Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
goodman123

Anyone Cut Their Own False Ceiling Before?

just curious whether had any bros here ever cut their own house false ceiling? if yes how u guys cut to make it look nicely??? for my contractor accidentally cover up my wiring when they up the false ceiling. pls advise. thks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I too am thinking of hacking the cornice and small false ceiling in my living room. Is it easy?

Contractor asking 450$ just to hack it !

just curious whether had any bros here ever cut their own house false ceiling? if yes how u guys cut to make it look nicely??? for my contractor accidentally cover up my wiring when they up the false ceiling. pls advise. thks

Yes, I did it more than 10 years ago when I first took possession of my flat. I got some free time and to save some cost I did the house cornings and small section of L-box, etc. But come to think of it now I should had asked contractor to do it ! I don't know if the method of installing is still the same now.

For small section of the false ceiling (note different thickness) you may want to make a marking first. You will need drill, good quality hack saw (electric one better), industrial grade penknife, plaster cement, manual or electric sander, masking tape. Start by cutting out a small section (save this section) preferably in the direction of the fibre (make sure you don't cut the supporting wooden bar). Use heavy duty penknife to smooth the edges. Once you are done with whatever you want to put inside put back the earlier cut-out section with the plaster cement. Use masking tape or something to temporary hold the parts together (the cement takes time to dry) Once dry, fill all gaps and sand it down for subsequent paint retouching.

Warning : Increase your estimated time of completion > 50%