Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rainpod

Steps To Re-line Silicone Gel Between Solid Top And Kitchen Sink

Hi, water is dripping from the sides of my kitchen sink (that is mounted on solid top) into my cabinet. Looks like I need to apply a new line of silicone gel between the solid top and the kitchen sink.

Need to ask if the old silicone gel has to be removed and if yes, how?

How long does it take for the new silicone gel to set in and dry?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Strictly speaking, you will need to take up the entire sink from the solid top.

First disconnect all pipings from the wall to the sink. Remove existing silicone. You can use turps and a scrapper to scrap them off. After that, apply new silicone around the hole quickly. after that, quickly put the sink back before the silicone sets. Screw the sink in place. After that you can use some turps to smoothen the silicone.

Dun worry if the silicone "spills" over when you put down the sink. That is a good sign that the sink is sealed thoroughly with the silicone. Once done. you can connect back your piping. Silicone normally gains full strength after 24Hrs, so try not to use the sink/splash it with water in the mean time.

Hi, I would like re-do the silicone around the kitchen sink . Knowing its going to be a small job, does anybody have idea whats the cost and any contractor to recommend for this ?

Thank you.

Hi, I would like re-do the silicone around the kitchen sink . Knowing its going to be a small job, does anybody have idea whats the cost and any contractor to recommend for this ?

Thank you.

I think re-do silicone no need to engage contractors to do it. You can do it on your own. You just need to buy the tool and the silicone tube. Good silicone tube about $7 to $8. While, tool about $4 for cheaper ones and better ones $16. This pricing is from those industrial hardware shop, from those home fix it will be more expensive, may be $1 to $5 difference.

I did think of it but do not have confidence in my own skills plus travelling a fair bit for work , thus decided to engage a contractor to help.

However, am sure will enjoy the DIY process immensely ..

I think re-do silicone no need to engage contractors to do it. You can do it on your own. You just need to buy the tool and the silicone tube. Good silicone tube about $7 to $8. While, tool about $4 for cheaper ones and better ones $16. This pricing is from those industrial hardware shop, from those home fix it will be more expensive, may be $1 to $5 difference.