Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Skywire

Sitting Under L Box

Hi,

My ID suggested the L-Box with downlights (for new papers reading) directly under my sofa but i read somewhere before that it's not advisable to have sofa directly under a L-box in the living room. Does it mean that the L-box = Beam? That's why it's not advisable? Kindly advise your comments.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

My ID suggested the L-Box with downlights (for new papers reading) directly under my sofa but i read somewhere before that it's not advisable to have sofa directly under a L-box in the living room. Does it mean that the L-box = Beam? That's why it's not advisable? Kindly advise your comments.

Thanks!

I have actually thought about this matter before but have not yet seek clarification with anyone. Anyway i decide to do some false ceiling with cove lighting to solve this. :)

I have actually thought about this matter before but have not yet seek clarification with anyone. Anyway i decide to do some false ceiling with cove lighting to solve this. :)

Hi,

Yeah, i proposed this idea to my ID but he's not recommending this idea. Reason is because if you put false ceiling + Cove Lighting, the height from the floor to the cove lighting will be too narrow. Thus not advisable....... May i ask if you got any picture of your design? Thanks.

Edited by Skywire

if its not advisable to have false ceiling above bcos the height from the floor to the the cove lighting will be 2 narrow. then is it advisable to have platform instead?

My FSM definition of a beam are those overhanging that is not join to a wall. So to him L box is not a beam.

Edited by rl_ry

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi,

L-box = Beam but whether this beam has any bad effects will depends......only a good fsm can answer why.

Guest Goobii

Above ur head NO beam , even for sleeping position...

OLD FOLK for those who want to believe it... it mean no good and will have burden in everything to do..

from FS point, there shoould never be a beam pressing upon you, especially for sleeping bed. As for living room, it should not pose much problem unless u sleep there.