Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey M

Somewhere Over The Rainbow In Jurong West~~

To share, we bought some stuffs lately to make ourselves happy!

d°light Bubbles

13.jpg

12.jpg

The lights can be squeezed, just like squeeze balls! Can relief stress if things (eg. reno, work) aren't going well.

Mickey Mouse Console - epoxy black glittering effect! But not well captured by the pic. :)

22.jpg

13-1.jpg

The glittering black epoxy is very swee!!! Didnt know that there is such epoxy. Any idea which company provide such epoxy?

Also, the light is very swee too. Care to share the online website that you purchse the lights from?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
The glittering black epoxy is very swee!!! Didnt know that there is such epoxy. Any idea which company provide such epoxy?

Also, the light is very swee too. Care to share the online website that you purchse the lights from?

Hi MohGuan, I have no idea which company provide such epoxy but I think it is readily available, just that the price is not very 'healthy' for the wallet. My ID used epoxy paint as his flooring, very glittering. Very nice but the floor is slippery when wet though. ID and I feels the glittering effect looks gd for our mickey mouse console.

You can get the lights from a lot of website. - eg. dianalindesign, yankodesign.

:)

mickey!! your house looking great!!! can i ask how much are u looking at spending for the reno?

cause my sis was quoted 90k for renovation which i think its too much considering not doing special stuff....and somemore this is a friend who reduce it to 70k plus...

mickey!! your house looking great!!! can i ask how much are u looking at spending for the reno?

cause my sis was quoted 90k for renovation which i think its too much considering not doing special stuff....and somemore this is a friend who reduce it to 70k plus...

Preciousjam! Not more than $60k. At the moment, I spend abt $54k. There might be a bit more carpentry works. :). But mine is a 5 room flat. Ur sis?

Edited by Mickey M

Preciousjam! Not more than $60k. At the moment, I spend abt $54k. There might be a bit more carpentry works. :). But mine is a 5 room flat. Ur sis?

hers also 5 room...i told her paying 70k for a five room flat is too much...unless everything also designer and who knows what they use GOLD!!! so far i know they are not going to be doing too much things...the usual hacking tiles, kitchen redo,toilet redo, extend room space for wiw...normal right....some more initially quote was 90k lei.....

told them about this disney house blog in RT hehehehe....if paying 70k for what u did, i think at least its about there....i'm so gonna show her your blog....your house is really beautiful esp for the carpentry works love the curvy aspect of it...very unique....

hers also 5 room...i told her paying 70k for a five room flat is too much...unless everything also designer and who knows what they use GOLD!!! so far i know they are not going to be doing too much things...the usual hacking tiles, kitchen redo,toilet redo, extend room space for wiw...normal right....some more initially quote was 90k lei.....

told them about this disney house blog in RT hehehehe....if paying 70k for what u did, i think at least its about there....i'm so gonna show her your blog....your house is really beautiful esp for the carpentry works love the curvy aspect of it...very unique....

$70k is possible. The more 'branded' ID firms quoted me $60 to $80k for their designs.

Overall, I think maybe my ID Loyd lose money doing my house, that why the cost is not so high.

I am planning to keep the cost at $60k. Furnishing is another sum of money..

Anyway, the exp things are really the carpentry works. My dining table top is not done but to clad with solid surface cost me $2k plus alone. Curvy things are exp. Or should I say unconventional shapes.

Maybe ur sis can meet up with Loyd. He is really creative. I strongly recommend him so long u bear in mind he needs more time to response with designs. :)

ya!unique house i want to visit,wonder will i get the invitation or not? :(

Rondy, have to wait la. As u can see, the house is really not ready. :)

$70k is possible. The more 'branded' ID firms quoted me $60 to $80k for their designs.

Overall, I think maybe my ID Loyd lose money doing my house, that why the cost is not so high.

I am planning to keep the cost at $60k. Furnishing is another sum of money..

Anyway, the exp things are really the carpentry works. My dining table top is not done but to clad with solid surface cost me $2k plus alone. Curvy things are exp. Or should I say unconventional shapes.

Maybe ur sis can meet up with Loyd. He is really creative. I strongly recommend him so long u bear in mind he needs more time to response with designs. :)

ya will get her to see your blog...probably get a few quotes first....

Mickey Mouse Console - epoxy black glittering effect! But not well captured by the pic. :)

22.jpg

13-1.jpg

Nice surface! My wife totally fell in love with the epoxy finishing when we stepped into Loyd's studio. Thought of getting the same treatment for our floors! :P

BUT then he told us how much he spent on it... hee hee so we went back to tiles. Glad to see this surface treatment works well on carpentry as well... wonder if there's other colours...

ya will get her to see your blog...probably get a few quotes first....

Loyd takes longer than others to prepare the quotation base on my experience. Appreciate if your sis can bear with it. Usually ID firms revert within a wk or so with floorplan layout and quotation. But Loyd needs more time. Designing takes time for sure. :)

Nice surface! My wife totally fell in love with the epoxy finishing when we stepped into Loyd's studio. Thought of getting the same treatment for our floors! :P

BUT then he told us how much he spent on it... hee hee so we went back to tiles. Glad to see this surface treatment works well on carpentry as well... wonder if there's other colours...

Epoxy finishing is slippery when in contact with water though. There are tiles that have the same effect as the epoxy finishing. The really gd one I saw is abt $15 psf. Yah, the price I was quote to do this is not cheap. There are other colors. Check with Loyd. :). how is ur reno getting along? :)

Epoxy finishing is slippery when in contact with water though. There are tiles that have the same effect as the epoxy finishing. The really gd one I saw is abt $15 psf. Yah, the price I was quote to do this is not cheap. There are other colors. Check with Loyd. :). how is ur reno getting along? :)

So far progress is on track.. but we have just started the wetworks and tiling is beginning within these 2 days... Do agree though, Loyd does take his time...

Wow $15 psf... that will be really out of budget haha... actually sort of exceeding budget already... didn't realise a complete overhaul would cost so much... I'm hacking everything and replacing all tiles, constructing a new room and etc etc. Now whenever we or Loyd have any new ideas the first question is "how much?" instead of "how nice" sigh...

Edited by rasfene

So far progress is on track.. but we have just started the wetworks and tiling is beginning within these 2 days... Do agree though, Loyd does take his time...

Wow $15 psf... that will be really out of budget haha... actually sort of exceeding budget already... didn't realise a complete overhaul would cost so much... I'm hacking everything and replacing all tiles, constructing a new room and etc etc. Now whenever we or Loyd have any new ideas the first question is "how much?" instead of "how nice" sigh...

Must be patient. Yes, that why I said must be pushy a bit if u want to get ur house ready by end Apr. At least 80 or 90% done will be done by then.

$15 psf but no stock at that moment. A complete overhaul is exp. I didn't do a 100% complete overhaul. Can't imagine the cost. Mind sharing your current quote? :)

Ha.. me too. Always asking how much first. And the process will be he go back to draw, get quote and come back. Hmm, the whole process probably takes 2 to 3 wks each time. Ha.... that how time passes by.

crossed the 50k mark and still going up :( Prediction is that it might go up further....

The hacking, retiling, etc, probably set u back by $30k easily. There is only one direction reno cost is going....... always UP! Hai.