Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rainbowgal

Our First Nest @ Tampines

its okie mah very common nowadays :) and save quite a bit also

if i dun drive hor i can save at least 15k more per yr :o :o

haha. i was just telling my wife that using simple calculation, we can save at least $10k a yr if we dont have a car. $10k can go europe or africa for holiday every yr!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
haha. i was just telling my wife that using simple calculation, we can save at least $10k a yr if we dont have a car. $10k can go europe or africa for holiday every yr!

Haha, true but having a car during reno is gd. Can travel here and there to see the stuff.

Haha, true but having a car during reno is gd. Can travel here and there to see the stuff.

yah.. agreed with takomi..

those calculations are frightening me.... :(

but i think.. i spend less than 7k per yr.. due it is a wkn car..

Dun say liao been driving for more than 5 yrs liao

Imagine how much i can save :(

But w/o car, very difficult to bring my baby out for grooming or see vet leh :P

Edited by coffee_o

car is convenient mah....can lug stuff around...esp when have baby!

can bring dog to the park/beach/vet...

i guess i should move my *** and start getting a license....know any good instructor that can teach in english?

rainbowgal....which tiles did you select?

did ya go to sin lek?

that's where jason told me to go...... :unsure:

i guess i should move my *** and start getting a license....know any good instructor that can teach in english?

did ya go to sin lek?

i learnt my driving from Comfort driving school at ubi.

yah.. i went sin lek.. the selection is pretty limited... soon bee huat is better.. am going Hafary this wkn.. haha.. seems that hafary has better choices.. *scare jason will scold me if i ever choose hafary tiles* :P

did ya go to sin lek?

Eh hmm....sorry dunno any instructor as i got mine licence 10 yrs ago le

anyway my wife and her sis got their licence from bukit batok driving centre you may like to go try :)

Update

today is a busy day.. went to Hafary @ Defu, Hafary @ Balestier & Soon Bee Huat @ Toh Guan..

1) Hafary @ Defu: Showroom is nice but not as impressive as Soon Bee Huat @ Changi. I do agree with several RT members on the selection of tiles that Hafary has.. Somehow, it look nicer!! No one approach us if we need help... so we left and went to Balestier branch!

2) Hafary @ Balestier: We selected some tiles and the staff there is very pro! He is able to help us visualize and provide good advices! Made us rethink of the colors combination!! and of course, we found something that we realli realli like!!

3) Soon Bee Huat @ Toh Guan: Hmmm... is a disappointment as compared to the branch at Changi Road... Can give it a miss!

We will be going to Soon Bee Huat @ Changi Road tomorrow to find if we can find similar/same tiles that we have selected from Hafary because when my HTB called Jason if we can use Hafary tiles.. he sound disappointed.. so.... if possible, we will try to avoid Hafary.. :)

Hope we can find!!! Will post the pics.... esp the beautiful Soon Bee Huat @ Changi Road showroom!

Update

today is a busy day.. went to Hafary @ Defu, Hafary @ Balestier & Soon Bee Huat @ Toh Guan..

1) Hafary @ Defu: Showroom is nice but not as impressive as Soon Bee Huat @ Changi. I do agree with several RT members on the selection of tiles that Hafary has.. Somehow, it look nicer!! No one approach us if we need help... so we left and went to Balestier branch!

2) Hafary @ Balestier: We selected some tiles and the staff there is very pro! He is able to help us visualize and provide good advices! Made us rethink of the colors combination!! and of course, we found something that we realli realli like!!

3) Soon Bee Huat @ Toh Guan: Hmmm... is a disappointment as compared to the branch at Changi Road... Can give it a miss!

We will be going to Soon Bee Huat @ Changi Road tomorrow to find if we can find similar/same tiles that we have selected from Hafary because when my HTB called Jason if we can use Hafary tiles.. he sound disappointed.. so.... if possible, we will try to avoid Hafary.. :)

Hope we can find!!! Will post the pics.... esp the beautiful Soon Bee Huat @ Changi Road showroom!

Yes Jason do not like Hafary but by the time he told me i've already selected the tiles le so he let me order the tiles from Hafary instead

sure hope nothing goes wrong with my tiles :unsure:

Yes Jason do not like Hafary but by the time he told me i've already selected the tiles le so he let me order the tiles from Hafary instead

sure hope nothing goes wrong with my tiles :unsure:

hmm. just curious, did u all ever ask Jason why he do not like Hafary?

Uncle Soon also doesn't quite like Hafary, though he doesn't mind ordering from them. he says something about their delivery and payment schedule. mm They prefer Sin Lek cos they are old friends. :)

Yes he did told me something abt always out of stock and abt returning of faulty tiles policy which i cant remember clearly le :P

Update - 1 Nov 09

:D Yes, I am a happy woman now! Finally selected the tiles for the toilets! Not from Hafary (luckily we were able to find something we like at Soon Bee Huat)... at least Jason will not be disappointed.

After much consideration, we decided on the following:

1) Common Toilet

To be a black, white & green mosaic concept:

a) Black tile:blacktilev.th.jpg

b) White tile:whitetile.th.jpg

c) Green mosaic contrast with black tile: ctmoasiccontrastwithbla.th.jpg

ctmosaic.th.jpg

Edited by rainbowgal

2) MBR Toilet

Using the same black and white tiles for Common toilet with dazzling blue mosaic concept:

a) Dazzling blue mosaic with black tile:mbrmosaiccontrastwithbl.th.jpg

mbrmosaic.th.jpg

For the MBR Toilet, it should look something like this (similar to Soon Bee Huat's showroom):

exampleofmbr.th.jpg

:dancingqueen:

For the floor tiles, we will be using the same kind for both Kitchen and Toilets.. White in color but rough texture cos' my HTB scare of falling down.. haha... :P

Not going to do for the kitchen wall tiles cos' of budget issue (almost 3-4k for wall tiles in kitchen).. plus we dun think we will cook that often. :yamseng: