Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Home & Furnishing: Color of your Walls!

what is the effect darker floor and light wall ? Can't remember read somewhere different color coordination have different effect. can't seem to find anything on the web to read up :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

All paints depicted here are from Nippon Vinilex 5000 series.

Study Room - Aquarian

421021150_666057fdf9.jpg

Guest Room - Raspberry

421021138_b3b43836c3.jpg

Master Bedroom - Plum Rose

421021131_6ff9ebaf8d.jpg

Living Room / Dining Area / Corridor leading to bedrooms - Ash Grey

421006064_49b5408df9.jpg

Living Room Wall - Spectrum Red

421006221_e6d06a285b.jpg

hi,

is it functionally necessary to paint the whole house wall for a new flat?

Thought that HDB already paint the wall and nobody live in before so should be no scratch on

it, right? if just want white color wall, can just leave it.

Any one can give some advice???

thanks!

for me it's definitely necessary to paint the walls

the hdb walls are full of holes and is uneven

also, think they didn't 'paint' the wall, it's just a layer of primer or something :P

for me it's definitely necessary to paint the walls

the hdb walls are full of holes and is uneven

also, think they didn't 'paint' the wall, it's just a layer of primer or something :P

oh... I see...

another thread talk about DIY paint, so difficult to save some money...

DIY paint sounds horrible leh...

Hi GnM,

I think my study room has the same colour as your blue... it's Flo Blue right? I paired it with Tracey (lighter blue). Like the contrast!

I cannot remember the name of the blue... need to go home and check

heh heh... this is by far my most favorite color in the whole house!

but I must admit, my wife has a better color sense when blending the colors for each room.

And Colors DO matter when it comes to each individual room!

I am now so proud of my home. It is always so nice to see it everyday when I knock off from work!

heh heh :dunno:

oh... I see...

another thread talk about DIY paint, so difficult to save some money...

DIY paint sounds horrible leh...

the savings from DIY is really negligible if you compare to the whole renovation package cost.

get a professional to do it the first time round... it will last for a good few years.. then you want to save when you repaint, that is another story altogether then.

you will not regret it if you get the professional. The finish is so nice... and you can blame them for the shoddy work and get them to redo if the work is not satisfactory. DIY, if it is shoddy, most of the time you will just shrug it off and let it be, cos the rectification could mean a whole new can of paint, which is added cost! :dunno:

ohhhhh..... I see :P

if die die must DIY, then got to :dunno: first,

but time not enough already.

Hee hee....

so many professionals out there, better engage them...

it is not a matter of working out to endure the painting work itself

it is the time required to pour into getting the painting project done

Can you imagine... you work all week, then come weekend you gotta slave over a brush and a can of paint to do up the whole house!

phew!

get a team of painters, they do the job for you during the week, clean up the mess that comes from the drips and splatter for you and all you need to do during the weekend is to go inspect and find faults to rectify.

Eng kar cheng!

and the money you spent is really small as compared to the amount of time, sweat and effort you take to paint it the first time.

Some more got to consider the uneven walls, the pock marks and scratches you have to patch first. If the plaster is not of the right mixture, the plastered area will crack when the plaster dries... can you imagine that happening to you when you are the one doing the painting?

for the first time, I always recommend getting the professionals to do it... with most of the defects fixed, subsequent painting DIY would be so much easier! :)

Hi Padi, sent a message to you. Can I ask the code/brand of your green wall in dining room? I really love that colour. Want to choose this colour for my dining room to complement my teak furniture but am worried the colour will "give me headache" after some time.

To all, I am in the process of renovation and repainting our apt. I am thinking of below colours. What do you all think? Anyone used these colours for yourselves? Even better if you can upload some pictures to share:

(1) Main colour: Morning Dew

(2) Dining Room One Wall: considering "Seaweed" all-in-1 (Padi, wondering if this is the colour you used!)

(3) Master Bedroom: Mocha Delight (1 wall) and Natural Linen (3 walls)

(4) Daughter's bedroom: Princess Veil (2 walls) but not sure of other colour for remaining 2 walls. Any suggestions? eg yellow or orange?

I am very bad with colours so any advice would be appreciated! BTW, our apt is very bright and gets afternoon sun.

Many thx, Annie

Our study room in 'Lollipop'! I love it because it's so bright! :dancingqueen:

lollipop_room.jpg

MBR

master_rm.jpg

Living room

livingrm-day.jpg

Feature wall of living room

livingrm_lights.jpg