Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jerra

Changing Of Skirting Only

i need to change the skirting for my living room only (4room hdb). anyone know roughly the cost? and any contractor willing to take up such a small job? i may need chemical wash living room, kitchen and 2 bathroom tiles and regrout.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i just got a resale flat. everything is still in very good condition so we don't intend to do much reno. just that certain corners of existing skirting made of wood was biting by ex owner's dogs. thats why such small job that don't earn much, its hard to find contractors willing to take up.

i just got a resale flat. everything is still in very good condition so we don't intend to do much reno. just that certain corners of existing skirting made of wood was biting by ex owner's dogs. thats why such small job that don't earn much, its hard to find contractors willing to take up.

Yeah u r right. When I got my contractor to hack my study room, he was already quite reluctant but since I know him personally he did it for me so I won't recommend him also coz I know he won't wanna do it. But when I engage Floor Option to do the laminate on my floor, I was given an option to hack away the existing skirt for a small fee. You can try to check with them for the direct of the contractor that they work with for the hacking.

One advise is that if you hack away the skirting, the chance of seeing varies gap sizes between the wall and the floor tiles.

For cleaniing the grout, you can go to DIY shop to buy the grout cleaner and this will do the job.

Try not to chemical wash the tiles as this will affect the finishes later on.