Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cyberkinetic

Does Using Those Blue Tablet In Toilet Spoils The Flush?

BOTH my toilets were leaking, ie. after flushing, and the water refills, it doesn't stops and water continues to trickle down from the flushing system..

As it was just 3 months old since we installed it... I called up H** K** and asked them to come.. was told initially they will come FOC, then called us again saying they will charge.. we held our stand and they eventually came..but not after trying to persuade us to pay for the transport.. geeshh.. irritating to be honest.. can't they just say something and keep to it?

Anyway, the guy comes along, a rather friendly uncle i have to admit.. end up telling us that the fault is that we used those blue tablets that you throw into the water tank.. those Harpic or Kleen brand type of thing..

Was really surprised.. aren't those DESIGNED for toilet usage? Anyway, he replaced a little round piece of stuff which he wrote in the service chit as "sas pump" and that solves the problem.

I'm still feeling rather bemused over it.. Have used the blue tablets at my parent's home for as long as i can remember and we never have such problem.. I do find it hard to believe..

Just wondering if anyone has simillar experience?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This leakage has nothing to do with your blue tabs. We've been using them for as long as I remember. Any leakage or trickling in our case was due to worn waterproofing / gasket / washers. Your "uncle" sounds fishy to me.

I was being told the same thing by the sales from Heritage bathroom..

something about it will spoilt the mechanism easily.. which i wonder why

I didnt probe more since i dun use that ley

I used to use the blue thingy for my old place toilet too, and no leakages for the past 5-6years.

But when we were searching for toilet bowls for our new place, we asked various sanitaryware shops about the blue tablet, and almost all, save for those who said they don't know anyting about it, said it will spoil the silicone/rubber circle thingy at the base of the cistern. One of them explained further by saying the chemicals will harden and disintergrate the rubber over time, spoiling it. And that new generation toilet bowls are more susceptible to this problem.

So we decided not to use it for our toilets. I'm really not sure if it is true tho.....