Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookiez

Hdb Grant Query

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a resale flat to live together with my parents. We will be applying under

the Public Scheme and I would also like to apply for a higher-tier Singles Grant of $20k.

But I'm not sure if I'm still eligible for the grant cos my parents hv bought a flat many yrs

back directly from HDB and hv already sold it away.

Hope the experts here can enlighten me. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a resale flat to live together with my parents. We will be applying under

the Public Scheme and I would also like to apply for a higher-tier Singles Grant of $20k.

But I'm not sure if I'm still eligible for the grant cos my parents hv bought a flat many yrs

back directly from HDB and hv already sold it away.

Hope the experts here can enlighten me. Thanks!

If you want to apply under the single scheme, you will have to be 35 years and above. Your parents will be occupier instead of owner, so no influence on your grant. Loan amt will be based on your income.

Just to add, if you want parents as owner, then it will be a family nuclus scheme, dun think can get the single grant then.

Edited by raincole

Trying to get some answers from my questions, please.

I bought my 3-rm resale flat, without any grant in 2006.

I intend to sell it off due to the hot demand around my area. So after the CPF refunds, and whatever proceeds to me, I intend to purchase a 4-rm resale flat near my parents. How much grants can I able to get from HDB? Let's say the purchase price of the my desired 4-rm is $320K, and my unit is $255K. My neighbor just sold his 3-rm unit @ $255K. Do I need to pay any cash upfront?

Note: I am the only one contributing to the housing loans, and gross salary below $5K. Currently my last OA is about 15K.

Trying to get some answers from my questions, please.

I bought my 3-rm resale flat, without any grant in 2006.

I intend to sell it off due to the hot demand around my area. So after the CPF refunds, and whatever proceeds to me, I intend to purchase a 4-rm resale flat near my parents. How much grants can I able to get from HDB? Let's say the purchase price of the my desired 4-rm is $320K, and my unit is $255K. My neighbor just sold his 3-rm unit @ $255K. Do I need to pay any cash upfront?

Note: I am the only one contributing to the housing loans, and gross salary below $5K. Currently my last OA is about 15K.

no matter what, you still will have to fork out the COV during the 1st appointment. Your 'profits' if any will only come after the sales completion.

no matter what, you still will have to fork out the COV during the 1st appointment. Your 'profits' if any will only come after the sales completion.

alamak, I know I need to fork out COV, if the seller's asking price is higher than the valuation.

So do you know how much grant am I entitled to? 40K? :rolleyes:

alamak, I know I need to fork out COV, if the seller's asking price is higher than the valuation.

So do you know how much grant am I entitled to? 40K? :rolleyes:

Does the household 's combined income exceeding 8K?

Edited by forgotten

forgotten, thanks.

So do I entitled the additional housing grant as well?

For additional housing grant, the household income must not exceed 5K.

This page shows different grant amounts for different income ranges.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WP...nt?OpenDocument

Hope it helps.

P/s: So envious. I can't get any single grant leh. :P

Edited by forgotten