Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi

I just got my keys in Oct and this is my first condo. I would like to ask forummer for your advice.

Not long after I got my keys, I lodged quite a number of defects to the developer. They have been slow in their progress of fixing the defects. Not sure if this is one of their tactics to make owners to give up in reporting more defects and accept the units as it is.

They came and fixed some defects but they will create some new mess. So now after 1 mth, they still haven't fix major things like the dents on the flooring.

I was advised that I can serve them a 14 days notice and if things still not done I can hire my own contractor to fix the defects.

My question is ......... if this gonna to drag for 2 mths from the time I get my key, can I ask the developer to waive the mgmt fee ? I feel like paying for nothing since I can't move in yet to enjoy any of the facilities.

Please advise.

Thank you

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

I just got my keys in Oct and this is my first condo. I would like to ask forummer for your advice.

Not long after I got my keys, I lodged quite a number of defects to the developer. They have been slow in their progress of fixing the defects. Not sure if this is one of their tactics to make owners to give up in reporting more defects and accept the units as it is.

They came and fixed some defects but they will create some new mess. So now after 1 mth, they still haven't fix major things like the dents on the flooring.

I was advised that I can serve them a 14 days notice and if things still not done I can hire my own contractor to fix the defects.

My question is ......... if this gonna to drag for 2 mths from the time I get my key, can I ask the developer to waive the mgmt fee ? I feel like paying for nothing since I can't move in yet to enjoy any of the facilities.

Please advise.

Thank you

Which condo is it? Developer?

I thought the norms is to pay upfront a certain mth of maintenance fees?

You should go to the Condo mgmt (it might not be the developer as the developer can employ another co. to manage the condo) and bring this up the them and see what they can do

Which condo is it? Developer?

I thought the norms is to pay upfront a certain mth of maintenance fees?

You should go to the Condo mgmt (it might not be the developer as the developer can employ another co. to manage the condo) and bring this up the them and see what they can do

Yes, maintenance fees paid upfront already. But now because of the delay why should I pay and pay still cannot move in :bangwall:

I called the Condo mgmt, they said the developer still handling the maintenance fees and haven't hand over to him. I will call the developer later to make noise.

You have one-year liability period to report on the defects, date starting from receive key. Move in, why don't? Believed the MC (Management council) has not formed yet. And you paid 6 months maintenance fee(mgt + sinking) in advance. If not done within a year, ask your laywer (bank loan's laywer)retain 5% sum.

Study your handbook. The management team now is temporary(usually 1 yr)under the Developer. Served defect checklists with your letter head with date and best with pictures. Take down the supervisor's name/IC number... Wait for 14 days.

After 14 days not done, go to your laywer(bank loan's), with checklist, photo...etc, serve delveloper a letter, withholding all the payments(mnthly maintenance + instalment) and ask for compensation (if you cannot move in due to defects and need to rent house to stay and the like....). Remember keep all the records.

Another way is to use pressure onto developer by sending letter to the press, you-tube, etc. May I know who is the developer, hope not FE.

Forgot one thing: download a file called " Strata living in Singapore" help you understand your right.

www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/others/strata_living.pdf

You have one-year liability period to report on the defects, date starting from receive key. Move in, why don't? Believed the MC (Management council) has not formed yet. And you paid 6 months maintenance fee(mgt + sinking) in advance. If not done within a year, ask your laywer (bank loan's laywer)retain 5% sum.

Study your handbook. The management team now is temporary(usually 1 yr)under the Developer. Served defect checklists with your letter head with date and best with pictures. Take down the supervisor's name/IC number... Wait for 14 days.

After 14 days not done, go to your laywer(bank loan's), with checklist, photo...etc, serve delveloper a letter, withholding all the payments(mnthly maintenance + instalment) and ask for compensation (if you cannot move in due to defects and need to rent house to stay and the like....). Remember keep all the records.

Another way is to use pressure onto developer by sending letter to the press, you-tube, etc. May I know who is the developer, hope not FE.

Wow ...... you very "hiong". Ok, I shd take your advice and push for moving-in. Also must demand for the mgmt fee waiver due to thier delay !

My husb called the lawyer but we were advised to write in on our own cos if we get them to write we have to pay the lawyer to write ;)

So we wrote in to them and given them 14 days of notice. They have not responded yet.

Nope, is not FE. Am not a FE fan ....... mine is keppel land.

Withholding payment is inconsistent with the S&P agreement, and would be a breach of contract. Your advice is not what a lawyer would give. This is not the way to go about resolving issues. Keppel usually undertake huge projects. It could be a simple case of backlog of work to be rectified.

To large extend, it depends on the temp mgt supervisor's effectiveness to get defects done. Remember: He who speaks louder get things first, practically. some 3 yr ago, I got my baywater. No defects, but after a few months, glass underneath washing basin broke during the night. I took some pictures asked foe replacement. A day later, was told by supervisor the glass no longer available, I asked for supplier's name and I would call myself. He can't produce the name. Next day, he brough another supplier to view who said the glass was not what he supplied. I took his namecard for standby.

I got mad and sent an email with pictures and the supervisor's name to Allgreen's Chairman, Mr. Goh. Within a few hours, glass fixed!

Don't waste yr bullets, make sure you aim target right and one trigger....

To large extend, it depends on the temp mgt supervisor's effectiveness to get defects done. Remember: He who speaks louder get things first, practically. some 3 yr ago, I got my baywater. No defects, but after a few months, glass underneath washing basin broke during the night. I took some pictures asked foe replacement. A day later, was told by supervisor the glass no longer available, I asked for supplier's name and I would call myself. He can't produce the name. Next day, he brough another supplier to view who said the glass was not what he supplied. I took his namecard for standby.

I got mad and sent an email with pictures and the supervisor's name to Allgreen's Chairman, Mr. