Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Butoot

Want To Build An Attic In My House - Any Contractor To Recommend?

Hi

I have a very high staircase between the lower and upper level of my penthouse. The space is big enough to be partitioned to create a sort of small room above. Three of my neighbours had done it long ago.

I am beginning to feel like doing it as the space is wasted and I couldn't reach the top two windows because they are so high.

Do you have any contractor to recommend? I am looking for one who can do the job well and who is responsible.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

I have a very high staircase between the lower and upper level of my penthouse. The space is big enough to be partitioned to create a sort of small room above. Three of my neighbours had done it long ago.

I am beginning to feel like doing it as the space is wasted and I couldn't reach the top two windows because they are so high.

Do you have any contractor to recommend? I am looking for one who can do the job well and who is responsible.

Thanks!

You may want to get a structural engineer and architect to help you check it out. Better to be safe than sorry. Adding attic is putting on additional load to your existing floor and the current structure may not be made to withstand it.

Cheers.

Hi

Thanks!

I have a friend, maybe he can help. PM me for his contacts if intrested. :yamseng:

Make sure the contractor had BCA or HDB license (RADAC) while doing such work. It is just a measure to protect the consumer if any dispute may arise both parties when work is started.

Hi

Thanks!

the penthhouse is within a condo/apartment development? if so, need to get msct ok too. then will need to get PE to do submission. Not sure for condo if the additional space will have a impact on your property tax. for landed, any increase in your GFA, u pay more to iras. But the increase is usually quite marginal