Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steadymah

Sound Bar

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am looking for a Sound Bar.

I am choosing between Samsung or Philips.

Any recommendations???

I think philips better , more choice .

Samsung only a few model . the one (that come free with the LED) only 300W nia . not very powerful

Philips seem to be the 1st to come out sound bar ambi sound technology

I think philips better , more choice .

Samsung only a few model . the one (that come free with the LED) only 300W nia . not very powerful

Philips seem to be the 1st to come out sound bar ambi sound technology

how about Yamaha?

how about Yamaha?

Should be ok ba .... Yamaha very well know brand .... but I din really try b4 . but their design might not look good as compare to philips

Should be ok ba .... Yamaha very well know brand .... but I din really try b4 . but their design might not look good as compare to philips

Sorry to intrude, are we buying a SOUND system for the sound or for the looks?

Yamaha is a pioneer in sound technology. Though I wont recommend a soundbar, but Yamaha's soundbar is much better than any brands currently.

If you have the budget, i would recommend one to get a full 5.1 or a 7.1 system.

Cheers

Sorry to intrude, are we buying a SOUND system for the sound or for the looks?

Yamaha is a pioneer in sound technology. Though I wont recommend a soundbar, but Yamaha's soundbar is much better than any brands currently.

If you have the budget, i would recommend one to get a full 5.1 or a 7.1 system.

Cheers

but design also important mah .... at least for me - isn't that what renotalk forum is for ?

but design also important mah .... at least for me - isn't that what renotalk forum is for ?

Agree with u leh,

Design must be chio also la, if not reno nice nice also no point leh.

Yesterday I went down to Audio Expo and look at the Soundbar again...the Philips guy was there.

I asked him abt the Soundbar model that is new with HD version...he told me Philips have not launch yet

cos got some issues. Advised me not worth gettin that model cos cannot play vcd and most impt, sensitive n cannot

play copy dvds.

Better to get a seperate Blu-ray player.

I have a Philips soundbar and I've tested a Yamaha one before, cannot compare.. Yamaha sound quality is miles ahead, but so is the price!! :D Go for Yamaha if your budget allows and if you are an audiophile.. But Yamaha does not have integrated DVD player so Philips wins if you are looking for overall package.. The new 8141 model should be launched soon, so don't get the 8140 for now.

i got my philips soundbar HTS8140.....

contemplating between yamaha and philips

in the end choose philips due to budget and the extend warranty given is 1 + 4 and 300 philips voucher.. :P

in term of sound, yamaha soundbar is much better, design wise philips is sleek.... that my view ;)

What so chio about a piece of sound bar?

Have you seen the chio-ness of the Tannoy Arena speakers or maybe Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro series?

It may cost more but it definetely sounds much better.

Forget the HD hype about soundbar. If youre watching Bluray disc, there's no soundbar at this moment that

can decode HD Dolby or DTS HD master audio format. Be informed. Its still better to get a receiver that can decode

these formats if youre watching Bluray.

Cheers

What so chio about a piece of sound bar?

Have you seen the chio-ness of the Tannoy Arena speakers or maybe Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro series?

It may cost more but it definetely sounds much better.

Forget the HD hype about soundbar. If youre watching Bluray disc, there's no soundbar at this moment that

can decode HD Dolby or DTS HD master audio format. Be informed. Its still better to get a receiver that can decode

these formats if youre watching Bluray.

Cheers

Er vicenzo,

Do yamaha able to decode blue-ray?

I was really impressed with Yamaha 5.1 sound bar... The quality is much better than philips, but there is some trade off in terms of form and functionality... Also I have to bear in mind the wiring issues for speakers... quite troublesome....

Btw, where can i get the yamaha soundbar at a good price? Lobang? warehouse sale?

cheers

Er vicenzo,

Do yamaha able to decode blue-ray?

I was really impressed with Yamaha 5.1 sound bar... The quality is much better than philips, but there is some trade off in terms of form and functionality... Also I have to bear in mind the wiring issues for speakers... quite troublesome....

Btw, where can i get the yamaha soundbar at a good price? Lobang? warehouse sale?

cheers

Only amplifiers/receivers are able to decode True Dolby & DTS HD Master Audio SOUND formats. These formats are the standard in most movies offered in Blurays. DVDs only

contains Dolby Digi and/or DTS. So far soundbars cannot decode these HD formats, so watching bluray will not be in the best experience according to my opinion.

I wouldnt recommend a soundbar unless its for the bedroom. And a soundbar also doesnt come cheap. If youre able to appreciate the cinematic effects, try going for

the complete 5.1 or 7.1 system.

Cheers

Hi,

I have been looking for soundbar for a long time until later settle for a 5.1 pioneer system with so so qualify but good enough for my ear (I am no audiophile)

I am in support for look then the sound when I looking for soundbar in the first place because of sleek design and no ugly wiring... just one HDMI input.

Philips will surely win in design then Yamaha (Cha Tao design) but sound wise yamaha still better (so is the price... 2K plus)

In conclusion...if you decided to go for soundbar then sleek design should be primary factor sound quality is the secondary...

else purely for sound quality....go for those AV reciever 5.1 or 7.1 sets...

:yamseng:

Good read!!!! Like i mentioned earlier, the soundbar is only good for bedroom acoustics (not living room) & also adequate for processing DVD audio formats.

If youre into Blurays, then i would recommend one to get a complete HT system with an amplifier that decodes Bluray audio formats.

If you think DVD sound is good enough, then its fine.

I was a DVD fan until i started my Bluray destiny. I was whacked in awe & hasnt looked back since.

Cheers