Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey M

Somewhere Over The Rainbow In Jurong West~~

Drop by again today. In case you are wondering, my parents' house in jurong west also, only a few bus stops away from the new home. If I am not too tired after work, I would drive my wife to the new home to take a look at the reno. If she can, she want to see the reno everyday. We have this belief - 疑人不用用人不疑. But we still worried la (and eager to see), so want to drop by whenever possible. Reminds me of our wedding, our wedding photographer (Joho) only pass us our 4 wedding albums on the day before actual day. But we also love his work! Time flies.

Anyway, some pics for today.

1. ID's writing. His chinese is gd, I mean his writing - chinese characters are very straight and proper written.

DSCF1732.jpg

2. MBR's toilet. Some tiling done.

DSCF1751.jpg

3. Common toilet. some tiling done.

DSCF1756.jpg

4. Some tiling done in the kitchen.

DSCF1761.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

5. Lots of writtings on the walls.

DSCF1753.jpg

6. Hmm... I think should be the round false ceilings (to house our crystal lights!)

DSCF1747.jpg

DSCF1749.jpg

That's all for today. Have a magical day!

hey.. i have the same tiles for my kitchen too! :)

Hi ling3bzr! I bet you got the tiles at Hafary? My ID told me that this particular tile design is only available there. He has used this tile for a few reno already. I think it is one of the cheapest tile at Hafary. Actually, he saw another tile which is quite nice (he keep on saying this particular tile design reflect a person with strong character) and was going at below $3 (from $4 plus). In the end, we didn't pick becos we still want a brighter kitchen. And white matches our blue hob better.

Hi ling3bzr! I bet you got the tiles at Hafary? My ID told me that this particular tile design is only available there. He has used this tile for a few reno already. I think it is one of the cheapest tile at Hafary. Actually, he saw another tile which is quite nice (he keep on saying this particular tile design reflect a person with strong character) and was going at below $3 (from $4 plus). In the end, we didn't pick becos we still want a brighter kitchen. And white matches our blue hob better.

ohh..yah! i got it at hafary.

yea, the price for this tile is v reasonable.

initially was abit hesitent on choosing this tiles cuz scared v difficult to clean.

But on 2nd tot, i dun really cook.. so.. haaa..

wan nice only.

initially was abit hesitent on choosing this tiles cuz scared v difficult to clean.

wan nice only.

I think white coloured tiles are not a problem. My parents also use white tiles for the kitchen and cleaning is just normal cleaning. :)

wan nice only.

i also got my tiles and mosac from Hafary!!!! :P

think many of us will be tracking this unique round living room thread ... haha

haha.. me too... wow, first time to come across this design.

cannot wait to see your final product... :P

Edited by millienium_bear

me too.. cant wait to see our final pdt too...

me too.. cant wait to see our final pdt too...

two of u, a couple har. hehe.

ooo I love the cream tiles you chose. Somehow I prefer the cream matt ones to the shiny white ones. I think the matt ones give a nice rustic look! *love*

And I love that round false ceiling!! Does it cost more to have a round one?

ooo I love the cream tiles you chose. Somehow I prefer the cream matt ones to the shiny white ones. I think the matt ones give a nice rustic look! *love*

And I love that round false ceiling!! Does it cost more to have a round one?

We also prefer the cream matt one. :) That is the very first tile ID showed us at Hafary which he feels can fix into our theme better. Actually we like it the moment we saw it cos it is cream color! Ha. We chose the white shiny tile for common toilet and kitchen not because we super love it but feels white tiles can make the kitchen appears brighter. Initially ID also show us a tile which is nice (matt surface cum shiny round metal dots on the tile) but didn't pick becos I think the tiles will make the kitchen looks darker. Moreover, I have a blue hob. I am not very confident the colour will match. That tile design is full of character, suitable for those who prefer a dark-theme kitchen.

I think the cost is more or less the same base on the few quotations I have from different IDs. I don't know how the whole house will end up, really keeping fingers cross. So far feel that ID abit too auto pilot, never inform us of any (slight) changes to the design. Really have to highlight to him on this.

Edited by Mickey M