Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newbie_soo

Buy Furniture And Lighting In Jb. Good Or Bad Choice?

I just bought my furniture from JB for my new house. The sales person who served me is much more friendly compare with the sales person here that i had very bad experiences with..... Total amount that i paid for is MUCH MUCH MUCH more cheaper due to the exchange rate now. Thinking to get the lighting and toilet accessories from JB as well then ask my contractor to install it for me. The price is tempting because it is very cheap with wide selection. My concern is the quality but my mom told me the sink and tap that she bought from JB using for 3 years is still working well...Is this a good or bad choice to buy them from JB??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My hubby is msian and from JB, but we decided not to buy things from JB as we dont drive.

Price will be a tempting factor but we do consider the part on the warranty and also how to exchange if spoilt?

If they are doing 1 to 1 exchange for you, then pretty worth :)

yah, transport is a problem. luckily we drive and sometime 'tumpang' our fr's car who wants to do shopping in msia. :) the furniture lady promise to exchange if there is any damage, etc. she is quite experience so i hv confidence in her..haha.. but the lightling and tap, my contractor told me no matter you buy here or msia are the same. china products will have problem and eventually will need to change the whole thing so they suggest i buy in msia chepaer.for me, i hv very limited budget bcos we spent a lot on the first instalment, so we decided to shop around in msia this weekend. my mom told me a 2 holes sink + tap is 199 ringgit and can negotiate somemore..haha..the pull out type of stainless steel cloth hanger (4 poles) is around 180 riggit .i think i going to grab these two..

Guys! if you have any experience of buying furniture, toilet accessories and lighting. pls share, so we know the alternative to get cheaper stuff for our new nest :)

10 yrs back, when I 1st bought my 1st furniture bedroom set from JB.

1-2 mth later, saw the same design at Court

The furniture that sold at the Court (queen side bed frame + 3 door wardrobe +1 dressing table) cost more than what I had purchase at JB (queen side bed frame, 4 door wardrobe, 1 dressing table, 2 side table).

All the above furniture is still working well for me.

usually the price different will be double

My cousin who is also malaysian but staying in SG. Bought all her furniture in Maur, the price for it will be the same except its in RM.

so pretty worth it.

As for taps, sink and lightings, I think as long as it movable, and you have transport for exchange will be fine.

But WC probably will be a bit more trickly as its not really possible to remove and send back the WC yourself if prob arises after installation right?

:)

usually the price different will be double

My cousin who is also malaysian but staying in SG. Bought all her furniture in Maur, the price for it will be the same except its in RM.

so pretty worth it.

As for taps, sink and lightings, I think as long as it movable, and you have transport for exchange will be fine.

But WC probably will be a bit more trickly as its not really possible to remove and send back the WC yourself if prob arises after installation right?

:)

anyone bought anything from RUSTICA?

What're the addresses of the furniture stores in JB that you bought your stuff from? Do they do delivery to Spore?

Please share. :D Thanks. I'm thinking of getting tables, sofa and wardrobes from JB.

will be going back (jb) coming weekend for mum's bd celebration :jammin: , planning to hv a furniture+home appliances hunting tour.

heard from forummer that furniture are much more cheaper than buying from s'pore, hopefully can get some ideal stuff from there :dribble:

anyone bought anything from RUSTICA?

Nope, I bought mine at Soonly Ann.. Rustica is far more expensive .. Soonly Ann staffs more friendly to me..

What're the addresses of the furniture stores in JB that you bought your stuff from? Do they do delivery to Spore?

Please share. :D Thanks. I'm thinking of getting tables, sofa and wardrobes from JB.

I got mine at Soonly Ann at Pelangi Indah which is behind Jusco Tebrau City.. The lady called KElly quite nice, maybe is bcos we sharing same surname...haha.. and one more is Jenny i guess.. I gotta check the address with my hubby as receipt is with him :) you can tell them your budget and expectation but of course cannot be budget low low and high high expectation la...haha.. the kelly was laughing at me bcos of this, she is frank kind of person, she can serve you very well but you must tahan her 'frankfulness' .. me and hubby like her a lot :)

Edited by newbie_soo

Hi... i am also thinking of buying our toliet stuff from Msia.. even considering furntiures.. any recommendation on where to buy?

as i reply, i bough mine at Soonly Ann.. pls see the reply. I gotta check the addres with hubby..tahan tahan..

if we buy items from JB, do we pay tax at SG immigration?

yes, you will need to pay certain percentage.. can check with the sales person when you wanna purchase..

will be going back (jb) coming weekend for mum's bd celebration :jammin: , planning to hv a furniture+home appliances hunting tour.

heard from forummer that furniture are much more cheaper than buying from s'pore, hopefully can get some ideal stuff from there :dribble:

Do share if you got the nice lighting and toilet accessories, i can only go there and shop after my contractor tell me how much to buy and which size to buy..