Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Little Monkey

How Long Is The Wait For 2nd Appt?

It's better that we don't 'tear the bridge' with our seller/buyer. I hope to maintain an amicable relationship with my seller.

I heard of stories where buyers sent gangsters to seller's house to force them to move out; sellers smashed the toilet bowls, damaged the pipes and dirtied whole house before handing it over to buyers.

Wah.. that's serious. Wish us all good luck then ;) i also dun wan this happen to me.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
It's better that we don't 'tear the bridge' with our seller/buyer. I hope to maintain an amicable relationship with my seller.

I heard of stories where buyers sent gangsters to seller's house to force them to move out; sellers smashed the toilet bowls, damaged the pipes and dirtied whole house before handing it over to buyers.

@forgotten: so u see...after the extension after completion date is up, when i go to collect my flat, do i have to bring police with me?

or bring wanbao rpters?

wa...so serious.....for me, i was thinking whether to clean up the house before handover to the buyer... :P

BTW, when is hdb sending out the 2nd app letter, mine is on the 24 nov, but till todate, no letter from hdb yet... :(

wa...so serious.....for me, i was thinking whether to clean up the house before handover to the buyer... :P

BTW, when is hdb sending out the 2nd app letter, mine is on the 24 nov, but till todate, no letter from hdb yet... :(

It's faster to check the dates online at HDB website. You can use your singpass account to login to your HDB page. :) After you login, click on "Resale" link.

Edited by forgotten

It's faster to check the dates online at HDB website. You can use your singpass account to login to your HDB page. :) After you login, click on "Resale" link.

Thks, got an sms from HDB shortly after i post the message, will be receiving the letter soon. :P

Well being kind to the buyer will ensure that all important letters sent to your old address will not land into the dustbin next time LOL~

Edited by forgotten

What I heard from HDB was ... they will assign a 2nd appointment date to us. We can change it to a later date but not to an earlier date. :unsure:

my 1st appt is on 13 Jan...such a long long wait..still got 2nd appt...argh...

such a torture to US !!!

all of us here...

Did my 1st resale appt on 26th Nov. The 2nd resale appt is normally 6-8 weeks according to the HDB officer and my agent. So we booked 7th Jan for 2nd resale appt, which is about 6 weeks later. But we were lucky because the owner actually allowed us to start renovation immediately after our 1st resale appt, cos the house is vacant. Just need to sign some indemnity form.

So basis this thread, i take it that if both the seller and us ( buyer ) agree on an earlier date than the 6 to 8 weeks, HDB will agree right ?

Ours is HDB loan wonder if HDB will agree at 4 weeks ( ie if seller agrees also lah )? Anyone try before ?

Our concern is also how much time we have for renovation. We manage to grant option our flat 2 weeks after we exercise our buying flat OTP. So now is still within the 14 days.

My 1st appointment is in mid Feb 2010, if 6 weeks means means we can only start renovation at 1 Apr ( estimated)

Anyone know how late can we submit the documents for the flat we are selling after buyer exercise option. In doc it says 30 days right ? ( I need to know this so that I can push my agent firmly - just realise he is quite new so abit inexperienced )

So basis this thread, i take it that if both the seller and us ( buyer ) agree on an earlier date than the 6 to 8 weeks, HDB will agree right ?

Ours is HDB loan wonder if HDB will agree at 4 weeks ( ie if seller agrees also lah )? Anyone try before ?

My friend and her seller requested HDB for an earlier 2nd appointment. The earliest date that HDB will grant is 5 weeks after 1st appointment.

Anyone know how late can we submit the documents for the flat we are selling after buyer exercise option. In doc it says 30 days right ? ( I need to know this so that I can push my agent firmly - just realise he is quite new so abit inexperienced )

Yes, my OTP exercise form also stated 30 days.

Edited by forgotten

My friend and her seller requested HDB for an earlier 2nd appointment. The earliest date that HDB will grant is 5 weeks after 1st appointment.

Yes, my OTP exercise form also stated 30 days.

ok great, think will try go for 5 weeks... then delay the submission for my sales of existing flat.

Thks Forgotten !

Sigh, going for my 1st appt next week. Was still hoping to get a 4 weeks for 2nd appointment.

from what i know. if there is grant involved sometimes the hdb officer will be abit kiasu and refuse anything shorter than 6 weeks..

from what i know. if there is grant involved sometimes the hdb officer will be abit kiasu and refuse anything shorter than 6 weeks..

Getting keys on 25th Feb, abt 5 wks plus from the 1st appt. :)