Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Home & Furnishing: Color of your Walls!

Hi, going to do some minor reno for my home. Can advise whether I should leave the painting last, after fixing the kitchen cabinets, aircon and window grilles.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hmm... i'd have thought there would be more pics of people sharing their home colours... :(

don't know if i should be asking this on this thread but as you can see i am a newbie...

i just got quotes of around $1000 to $1100 to paint my resale 3NG... it was renovated about 2 years ago, the walls are all "plastered" smooth aleady.. just the colours are awful (to me at least) and there are various screws, nails and hooks all around... is $1000 a reasonable amount?

hmm... i'd have thought there would be more pics of people sharing their home colours... :(

don't know if i should be asking this on this thread but as you can see i am a newbie...

i just got quotes of around $1000 to $1100 to paint my resale 3NG... it was renovated about 2 years ago, the walls are all "plastered" smooth aleady.. just the colours are awful (to me at least) and there are various screws, nails and hooks all around... is $1000 a reasonable amount?

i think its close to market rate.

HDB Classic Package* Supreme Package*

U.P. Now! U.P. Now!

3-Room $900 $800 $1000 $900

4-Room $1200 $1100 $1300 $1200

5-Room $1400 $1300 $1500 $1400

5-Room Executive $1500 $1400 $1600 $1500

Maisonette $1600 $1500 $1700 $1600

My dad is a freelance painter, he can charge much lower. He have more than 30 years of painting experience. :paint:

Can drop me a PM if you are keen. :rolleyes:

can i get your dad's contact please? Looking at a quote for a 5-room

I was quoted $1700 for painting of my 4 Room A flat.

I find it too expensive, dun u all tink so ?

$1700 including the paint or just the labour cost?

it cost us $700 for the labour and $800 for the paint.

$1700 including the paint or just the labour cost?

it cost us $700 for the labour and $800 for the paint.

sorry there is a correction... it cost $620 for the paint to be exact. :)

Our painter quoted me $1300 (using the top-end paints)

for my 5-room flat.

He's very nice, reliable & responsible.

Whenever I pointed out spots for him to touch-up, he'll do so willingly

till I'm satisfied.

Anyone looking for a good painter, do PM me :)

There is only one particular area you will need to see while finding a good painter. That is whether if they have done what they have promised. Make sure your painter is not lazy and do not add too much water to their paint. Another common complaint with CASE about painters is that many clients said their paints are not 'thick' as what their contractors or ID promised. Normally, they are promised with 2 layer of thick paint in order to let the walls look fresh and new.

However, some IDs firms, which consist the minority of the industry, sad to say again, did not fulfil what they promised to their clients, causing people to be angry with people in our industry. These minority will argue back said they had painted 2 coats on the wall. It's just that the clients do not know how to see.

Hence, to prevent this, especially you are engaging a new contractor. Tell them when is their first painting day.

The first thing you must check is whether they use the exact paint brand and paint type you and your contractor have both agreed and signed.

If your house need 3 different types of color, make sure you ask the painters to paint 2 coats of each color for you to see. Tell them to paint on a small portion of your walls. If you feel two coats are 'thin', ask for another coat. Do not mind payin a bit extra for better work.

Price will never be an issue if you are looking for quality work for your home.

Take pictures of your three walls after they are done.

Hence in case of dispute, these pictures will be your evidence.

It's a bit tiring for you. However, if you don't do that, your home paintings may not be what you want in the first place.

The best approach is to engage a credible and trustworthy painting contractor, which there are plenty in Singapore as well.

Anyone has any better idea in how to prevent this ongoing issue?

Cheers.

Edited by tansn

Mine is a 5 Room 110 sqm.Planning for re-paint the whole unit .I have gone through the nippon site and their package for 5 room is 1650 for Supreme package./1550 for std package.

They also provide free painting for 5 doors/2 pipings/1 grill(?).

How much will be approx.cost if i engage an ID/Contractor ? Will that cost include Doors/grills/Pipes or seperate cost for them ?

Any recommendation for any professional painting companies/ID'S ?