Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey M

Somewhere Over The Rainbow In Jurong West~~

Looking at my windows, do u think it is aluminium material? Just want to confirm. Hee. New New said can paint. New ah, got time can help me photoshop my green wall pic and change the window frame to white for me? Want to see how it looks like first before painting. Hee.

can windowl be paint? Can advise the type of paint to use pls. Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
can windowl be paint? Can advise the type of paint to use pls. Thank you.

Hi Hub+Wifi,

Yes. Can be painted. Type of paint suitable is those for metal and wood surface. Can check with your painter. They will know better.

Hi Hub+Wifi,

Yes. Can be painted. Type of paint suitable is those for metal and wood surface. Can check with your painter. They will know better.

No la, no drainage. Initially ID suggested to run water pipe and drainage from toilet/kitchen pass the living room and all the way to the wall so that in future if we convert it to the real plants, can actually install irrigation system. But looking at how the water pipe will run behind the carpentry, thought better not. :). I guess we can only opt for those irrigation systems where we add water will do and not those that need to connect to a water pipe. :)

Maintenance is away a problem. Actually, I feel just need to use a vaccum cleaner, low power and connect it to a brusher head if u know what I mean. Just brush through the green wall and it will be clean. Occasionally, it is still gd to clean it with a damp cloth. :). I use disney magic to stick it to the wall. Muahahaha. No la. To summarise, I told ID to drill gysum board to the wall and paint it green. Then use a stapler gun to stick it to the wall. Don't use hot glue gun, will melt fake plants.

thks mickey bro for the info....

but if use gysum board...cannot mantian by using water to wash/rinse lieow lor.....

do you think it will be good to use wire-mess screwed to the wall???

Hi Rasp,

The 3 door panels will be this:

Panel1.jpg

Basically, metal framing and the mickey mouse motifs will all be in white. Lot of clear glass to allow lights to come in. Actually, the only problem we face is the aluminium window frames, not nice. HDB don't allow t change the windows. Will see how.... hmm.

Hi Mickey,

That's quite cute. Personally, I think the motifs look abit too low, they might be 'blocked' if there's any furniture in the space infront. Would be better if they are placed higher, so that they can be spotted from afar. Hee.. So these 'glass doors' can be open right?

Er.. I thought those aluminium window frames look ok. Painting the frames white will 'highlight' the windows which I thought look weird in a 'garden' setting, wasn't they supposed be to 'hidden'. From the earlier pics, the frames look slightly brownish to me and it kinda of suit the garden kind of setting. Hee.. my personal view. :)

DIY green wall.

'Almost' before pic - cos I did 2 pieces before I took the pic:

After a few hours... green wall done!

AfterGreenWall.jpg

Will move on to the next stage of 'beautifying' this space! Hee.

Nice nice. Think maybe a couple of potted flowers will look great.

Thanks Kopi. Recently renotalk abit quiet. Where are Angel, New New and the rest.

Sick the last couple of days, so didn't online. New New duno disappear where le.

Don't worry la. Jurong is very dusty but I am not afraid at all. I am quite a clean person. So used to cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.

Hey, I totally agree on this man. Vacuum the house in the morning, evening the house dusty again...... :(

thks mickey bro for the info....

but if use gysum board...cannot mantian by using water to wash/rinse lieow lor.....

do you think it will be good to use wire-mess screwed to the wall???

The gysum board was painted with sealant follow by paint. So I think it should help abit if really want to wash by water. For me, I won't really wash it by splashing water. I will use vacuum cleaner. In any case, it will be a temporary fixture. :)

Wire-mess screwed to the wall is okie also. Just that u have to think of another way to attach to the wire mesh.

Hi Mickey,

That's quite cute. Personally, I think the motifs look abit too low, they might be 'blocked' if there's any furniture in the space infront. Would be better if they are placed higher, so that they can be spotted from afar. Hee.. So these 'glass doors' can be open right?

Er.. I thought those aluminium window frames look ok. Painting the frames white will 'highlight' the windows which I thought look weird in a 'garden' setting, wasn't they supposed be to 'hidden'. From the earlier pics, the frames look slightly brownish to me and it kinda of suit the garden kind of setting. Hee.. my personal view. :)

We have thought of the position of the motifs. Top portion seems the less ideal to us as it will sort of block the green walls. Moreover, celing of our hdb flat is not high. That why the arch is not a big one but a small one. It is to create a illusion of a higher ceiling. If we have it in the top part, it will contradict the former. Also, as what u said, it will become a focus also. Crystal lights should be the focus instead. Hee. We feel having it in centre is okie but decided putting it slightly lower to have a fuller view of the green walls and also further enhancing the illusion of high ceiling. I don't have the dimension on hand but it is not very low actually. :) The glass ddors can be open. :)

The windows looks okie actually - aluminium color. Yes. It is suitable for a garden setting. White is also suitable actually - more dreamy. Our concern is the skirting is white and the frame is white. There should be a relationship between each living space. In this case, between the main living hall and the 'garden' setting.

Nice nice. Think maybe a couple of potted flowers will look great.

Sick the last couple of days, so didn't online. New New duno disappear where le.

Hey, I totally agree on this man. Vacuum the house in the morning, evening the house dusty again...... :(

Hi Angel,

Are u better already? Do take care. CNY is drawing near.

The 'garden' area is not really complete yet. Potted flowers will be nice. :)

Jurong is super duper dusty!

New New must be sleeping too much! Muahaha.

Edited by Mickey M

Hi Angel,

Are u better already? Do take care. CNY is drawing near.

The 'garden' area is not really complete yet. Potted flowers will be nice. :)

Jurong is super duper dusty!

New New must be sleeping too much! Muahaha.

Thanks thanks, still not back to normal. Hope that will fully recover b4 cny too.

Yah loh. I have frens who shifted fr Jurong to elsewhere, and said tat Jurong seems to b dustier than her current place. Haiz.....

in fact dust is everywhere lah!haha

industrial area more dusty. if windy and industrial area, gone case :P

Looking at my windows, do u think it is aluminium material? Just want to confirm. Hee. New New said can paint. New ah, got time can help me photoshop my green wall pic and change the window frame to white for me? Want to see how it looks like first before painting. Hee.

hehe u miss me right!

green wall really v nice :D

u no have photoshop ma? paint gold la ;)