Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
preCiousAm

3rm Resale Reno

Hi, i'm new to this forum...

We are purchasing a resale 3NG unit at AMK and major reno needs to be done.... headache... we actually have a budget to meet but, all quotes by the ID is way over our budget...

They quotes 40k plus and we have actually minimised it by not doin carpentry work for some but its still almost 40k...

i'm not really not sure if i can post their quotation here... out of the few, only one ID agreed and went down to the resale unit and give us a quote accordingly, the rest, they don't want to go but when comes to the quote, they missed out a few thing and put TBA.... kaoz....

Have any one here did a major reno on 3room resale here? care to share hw much reno you spend on it?

We also have a headache.... the MBR toilet is so small that we need to extend it by hacking the wall of 1 side of the toilet... but the concern now is that its just upgraded only... we're really not sure if the HDB will approve of it... we called them up to check but they can't give a specify answer, only say to submit for approval lor.... SIANZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We are purchasing a resale 3NG unit at AMK and major reno needs to be done.... headache... we actually have a budget to meet but, all quotes by the ID is way over our budget...

They quotes 40k plus and we have actually minimised it by not doin carpentry work for some but its still almost 40k...

i'm not really not sure if i can post their quotation here... out of the few, only one ID agreed and went down to the resale unit and give us a quote accordingly, the rest, they don't want to go but when comes to the quote, they missed out a few thing and put TBA.... kaoz....

Have any one here did a major reno on 3room resale here? care to share hw much reno you spend on it?

We also have a headache.... the MBR toilet is so small that we need to extend it by hacking the wall of 1 side of the toilet... but the concern now is that its just upgraded only... we're really not sure if the HDB will approve of it... we called them up to check but they can't give a specify answer, only say to submit for approval lor.... SIANZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi can understand how u feel when comes to tight budget. Care to share what you intend to do for the renovation of the hse? Is it a major revamp of the whole place? Yes, u can post the quotation here and share with us together with yr floor plan too.

Maybe u can try contractor ? ID sure expensive one

Few popular contractor in renotalk u can try

Henry (my contractor - aka the henner club)

Uncle soon ( the superstar sooner .... can read up his thread 1st b4 engage him)

Jason (uncle soon bro - alot pp engage him too)

Mr yeak (yeaker can help u up for advice ... Rondy very good at drawing)

so on and so on...

Regards

Simon

Hi,

Welcome to RT, my new place will be in amk too.. doing major reno that was quoted less than 30k includes hacking of the wall in between kitchen and living, doing a tv console, shoe cabinet, mbr wardrobe, revamping the 2 toilets, kitchen cabinets... but w/o the hacking of the toilet wall. but true the toilets are small :(

take a look at my t-blog :)

Hey hey,

Mine is a 3NG as well, I'll also be embarking on my renovation soon, more or less a full overhaul. My current quotation stands at 25K. You can try asking a contractor, or inform the ID that you are on a tight budget and let them know the amount, so that they can try to work within those limits.

Major overhaul also have to see what you want in the end right? Even without much carpentry, tiles, hacking etc are going to cost

I will encourage you to try ideal house but not my ID though...

Major overhaul also have to see what you want in the end right? Even without much carpentry, tiles, hacking etc are going to cost

I will encourage you to try ideal house but not my ID though...

yah.. agree. some pple major overhaul but use cheaper tiles, the price difference when compared to those who do a major overhaul with expensive tiles can be quite alot. so really depends on what you do and what materials u use.

normally IDs or contractors will give tiles selection between $2.6 to $3.20.. if choosing of the tiles within these range given, think shouldn't be exceeding too much for a 3room.. correct me if i m wrong

My reno too was a major overhaul. Imagine 20years flat in almost original condition, everything must go kinda flat. With a tight budget and manage to get a contractor's quote of 25k rather than those >35k from ID's. Bad point is every now and then need to coordinate and tell the contractor what I want , best point is I save 10K.

So all and all depends if you want to " spend " and let others do the tiring work for you or " save " and do the tiring work yourself. :D

normally IDs or contractors will give tiles selection between $2.6 to $3.20.. if choosing of the tiles within these range given, think shouldn't be exceeding too much for a 3room.. correct me if i m wrong

If not wrong tiles at $3.00 - $3.20 is already above average type.

hi, i also just bought a resale 3rm flat and need to completely revamp the place (except for windows and some parts of the bathroom because it was changed 2 years ago in the MUP) so i can say that i am in a similar circumstance.

i have been to 10+ IDs, contractors, and decided to DIY. I will just get a wetworks company to do all the wetworks, then get another plumbing and electrical company to do all the plumbing and electricals, then get my furniture from ikea, and DIY the rest :D

as of now, my estimated reno amount is about 30k, including furnishings. can read my t-blog to find out more on what I intend to do with my 3rm flat.

Hi 'preCiousAm'

Maybe you can try my designer. His name is Kelvin(9225 6464) fm Nu Space Design.

He did up my hse last year, he's very creative, patient and reasonable in price.

Maybe you can give him a call for an advice and a quote.

Hope this email can help you in the way.

All the best :)

40K for 3 room resale.. woo that alot. Maybe your expectation is very high.

Just started my renovation, I engaged tiler seng for my tile work. Now still hacking. By next web, will start the tiling work.

No comment on tiler seng yet and work have not started.

Cabinet done by direct capenter at $170 psf (top and bottom)

Electrical about 1.5K

Pastering whole house 2.2K

Painting and laminate 3 rooms still sourcing.

My is a 5A HDB flat 133 sqm. Tiling and hacking exclude 3 room is about 15K. Bought tile directly from suppier for about 6K... All add up should be around 30K +- 3K.

Hi Marcus

Can i have the contact for your direct carpenter. can email to me at mrsyeo77@yahoo.com.sg

thks in advance.

40K for 3 room resale.. woo that alot. Maybe your expectation is very high.

Just started my renovation, I engaged tiler seng for my tile work. Now still hacking. By next web, will start the tiling work.

No comment on tiler seng yet and work have not started.

Cabinet done by direct capenter at $170 psf (top and bottom)

Electrical about 1.5K

Pastering whole house 2.2K

Painting and laminate 3 rooms still sourcing.

My is a 5A HDB flat 133 sqm. Tiling and hacking exclude 3 room is about 15K. Bought tile directly from suppier for about 6K... All add up should be around 30K +- 3K.