Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
louistls

A&d Interior Designer Group Pl

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My house handing over this week; very prompt service.

ID/ID coordinator can tahan me raising my voice over some reno hiccups and my too-high expectations (maybe cos i am used to seeing condo's fitting-out works workmanship standard). :P

hope this week's handover can be smooth smooth.

Edited by jeda

Hi all,

im newbie here. i engaged A&D too, contract signed. but after amost 5 days d, still nothing been done. kind of worry...

Cheers,

for us, about 2 weeks after contract signing then we were given the perspective for our cabinet. you probably should call to fix the next appointment.

Jeda, do you have any pict that can share with us? May i know who is ur ID???

If you dun mind can share with me more about them? I am thinking of whether to use them or not. :)

most of the pic in the iphone are about defects and those swee swee (beautiful beautiful) pics are in my camera that i have yet to upload (long overdue!). quite busy cos doing spot checking almost everyday (kiasu ah! :P). mine is not a big job, so quite limited pic. you revamping your whole place? didn't see your t-blog around...or did i miss it? :P

will pm you when i done up my blog upon handing over this week. ;)

if you in a rush, you can pm me for more details. :D

most of the pic in the iphone are about defects and those swee swee (beautiful beautiful) pics are in my camera that i have yet to upload (long overdue!). quite busy cos doing spot checking almost everyday (kiasu ah! :P). mine is not a big job, so quite limited pic. you revamping your whole place? didn't see your t-blog around...or did i miss it? :P

will pm you when i done up my blog upon handing over this week. ;)

if you in a rush, you can pm me for more details. :D

Thanks in advance jeda. I have yet collected my keys. It will be in Aug/Sep. I am sourcing around for a good ID. May i know who is your ID from A & D?

Thanks in advance jeda. I have yet collected my keys. It will be in Aug/Sep. I am sourcing around for a good ID. May i know who is your ID from A & D?

Will let you know after handover k? in any case, my one is super small job nia, so to be fair, may not be representative/fair opinion in the first place with regards to workmanship and design ideas :P; but work-attitude wise of workers and keeping to schedule, i give them thumbsup. :)

if everything swee swee (beautiful beautiful) handover, my verdict will be, if i going to reno my unit again (ie revamp my toilet/kitchen which i did not do this time round), i will go back to the same people again cos 'work with unfamiliar might as well work with familiar' ;) as renovation in itself sure will give some headaches de :P.

Did some research while selecting IDs, shortlisted few, and we choose A&D. received our keys yesterday, ID came immediately to take measurement. We feel quite comfortable to work with him. He gave us practical advice and very helpful. But still, cant comment on workmanship yet, maybe will update on progress when reno works start.

We almost signed up with them... but can you believe it the ID "chicken" out when we requested to meet up with him to clarify the revised quotation which has included several more items and increased prices after the site visit!

Perhaps it's just the ID we were dealing with, he seemed unable to cope with more than one project (he just started to work on a new project) at the same time, he repeatedly delayed/postponed his quotations/appointments and looked unable to handle stress... he actually asked us to go with other contractor!

Or perhaps their business is too good right now, and they feel that they can afford to turn away customers.

We were recommended to them because of positive feedback on their workmanship and follow up service, but that was during the last recession... and it was handled by one of the bosses (the "Lee" brothers).

So goog luck to you!

We almost signed up with them... but can you believe it the ID "chicken" out when we requested to meet up with him to clarify the revised quotation which has included several more items and increased prices after the site visit!

Perhaps it's just the ID we were dealing with, he seemed unable to cope with more than one project (he just started to work on a new project) at the same time, he repeatedly delayed/postponed his quotations/appointments and looked unable to handle stress... he actually asked us to go with other contractor!

Or perhaps their business is too good right now, and they feel that they can afford to turn away customers.

We were recommended to them because of positive feedback on their workmanship and follow up service, but that was during the last recession... and it was handled by one of the bosses (the "Lee" brothers).

So goog luck to you!

Perhaps its the peak period for renovation now, they can afford to be selective. Look at it from another angle, it is better for them to turn down customer if they really do not have the resources to cope, better for the customer also. We wouldnt want our reno to be delayed or reno work completed hastily at the expense of quality. I thought a&d has quite a number of ID, which one are you talking about?

It's OK if they're unable to cope and turn us down right away.

But it's NOT OK to turn down a request for a "final" clarification on a revised quotation that we spent 4-5 sessions of a couple of hours each! It's a complete waste of our time!

We actually sensed that this ID had problems managing his time and was very slow in his quotation, so we asked if he could get someone else to handle our project. But he continued to assure us that he was able to cope... hence we spent a few more sessions with him and arranged a site visit, only to have all out time and effort wasted!

BTW, we actually send an email to the bosses of the company. Guess what, we received not a single reply. So it says so much about the company. Yes, like many other renovation companies, this company has hired many ID/sales to boost their sales volume at the expense of quality.

Oh... our experience with our ID is much smoother then... We did meet an ID from another company who add in quite a few items that we dun wan (and we did mention to him we do not wan to do those) to the quotation, we dropped him from our list.

We didnt meet up 4-5 times with our ID, we met twice only, other than that we communicated thru phone and emails, we signed with him on the second meet up... wonder if we are too "sui bian"... but glad that so far so good :)

Another reason we prefer him is that he can draft drawing on the spot to help us visualise his ideas, other IDs showed us 3D drawing of their reno works, but didnt see them draw any design to show us.

Hearing what u have been thru, we get bit worry, but so far, we trust our ID, but we can only give fair comment upon completion of our reno. :rolleyes:

Oh... our experience with our ID is much smoother then... We did meet an ID from another company who add in quite a few items that we dun wan (and we did mention to him we do not wan to do those) to the quotation, we dropped him from our list.

We didnt meet up 4-5 times with our ID, we met twice only, other than that we communicated thru phone and emails, we signed with him on the second meet up... wonder if we are too "sui bian"... but glad that so far so good :)

Another reason we prefer him is that he can draft drawing on the spot to help us visualise his ideas, other IDs showed us 3D drawing of their reno works, but didnt see them draw any design to show us.

Hearing what u have been thru, we get bit worry, but so far, we trust our ID, but we can only give fair comment upon completion of our reno. :rolleyes:

I also signed up with a&d on the second meetup :)

Just one first initial quote and one round revision to add in / remove things we didnt want... the process was quite chop chop (hope it turns out well).

will also return and give comment after the reno process is completed. we have asked a&d not to rush the process, it is most important that quality not be compromised. I have at least 3 friends couple in the queue for keys collection. So a&d, pls do "shui shui" for us, word of mouth will see you a long way thru!