Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newbie_soo

Help! My Agent Still Bringing Potential Buyer To The Unit That I Have Bought But Processing!

Hi all

I saw my property agent posted my new property online (i have sign the paper but waiting to collect the key). I asked my friend to call him and ask for viewing. He told my friend he has a unit available at the same block same floor same unit (WHICH IS THE UNIT THAT I HAVE JUST BOUGHT!!!) and helping my friend to arrange for viewing!! I knew that previous owner is not in town and the property agent own the key, I have signed the inventory confirmation. I would like to know who will be liable if there is damage cause by him during this period? This is unethical for an agent to do this right?? My lawyer said I can not sue him because the property does not belongs to me yet! depress T.T

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

I saw my property agent posted my new property online (i have sign the paper but waiting to collect the key). I asked my friend to call him and ask for viewing. He told my friend he has a unit available at the same block same floor same unit (WHICH IS THE UNIT THAT I HAVE JUST BOUGHT!!!) and helping my friend to arrange for viewing!! I knew that previous owner is not in town and the property agent own the key, I have signed the inventory confirmation. I would like to know who will be liable if there is damage cause by him during this period? This is unethical for an agent to do this right?? My lawyer said I can not sue him because the property does not belongs to me yet! depress T.T

Well, to them, the worst case you can get back your option to purchase money and if someone pays more COV and the seller wants that amount on top of covering your loss, they will do that... afterall they get more commission... on the day of your 2nd appointment, you're supposed to check everything before you sign in front of HDB officer, so anything damaged, bring it up...

Is your block very near to the interchange, mrt station or famous school? The agent may be using your block number on ads to lure buyers to contact him. Then he will offer his service to be these buyers' agent.

I called up a few ads where the agent claimed that the units were sold on the same day or the owner suddenly didn't want to sell anymore. Then the agent would ask me to view other units with him/her as my agent! I guess there are fake ads that the agents posted to lure potential buyers.

Don't worry about it. There are some unscrupulous agents who do this. As long as you have executed the OTP, paid the deposit to the seller, it is now a legally binding document. If they try to break the deal with you, they can be hauled up in court. However, what the seller / agent does in the mean time is their business. It is worrying, I know, but it is still the seller's property.

As for property damage, don't worry, there's not much damage that can happen... I've had literally dozens of families viewing my flat over the past couple of weeks. You also have to view the flat before taking possession, so check for any damage before getting the keys.

Hi all