Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Home Theatre System

Hi, can u send me a pic of the Jewel speakers?

A fren of mine is looking for spare & if it's what he's looking for, can make an offer to you.

Help to subsiduze yr new set ya? Thks!

go to BOSE website to view jewel cubes pix.

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I look at the wires going into the cubes seems to be a normal 2 core wire so i sorta assume i can hook it up to any amps and drive it. Might blow up the cubes but then they are free. :sport-smiley-004:

Let us know if u can power your speakers with a non Bose amp, bro.

Cheers

Hi, can u send me a pic of the Jewel speakers?

A fren of mine is looking for spare & if it's what he's looking for, can make an offer to you.

Help to subsiduze yr new set ya? Thks!

Here you go.

Bose.jpg

hi.. i pretty new to this forum...

read a lot from this forum & was 99% sure im saving to buy the BOSE Lifestyle 35 ($6K). Interest free installment though (im not those rich ppl, juz an average income personnel)

but my trip to harvey norman changed all that. tried their yamaha home theatre sys & onkyo home theatre system... sounds better than BOSE. and cost 2K+... way lower than BOSE.

now that i changed my mind, and with a budget of 3K, i wld like to set up a home theatre system to basically watch soccer, play xbox & blu-ray.

speakers, amplifiers, decoders... im alien to some of these stuff... all i need is a compact hts (not those bulky ones).

1) Best place to buy from?

2) Same brand system or mixed them up?...

I hope someone cuz help me cuz i dun have frenz or colleagues who are into these stuff... thx a million

Let us know if u can power your speakers with a non Bose amp, bro.

Cheers

Just tried it out. I cut away the bose connection, stripped the wires and hook it to my Onkyo amps and it works! Now to get a cheap amp to power them ;)

read a lot from this forum & was 99% sure im saving to buy the BOSE Lifestyle 35 ($6K). Interest free installment though (im not those rich ppl, juz an average income personnel)

but my trip to harvey norman changed all that. tried their yamaha home theatre sys & onkyo home theatre system... sounds better than BOSE. and cost 2K+... way lower than BOSE.

now that i changed my mind, and with a budget of 3K, i wld like to set up a home theatre system to basically watch soccer, play xbox & blu-ray.

speakers, amplifiers, decoders... im alien to some of these stuff... all i need is a compact hts (not those bulky ones).

I hope someone cuz help me cuz i dun have frenz or colleagues who are into these stuff... thx a million

I am considering the Morel speakers. Like the design the sound that's coming from them. Check out this offer.

morel.jpg

Try visit them at their showroom at Plaza Singapura 4th floor.

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Go to KEC. Your $3K budget can go a long way.

Cheers

I am considering the Morel speakers. Like the design the sound that's coming from them. Check out this offer.

morel.jpg

Try visit them at their showroom at Plaza Singapura 4th floor.

Bro, if you want my advise - Morel is overpriced. Sound quality is so so. Design is a touch & go.

No point having a nice looking sound system but short on performance.

At 2.8K, might as well go for the B&W's mini Theater system. Any cheaper, try the Definitive technology

Pro800 series. This system packs a mighty punch!!!

Cheers

Bro, if you want my advise - Morel is overpriced. Sound quality is so so. Design is a touch & go.

No point having a nice looking sound system but short on performance.

At 2.8K, might as well go for the B&W's mini Theater system. Any cheaper, try the Definitive technology

Pro800 series. This system packs a mighty punch!!!

Cheers

Okie dok will go audition the B&W :)

KEC is a good place to go?

Okie dok will go audition the B&W :)

KEC is a good place to go?

KEC do not carry B&W anymore. You can try this place to audition. The B&W showroom is next to imminient plaza.

remember, B&W is a slow poison. They longer u hear it, the more u long to buy it. But thank God for pure sound.

Theexperts.com.sg

161 Lavender Street,

Lavender Place, #01-02/03/04

Singapore 338750

Phone: (+65) 6293 3316

Operation Hours - Office

Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 6.30 pm

Operation Hours - Showroom

Monday to Saturday: 11.00 am to 7.00 pm

KEC do not carry B&W anymore. You can try this place to audition. The B&W showroom is next to imminient plaza.

remember, B&W is a slow poison. They longer u hear it, the more u long to buy it. But thank God for pure sound.

Theexperts.com.sg

161 Lavender Street,

Lavender Place, #01-02/03/04

Singapore 338750

Phone: (+65) 6293 3316

Operation Hours - Office

Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 6.30 pm

Operation Hours - Showroom

Monday to Saturday: 11.00 am to 7.00 pm

"Glup" sounds dangerous :rolleyes:

You have 35k to burn on audio equipment?!?!?!?

