Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
homelover

Any Comment Plush Living

We had just completed my renovation with Plush Living and My ID was Cheryl.

Our ID had managed the renovation well without the need for us to go on-site constantly to monitor the work progress. She was able to give us the attention we required and fast in responding to our queries.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We had just completed my renovation with Plush Living and My ID was Cheryl.

Our ID had managed the renovation well without the need for us to go on-site constantly to monitor the work progress. She was able to give us the attention we required and fast in responding to our queries.

Hi jwsh,

Any pictures to share?

Thk u!

Hi

Have anyone engaged Cheryl Tan or David Lim from Plush Living?

I received a quote from them and wonder are they good. (There are 2 name on the quote)

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Comments on CT -

The CONS: We had engaged her and had an unpleasant experience working with her. Why do we engage an ID? At least for me, an ID should provide good project management and knowledge in the renovation field. She does not make a good project manager. Many times, we ended up at the site doing the project management for her. We wasted many leaves because of that. In addition, she communicates with owners and suppliers via Whatsapp. This method of communication is OK if all parties understand the wordings and sentences the same way but many times, this is not the case. As a result, there were several arguments. She did not make it a point to ensure we understand all the renovation proceedings and when things get messed up, it is always the owners' fault. This to us is unprofessional.

Now to the PRO: Fortunately she has an important good point. She strikes good relationships with the carpenters, tilers and etc. This has positive influence on the worksmanship of the stuff in our house. We are satisfied on this aspect. Plush Living engages a good team of sub-contractors.

To our understanding, she has only some years of experience in this field and she is still learning (in our opinion). So you decide...

Hi

I received a quote from them and wonder are they good. (There are 2 name on the quote)

Thanks!

Hi Sabby18

I had just recently completed my project with CT, i totally disagree with what lcjtl says about the cons about CT, let me share my experience working with her,first of all to me when engaging an ID enables me to go to work without having to go to site too often. Taking leave for a few days is mandatory as you are required to be there when measurements and points for electricity for your home is being discussed CT will arrange for that. As for me if I am working or managing i guess i won't like someone to be poking or watching over your back while you work.

We left the entire project to her and there wasn't any cock up and project handing over was before the deadline given which gives us lots of time to prepare for moving in. Often while at work she will use whatsapp(which is good as I can't be picking up calls too often at work) to update us on the progress of our home. As for me, the final product is the most important, as long as the project is completed according to what we want and on time.

Overall experience with her was very good and if you engage her, i guess you will feel that she is really passionate about her work. Her relationship with the contractors is very good which I agree that the workmanship quality is excellent. Strongly recommended.

Hi,

Comments on CT -

The CONS: We had engaged her and had an unpleasant experience working with her. Why do we engage an ID? At least for me, an ID should provide good project management and knowledge in the renovation field. She does not make a good project manager. Many times, we ended up at the site doing the project management for her. We wasted many leaves because of that. In addition, she communicates with owners and suppliers via Whatsapp. This method of communication is OK if all parties understand the wordings and sentences the same way but many times, this is not the case. As a result, there were several arguments. She did not make it a point to ensure we understand all the renovation proceedings and when things get messed up, it is always the owners' fault. This to us is unprofessional.

Now to the PRO: Fortunately she has an important good point. She strikes good relationships with the carpenters, tilers and etc. This has positive influence on the worksmanship of the stuff in our house. We are satisfied on this aspect. Plush Living engages a good team of sub-contractors.

To our understanding, she has only some years of experience in this field and she is still learning (in our opinion). So you decide...

Communication is two ways. I guess it is important to establish your needs and expectation before the start of your renovation to prevent any misunderstanding. As I was sure of what I wanted for my house , I was able to convey my needs to her clearly and she was able to come up with detailed areas planning for which i had to approve .

As I did not have time for frequent site visits due to my work commitment , she would highlight to me the following week schedule and if there was any need for me to be around for my decisions . For any updates/issues, she would whatapps the site photos and discuss with me over the phone.

Naturally there were several hiccups along the renovation . But what I am happy about is that she can be trusted to resolve the hiccups after i had given her my feedbacks.

I will certainly reommend her to anyone for her good work attitude and ability to deliver what had been promised.

