did you get this ball bearing? Did you change the entire arm or simply just get te ball bearing will do?

Refer to earlier post here

yo babe! long time to come in here :D

i bought a red kitchenaid mixer w ice cream attachment!

so excited to start but coming on 15april nia...

wat dishes have u been cooking up lately??

Hi J&G,

This is the best T-blog I ever read, and the stuff you installed in your house, great!!

How I wished I can learn from you previously, I am starting my reno next week.

By the way, my new house is at Fernvale Vista. :D