Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tyseng

Is This Price Alright

I've just replied to another forumer...this is my quote, hopefully it can help u to compare.

I got 3 quotes too.

I did not do as much as u, my quote (resale condo, 1238 sqf), condo and HDB have got different height.

HDB 2.4m, condo 2.9m

1) Indoor and outdoor paint for entire house

2) Chemical washing for entire place

3) Polish exisitng granite flooring

4) Revarnish parquet flooring + finishes with lacquer

5) Paint all doors

6) Construct base for fridge and washing machine

7) Shoe shelves

8) Custom make 14ft (L) TV console with wall finishing + shelving + wallpaper

9) False ceiling + Light Box + Cove lighting for living and dining area

10) 2 sets of custom made wardrobe 6ft (L) with sliding door

11) 6ft (L) study table + drawers + 3 suspended book cabinet

12) 2 sets of 6ft (L) granite top for bay window

13) Wardrobe 8.5ft (L) with sliding door

14) Custom made king size suspended bed with side tables + bed head

15) 10ft (L) granite top for bay window

16) Light box + cove lighting for master bedroom

17) Wall feature mirror at dining area

18) Change entire suite of existing switch cover

19) Install another 4 electrical point

20) Changing of toilet bowl

Plus hacking of existing cupboards, etc...well, actually my ID added in some extra stuff for us too. ( i did not type in everything here)

He has quite *****.

Total cost: Close to $15, 000

Curious, it is resale condo and you r still redoing quite a fair bit?

My new unit TOP 1st quarter of next year.

The quote looks resonable. (Is the supply of lights/switch included in the quote)

My main requirements will be carpentry and lights, perhaps you can share the pics of yr place when it is done.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Curious, it is resale condo and you r still redoing quite a fair bit?

My new unit TOP 1st quarter of next year.

The quote looks resonable. (Is the supply of lights/switch included in the quote)

My main requirements will be carpentry and lights, perhaps you can share the pics of yr place when it is done.

Yup, its resale condo.

About 4-5 years old.

The only thing that im not doing are the toilets and kitchen ...which is still in good condition.

Whatever I have typed in above are all included in the quote.

I got 3 quotation from 3 ID and eventually chose this.

The changing of switch casing was given FOC by the ID.

U can view my blog www.kohnlee.blogspot.com for the progress :)

Yup, its resale condo.

About 4-5 years old.

The only thing that im not doing are the toilets and kitchen ...which is still in good condition.

Whatever I have typed in above are all included in the quote.

I got 3 quotation from 3 ID and eventually chose this.

The changing of switch casing was given FOC by the ID.

U can view my blog www.kohnlee.blogspot.com for the progress :)

Checked your blog, interesting design for the TV console;

Did you query the ID on the materials used on TV console/cabinets/false ceiling? Usual for IDs to claim they r using better materials so the quote are higher.

Do u have a break down cost of each item in the cost?

Checked your blog, interesting design for the TV console;

Did you query the ID on the materials used on TV console/cabinets/false ceiling? Usual for IDs to claim they r using better materials so the quote are higher.

Do u have a break down cost of each item in the cost?

Yup, this ID that we engage always strive to come out with different console design.

had seen some of his work and they do look different for each and every household :)

His designs are more daring but I guess it depends on whether we dare to take on thses designs a not. On the other hand, he also drew us some less bolder designs for consideration.

This is a console design that we are doing not so much of wall feature.

Like most contractor, gympsum board will be used for the false wall, ceiling.

There will be wallpaper, mirror and lights for the console design.

We are doing false ceiling and cove lighting.

Plywood for cabinets which is again common.

Dont use compressed wood which feels like plywood but if u will to look at it from the side angle u can tell the difference, we were taught by him how to tell.

I find out quote very reasonable as compared to the other 2 ID that I had requested for.

We went to look at his workmanship, visited the office/ show room where he showed us lots and lots of samples of different types of laminating, paint, wallpaper, wood, edesigns, tc... then we decided to engage his service. We also learnt a great deal from him. Like the pros and cons of using certain materials, etc...

We do have a break down quote but after we asked for a discount, our quotation shows a lump sum :)

Yup, this ID that we engage always strive to come out with different console design.

had seen some of his work and they do look different for each and every household :)

His designs are more daring but I guess it depends on whether we dare to take on thses designs a not. On the other hand, he also drew us some less bolder designs for consideration.

This is a console design that we are doing not so much of wall feature.

Like most contractor, gympsum board will be used for the false wall, ceiling.

There will be wallpaper, mirror and lights for the console design.

We are doing false ceiling and cove lighting.

Plywood for cabinets which is again common.

Dont use compressed wood which feels like plywood but if u will to look at it from the side angle u can tell the difference, we were taught by him how to tell.

I find out quote very reasonable as compared to the other 2 ID that I had requested for.

We went to look at his workmanship, visited the office/ show room where he showed us lots and lots of samples of different types of laminating, paint, wallpaper, wood, edesigns, tc... then we decided to engage his service. We also learnt a great deal from him. Like the pros and cons of using certain materials, etc...

We do have a break down quote but after we asked for a discount, our quotation shows a lump sum :)

You sound like a ID already, bet you did some serious research.

I know about those materials while working out with my contractor renovation on hdb where my parents are staying.

I call him contractor as there is no drafting, just discuss over photos and doing the measurement on the spot. I am also not too particular about outlook, the workman ship is good. Now of course is different cos my wife had higher expectation on outlook whereas i go for practical function.

The quote you had is around my estimate budget as i want to get a nice dinning table & sofa. As for appliances, fridge & tv i am using is still < 1 year so those are secondary, only need to get washing machine/dryer.

Considering only to have L-box on the sides with squarish down light, and to install a big ceiling fan, dont know if it will looks 'funny'.

Three of my colleagues took keys to their apt recently, all condos and all there had complained a lot about their IDs, maybe they had too much expectations. Or IDs are good at design but not at managing carpenters/electrical/painters. Hope your experience is better.

You sound like a ID already, bet you did some serious research.

I know about those materials while working out with my contractor renovation on hdb where my parents are staying.

I call him contractor as there is no drafting, just discuss over photos and doing the measurement on the spot. I am also not too particular about outlook, the workman ship is good. Now of course is different cos my wife had higher expectation on outlook whereas i go for practical function.

The quote you had is around my estimate budget as i want to get a nice dinning table & sofa. As for appliances, fridge & tv i am using is still < 1 year so those are secondary, only need to get washing machine/dryer.

Considering only to have L-box on the sides with squarish down light, and to install a big ceiling fan, dont know if it will looks 'funny'.

Three of my colleagues took keys to their apt recently, all condos and all there had complained a lot about their IDs, maybe they had too much expectations. Or IDs are good at design but not at managing carpenters/electrical/painters. Hope your experience is better.

Yup we did a lot of research, read a lot up and the ID we engage also taught us a far bit.

L box with downlights and ceiling in the centre is fine. Cos we are doing cove lights thats why ceiling fan not advisable by our ID, it will have shadow to a certain extent.

I have seen designs that u mentioned L box with ceiling fan, looks fine too :)

This firm does of course ID job and have their own in house draughtman and contractor.

So far everything had been fine, we should start with electrical works this week.