Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
preCiousAm

3rm Resale Reno

hi, i also just bought a resale 3rm flat and need to completely revamp the place (except for windows and some parts of the bathroom because it was changed 2 years ago in the MUP) so i can say that i am in a similar circumstance.

i have been to 10+ IDs, contractors, and decided to DIY. I will just get a wetworks company to do all the wetworks, then get another plumbing and electrical company to do all the plumbing and electricals, then get my furniture from ikea, and DIY the rest :D

as of now, my estimated reno amount is about 30k, including furnishings. can read my t-blog to find out more on what I intend to do with my 3rm flat.

wow it's been more than 2 months since my previous post. My current cost is about 18k, inclusive of plumbing, electrical, glass works, laminate flooring.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wow it's been more than 2 months since my previous post. My current cost is about 18k, inclusive of plumbing, electrical, glass works, laminate flooring.

Hi ossify,

Do you have much more to go? I'm still debating whether to get a contractor, or to get it done with me coordinating various subcons... especially since I have so much leave to burn...

Hi ossify,

Do you have much more to go? I'm still debating whether to get a contractor, or to get it done with me coordinating various subcons... especially since I have so much leave to burn...

you will regret coordinating for sure.

eg plastering and painting is two different contractor. after plastering done, my painting was done. realise wall very uneven still. got plaster guy come back to do. then got painting redone. all at no extra cost because ID coordinating it and if any issues, they bear the retification.

if you coordinate yourself, you might have to pay for their multiple trip plus transport. its been like 2 month after Ho but i realise one wall not done well. so my id will get it done (plastering + painting) after CNY :)

there is a lot of hidden cost if retification is required.