Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newbie_soo

Help! My Agent Still Bringing Potential Buyer To The Unit That I Have Bought But Processing!

Hi all

I saw my property agent posted my new property online (i have sign the paper but waiting to collect the key). I asked my friend to call him and ask for viewing. He told my friend he has a unit available at the same block same floor same unit (WHICH IS THE UNIT THAT I HAVE JUST BOUGHT!!!) and helping my friend to arrange for viewing!! I knew that previous owner is not in town and the property agent own the key, I have signed the inventory confirmation. I would like to know who will be liable if there is damage cause by him during this period? This is unethical for an agent to do this right?? My lawyer said I can not sue him because the property does not belongs to me yet! depress T.T

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi .. you said you have sign the papers and waiting to collect the keys so I presume that you have already cleared your first appt with HDB and now waiting for your 2nd appt? Not really sure on the legal aspect but if this is the case, at least you are more secured since hdb is already processing the sale.

But if you have not even gotten the first appt date yet, then better be careful that the agent managed to get a higher price from someone else and try to convice the owner to default on you .. which i hope is not the case ..

my 2 cents ..

Is your block very near to the interchange, mrt station or famous school? The agent may be using your block number on ads to lure buyers to contact him. Then he will offer his service to be these buyers' agent.

I called up a few ads where the agent claimed that the units were sold on the same day or the owner suddenly didn't want to sell anymore. Then the agent would ask me to view other units with him/her as my agent! I guess these are fake ads that the agents posted to lure potential buyers.

Edited by forgotten

Hi all

I saw my property agent posted my new property online (i have sign the paper but waiting to collect the key). I asked my friend to call him and ask for viewing. He told my friend he has a unit available at the same block same floor same unit (WHICH IS THE UNIT THAT I HAVE JUST BOUGHT!!!) and helping my friend to arrange for viewing!! I knew that previous owner is not in town and the property agent own the key, I have signed the inventory confirmation. I would like to know who will be liable if there is damage cause by him during this period? This is unethical for an agent to do this right?? My lawyer said I can not sue him because the property does not belongs to me yet! depress T.T

Yo don't panic. you can view the house one day before the last appointment date.

Your agent is trying to get contacts so he knows these people that see your flat wanna stay at your current area, hence will ask buyers how much they willing to pay for the COV and get contacts....

What he does is try to get another unit around the area (by telling the sellers, he got ready buyers) and tell the potential buyers, hey i got one unit around that area, cov match what u want.....better hurry dont waste time if not like the last one that is sold......

At times agents market their house for sale to get the initial buyers contact's.....