Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

This Jason of Beng Fong is also one of his brothers. He got a few brothers.

Which company letterhead did he use for your quotation? Fu Hua or Beng Fong?

He is using Beng Fong and Beng Fong is a register company i have check with Acra

But the address he gave was any another furniture shop address which i mention in previous tag

He is just a business partner of that shop address

Edited by saejyun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all

sorry for late reply. my inbox is flooded... so sorry

ok here is the truth:

AS have 2 brothers named jason.

one is jason from U & B

one is jason from Beng Fong

AS is now working for BengFong. He does not handle houseowner's money..he is merely helping out his renovation's planning & supervision...

In fact, some of my rectifications reno work also done by BengFong..which i just found out also, when Jason (of BengFong) come and pick up his workers ....

I only confirmed it again with AS! Initially I got a shocked. cus can't imagine that he has got 2 bros of same name...

But from what I know, (from the PMs of BengFong customers), people who renovated with BengFong, it is moving well at the moment...

this is what AS said:

he still need to work and earn money to repay his debts...

he does not handle BengFong money at all...

[this is what AS said:

he still need to work and earn money to repay his debts...

he does not handle BengFong money at all...]

Can AS words be trusted again??I doubt a leopard will change its spot.....All the Best for BengFongs' clients.... :)

well if bengfong cannot trust, same for U&B? all GOHS brothers.

Edited by seashell

hahahhah

earning "money and repaying" his debts...

hahhahaha what a funny joke.....

or izzit earning money and batam again....

make sense tou..

Anyway, the paint works in my flat already started to peel, cracks also appearing on some false ceiling joints, some of the plaster from the wall falling off and uneven tiling. My renovation "ended" in May with lots of rectification needed but he never came back. All in all, his quality sucks big time!

BTW, he got no HDB license and he is simply bochap on application of permits for certain works requiring HDB approval.

When you did your reno, which co did you do it with? Ah Soon? Or Jason from Beng Fong? Who do you end up calling to "come back" to fix your problems?

Also, how do we check re the HDB approval application of permits? Can we check with HDB to see if everything has been applied for properly?

I'm asking this cos everything is being taken care by them. We haven't had any problems so far, but all these information is scaring the heck out of me!

When you did your reno, which co did you do it with? Ah Soon? Or Jason from Beng Fong? Who do you end up calling to "come back" to fix your problems?

Also, how do we check re the HDB approval application of permits? Can we check with HDB to see if everything has been applied for properly?

I'm asking this cos everything is being taken care by them. We haven't had any problems so far, but all these information is scaring the heck out of me!

u can go to HDB website,

click on 'My HDB page'

go to 'my flat'

then go to 'renovation'

u should be able to see your renovation permits there!

u can go to HDB website,

click on 'My HDB page'

go to 'my flat'

then go to 'renovation'

u should be able to see your renovation permits there!

Thanks!!

Goh Kwi Hock a.k.a Ah Soon. He never came back to do any rectifications.

What is the company name found on the approval permit outside your flat?

Maybe you would also like to ask him why he changed his name it would be interesting to hear what story he tell.

Goh Kwi Hock a.k.a Ah Soon. He never came back to do any rectifications.

What is the company name found on the approval permit outside your flat?

Maybe you would also like to ask him why he changed his name it would be interesting to hear what story he tell.

Hello,

Think thread is also digressing. The approval permit is from another contractor, think its a common practice for small contractors to do so should be no big issue. (Nobody wants to loose the permit right?)

Anyway, just an update on my reno progress with Beng Fong so far... 60% complete and things are going fine. (Upload pics when its done up nice nice.)

Based on my experience working with Jason, he is a contractor who can give you what he understands. For simplistic renowork, I think it is not of an issue to work with him. Quality of floor work so far is not bad (Carpentry to be commented later). Only problem is, if you hire a contractor you need to monitor constantly lah and provide some simple drawings or photo samples of your expectations ( i had a few near miss with wrong tiling arrangement and hacking problems).

And also, be more responsible to yourself and draw up a contract with terms that is fair to both parties. As in, pay strictly according to progress of work. This should give you a peace of mind and so far Jason is quite ok with the terms (please pay on time also, they also earn a living. Minor faults can be rectified by holding to end balance)

Overall, i think he fits the bill of a contractor if you are very sure of how you want to do the reno and its not too complicated ( he can provide some pointers but they are afterall not ID by profession).

Will comment and put up pics for forumers to judge when HO (2 more weeks !!). Afterall i did benefit from this forum alot :)

I haven't had time to check on the approval permit outside the flat, so sorry about that. Does it matter? Like legally or something? Our flat is almost done, and the handover should be soon, since we've already made plans to move next weekend!

I think my family and myself are not the fussiest people, and seeing that we are newbies at renovating, we are taking things very easily, and perhaps we have overlooked many things, but so far, everything seems okay.

To be fair, there can be improvements that can be made, eg I don't know how they take down notes, but we have had to repeat ourselves re measurements/ or certain things a couple of times! But otherwise, everything else seems to be okay.

Good luck with your renos, limc0008!

I haven't had time to check on the approval permit outside the flat, so sorry about that. Does it matter? Like legally or something? Our flat is almost done, and the handover should be soon, since we've already made plans to move next weekend!

I think my family and myself are not the fussiest people, and seeing that we are newbies at renovating, we are taking things very easily, and perhaps we have overlooked many things, but so far, everything seems okay.

To be fair, there can be improvements that can be made, eg I don't know how they take down notes, but we have had to repeat ourselves re measurements/ or certain things a couple of times! But otherwise, everything else seems to be okay.

Good luck with your renos, limc0008!

hey

Great to hear that its almost done, just in time for CNY !! Mine is in a minor limbo as i changed some hacking work. But abit upset with the responsiveness of this contractor. Cant seem to follow instruction which leads to wastage to resources and time. Resources from them obviously (i'm not paying what i do not want) and waste my time. Its kinda tiring if you have to go down and monitor everyday. Anyway, I'll only pass the final judgement when its all done up.

For those who wants to consider this guy Jason from Beng fong. Dun bother to, even if its cheap and he sounds sincere. Basically he knows **** about renovation. The funny thing is the only things that looks nice in my place renovate are those not done by him. I think the most important thing to never neglect is to visit an actual site/project and ask the owner yourself.

For those who wants to consider this guy Jason from Beng fong. Dun bother to, even if its cheap and he sounds sincere. Basically he knows **** about renovation. The funny thing is the only things that looks nice in my place renovate are those not done by him. I think the most important thing to never neglect is to visit an actual site/project and ask the owner yourself.

pls do be cautious wit Beng Fong..cheap yes...but alots of problem...:(