Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tyseng

Toilet Overlay

Hello Everyone,

I am about to renovate my 4S HDB flat soon just got a quote from the id, apparently he quote me $1400 just to overylay the 2 existing toilet. Can anyone tell me if that is expensive or reasonable and also is it better to hack the toilet and lay new tile after fitting the new toilet bowl and sink. Thks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello Everyone,

I am about to renovate my 4S HDB flat soon just got a quote from the id, apparently he quote me $1400 just to overylay the 2 existing toilet. Can anyone tell me if that is expensive or reasonable and also is it better to hack the toilet and lay new tile after fitting the new toilet bowl and sink. Thks.

Overlay?! Should be able to install new tiles at this pricing, but of course, pricing is depending on your toilet size

It is better to lay tile first if you hack and not overlay.. not after fitting else they need to cut more to fit to your toilet bowl and sink, might end up wasting more tiles...

as a rule of thumb, toilet wall area is ~4x the toilet floor area. simple reason being that there's 4 sides of walls

and in theory, u'll need 4x e amt of work, tiles etc...

anyway urs is consider cheap liao lor. my condo toilet overlay common n mbr toilet wall tiles cost more than 2x of urs :(

as a rule of thumb, toilet wall area is ~4x the toilet floor area. simple reason being that there's 4 sides of walls

and in theory, u'll need 4x e amt of work, tiles etc...

anyway urs is consider cheap liao lor. my condo toilet overlay common n mbr toilet wall tiles cost more than 2x of urs :(

thank for the reply