Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

Storage Water Heater Advice

YEAH ! It was scary indeed.

Luckily no one was bathing at that moment.

The support bracket was hidden from our view as it was right at the top of the storage heater. It was totally rusted and weakened. How would we know that it was rusted or weakened ? ! .

I advise all those who have heaters of 5 years or more to check the support bracket SOMEHOW or risk this shock. The heater is heavy with hot water and contains live electricity !!!

I called 2 plumbers but after inspection, they declined the job a few days later giving excuses of lack of manpower or have to go to Malaysia. What a joke ! ! ! :angry2:

Maybe I have to call the NTUC Income home services or Mr Speedy(65423533). Any comments or recommendations ? !

HELP ! Already 4 days without hot water ! :unsure:

Edited by peanut88

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Giving some advice for Water heater if you are replacing an old 1.

I was trying to find plumber to replace my Joven heater (JH50) and always get back the same result, they do not know hw to open floor ceiling and remove the heater.

Thus when I was shopping for my replacement, that is my no. 1 priority question. Finally manage to find 1 shop, Everjoint Electrical to replace it for me.

Got them to replace my old tank and was pretty impress they know hw to handle the floor ceiling. Good job on that and it is well sealed.

So if you have problem replacing big water tanks, they are the 1 you can look for. They are located amk ave 4.

if you are interested in really long lasting water heaters in Singapore you can check out this review of a customer who bought A. O. Smith water heaters at Eastvale Condi. It lasted him 18 years, no leaking. definitely no bracket problem.. >> East Vale Customer Review

A O Smith heater brackets are hidden so you wont see the rings around the heater. This is how it looks like installed in BTO.

Digital-3.jpg