Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tansiong

Where To Buy Plates, Bowls ......etc

Hi all, do you all know where can i buy cheap and nice bowls, plates, spoon and other untensil for my new house? I'm been searching here and there but still can't find. The ones selling at metro (CORELLE) are too expensive for me. Please do help!

Thanks in advance for all your reply.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, do you all know where can i buy cheap and nice bowls, plates, spoon and other untensil for my new house? I'm been searching here and there but still can't find. The ones selling at metro (CORELLE) are too expensive for me. Please do help!

TV programme, the one by QIAN YIFENG recommended 5B, the one at 42 Joo Chiat Road. Try also the one along Temple Street near Hindu Temple, got 2 shops (one is SIAH HUAT). If not is IKEA, the plates and bowls not bad. Other than that is those pasar malam. There is a place in Macpherson that they sells those overstocked branded stuff, but I don't know the address, only heard about it.

I think Ikea not bad lah . I bought some at Ikea some at metro ....

I got some from Moderne at Temple Street, not really cheap but not really expensive as well.

IKEA is always good.

i find ikea ones abit heavy and easily breakable leh when i was helping my friend do her ikea dishes at her house.. :P

i think ang mo kio central got a shop next to the S11 selling plastic plates... but not cheap yo.. a normal sized nicer shape black/white plate abt $4-$5.. :P

corelle is the best, i have been using their winter frost white collection for years, no chips at all, very hygienic, can try to buy their offer bundles....

There's a warehouse at Tagore Lane near Kidzloft. They sell all sort of plate,cups, serving bowls, etc. Can't find the address. But if you drive there, you will be able to see the banner.

Robinsons and John Little give good discount for their members. Aussino also sells plates and bowl.

Don't spend on Corelle. They are not the same quality as it is 25 years back. They have sold their rights to OEM who produce unbreakable but not "from the freezer to the fire" anymore. Go to Yahoo! and type "Pyrex is dangerous". 300 consumers were cut and burned by exploding pyrex. I've seen with my own eyes. It was only from the table to the stove for simmering (low heat). It broke into 3 big pieces and chips are flying all over the stove and floor with a loud exploding burst!

Corelle, corningware, pyrex, chicago cutlery, ekco & revere is now owned by World Kitchen. Not Corning, Inc.

Good Luck!

You're right! That's the one. Mine still in good condition.

I realised that Duxton Boutique Hotel is using exactly the same design as mine. I bought them 10 years ago!

Bought mine at Ikea. Bought a whole set (in a box). Can microwave and dishwasher safe (not that I use a dishwasher), so far so good. All I can say is cheap and good. The only grouse I have is that they don't have a matching large soup bowl.

Bought mine at Ikea. Bought a whole set (in a box). Can microwave and dishwasher safe (not that I use a dishwasher), so far so good. All I can say is cheap and good. The only grouse I have is that they don't have a matching large soup bowl.

Now its no longer in operation.. So sad...

Checked with them, they ceased operation last month.

Anyway, anyone knows any similar place where we can get good deal for crockeries & utensils?

Perhaps in JB? Driving there this evening.. Anyone care to share?

Thanks.. :yamseng:

IKEA is the best... cheap & beautiful... Won't feel the pain when next time you want to change them... :)