Can vincenzo and I go audio shopping with you ...... *drool*

B&W Nautilus series here we come.... *salivate*

Right... if you went to the Harvey Norman at Milenia Walk I know which Yamaha you heard. The Silver setup outside the Yamaha room. What a beauty!

Almost regretted buying my Denon, but knew in the back of my mind that the AVR 2310 does movies better, but the Yamaha on display sang so beautifully. Absolutely engaging and balanced with tight bass.

Easily beats Bose any day!

You gotta thin that Bose ave their own show room built specifically to make their systems sound awesome. the whole room is calculated to have the best accoustics for their systems and the pad the room and space it accordingly blah blah

and yet that Yamaha at Harvey Norman is out in an open space and if you closed your eyes, yo'd think there was a flamenco guitarist in front of you. That's gotta rock.

BTW... I'm serious about the listening party. If you ever need an extra pair of ears, I'll gladly offer my time and my tracy chapman, dire straits, eagles and incubus CDs ;)

You have 35k to burn on audio equipment?!?!?!?

Almost regretted buying my Denon, but knew in the back of my mind that the AVR 2310 does movies better, but the Yamaha on display sang so beautifully. Absolutely engaging and balanced with tight bass.

Easily beats Bose any day!

I think he meant the Bose Lifestyle 35 that costs $6K.

Got a friend who was impressed with BOSE & bought it for 2 reasons. #1 - Can pay instalments. #2 - Sounds real good (reasons being that Atlas Hi-Fi spent close to $300K to reno-pad their audition room) When my friend finally put up his BOSE system, he was horrified by the "bright" sound that dont sound close to what he heard at the showroom. So i advise him to put more curtains & reposition his speakers to get his effect.

For a $6K system where its practically un-upgradable, has no video upscaling via the receiver & dont support HD sound formats, its a no brainer. For half that amount, one can get the best technology & better AV quality that rivals Bose.

As again = BOSE acroynm is Buy Other Sound Equipment

Cheers

I think he meant the Bose Lifestyle 35 that costs $6K.

Got a friend who was impressed with BOSE & bought it for 2 reasons. #1 - Can pay instalments. #2 - Sounds real good (reasons being that Atlas Hi-Fi spent close to $300K to reno-pad their audition room) When my friend finally put up his BOSE system, he was horrified by the "bright" sound that dont sound close to what he heard at the showroom. So i advise him to put more curtains & reposition his speakers to get his effect.

For a $6K system where its practically un-upgradable, has no video upscaling via the receiver & dont support HD sound formats, its a no brainer. For half that amount, one can get the best technology & better AV quality that rivals Bose.

As again = BOSE acroynm is Buy Other Sound Equipment

Cheers

Ha!

I love the acronym!

Yeah, at 3:30am, I somehow managed to read $35k and what does that say about Bose that i totally wouldn't surprised if they had an overpriced 35k home setup?

I have to say that theid headpones are better value, but that's a different topic.

I bought my current setup in 2000 while I was still in NS. I bought a Marantz CD pleayer (think 64MKII), a Rotel amp (70 watts per channel) and my B&W for about 2K with Ixos interconnects. Later added QED Silver.

Anyway, moral of the story is that I have a lot of ang moh friends and so many of their parents had Bose systems in their big living roos (must have been a trend) and they were all wanking each other of about how good Bose sounds and I was always shaking my head thinking what a psychological effect marketing and salesmanship can have.

On the Bose, Mark Knopfler's guitar sounded tinny ....scrap that, everything sounded tinny and harsh. Soundstaging....what stage? Balance.....what balance?! the bass sounded murky....

sigh.....

I would always have to go home and refresh my ears with my system. Even Kopi Kat Klan sounds good on my system ;-)

Edited by elfettucine

thx for the advice, vic & elfe...

my mind is set on getting the other BOSE (Buy Other Sound Eqpt)...

reading lotsa of stuffs from this forum, mostly from both u guys comments... ranging from sound system to projectors... really impressed wif u guys knowledge.

anyway, went to adelphi laz week... the place is like a sim lim for speakers!! i tot adelphi is like courts or mustafa (one store selling many items). boy was i wrong...

try my luck n went to this place where they recommend Wharfedale Diamond 10.5 system for $2K. Also recommended onkyo receiver for $0.8K.

try to find other brands like B&W, yamaha, onkyo, denon, marantz... buy the shops there are intimidating. scared to step inside due to my lack of knowledge.

well, dats my experience so far.. will try to learn more though.

anyway, thx for converting me to a non-bose. appreciated it very much.