Edited by jwsh

Communication is two ways. I guess it is important to establish your needs and expectation before the start of your renovation to prevent any misunderstanding. As I was sure of what I wanted for my house , I was able to convey my needs to her clearly and she was able to come up with detailed areas planning for which i had to approve .

As I did not have time for frequent site visits due to my work commitment , she would highlight to me the following week schedule and if there was any need for me to be around for my decisions . For any updates/issues, she would whatapps the site photos and discuss with me over the phone.

Naturally there were several hiccups along the renovation . But what I am happy about is that she can be trusted to resolve the hiccups after i had given her my feedbacks.

I will certainly reommend her to anyone for her good work attitude and ability to deliver what had been promised.

Hi

can share her contact?

Thanks.

Regards

Roy

Hi

Thanks!

I had engaged Cheryl for my renovation. She is a very cheerful, passionate and hardworking ID.. Comparing the price, the price that quoted was reasonable for the amount of items in my Reno list. My house renovation will be completing soon and will upload the photos online in this forum once is completed. Now left up with some minor touch up and cleaning. You can be assure that no continuous monitoring at the site will be require, for myself, I met her during the initial stage for electrical planning and carpentry work. I can't afford any spare time just to overlook the whole process due work and studies commitment. Another advantageous point in her is the good relationship between her and the sub contractors, this could bring up the quality of the work produced too, hence the workmanship produced were excellent. You will be surprise by her competency and the dedicated work attitude because she can be able to deliver you the result at your expectation i.e she will be able to remember what ever you requested. The only cons about her is that interpreting her MSG sometime might be difficult to due to her poor command in English language, if you understand singapore english well like me, it will be easy, but nevertheless, she can communicate well in verbal form. most important is that she can produce the result you want.

she will highlight the planning and progress of the Reno work weekly, and if any issues arise, she actually update me immediately. I'm quite please with her work and definitely will recommend her to my friends. I'm just waiting for her final touch up and my house will be done :))

Hi, we have just completed my reno with Johnny Mook from Plush Living. Overall, my husband and I are very happy with the outcome, and would recommend him if you are looking for an ID.

Things that we're happy about:

-) Workmanship - We did the TV console, toilets and bay windows, and we're happy with the design and workmanship.

-) Responsiveness - Johnny is very responsive and will always revert to our queries promptly. This is very important as we needed to move in quickly

-) Flexibility - Johnny is flexible and open to our last minute changes & request

We did have some hiccups in the beginning due to mis-communication on the carpentry work. But it was professionally managed & handled. In the end, we're happy with the outcome.

You can check out the pictures of our new place here. There are 3 pictures in total:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/dsc0436ot.jpg/

Wow looks impressive. My house is being done up by Johnny as well. Hope everything turns up as nice as your place.

My feedback on Plush Living....

I have blinded my the good reviews here which ended up creating alot of frustrations. I had alot of hiccups on my renovation.

1) My floor tiles (homogenous tiles) supposed to be covered with cardboard but it was only covered a 'L' area & as days passed the whole the 'L' cardboard is gone. After several reminders & warnings, my floor tiles are not covered throughout the renovation. As expected, the floor tiles is in a bad state (with deep scratches & at least 4 tiles are chipped).

2) The coordination between them & the contractors are horrible. Expect them to update us but end up we have to 'chase' them for updates. They seldom appear at the reno site to check unless there's complaints.

3) The carpentry work is super duper terrible. They came to fix one of my bedroom wardrobe twice & till now still have problem.

4) Its so difficult to fix a date with them to hand over the flat although already set a date but i keep asking them for a confirmed time but no response. I already had my house warming & till now they didn't even bother to call & ask for handing over of flat.

Wasted alot of time on the unnecessary touch up & 'repairs'. The 'repairs' still ongoing ....

Hi All,

I'm looking for a designer now to renovate my 4room flat. I heard before some good comments under Plush Living but seems like this thread is way back time. Any advice if anyone ever engage Plush Living rencelty?

Edited by kylieoh

Hi All,

I'm looking for a designer now to renovate my 4room flat. I heard before some good comments under Plush Living but seems like this thread is way back time. Any advice if anyone ever engage Plush Living rencelty?

Hi All,

Seems like there are good and bad comments on Plush Living here.. hmm... I've arrange an appointment to meet up Darren tomorrow.. Heard his the boss... hope everything turns up fine for me...... Cross fingers.. will update through out the progress....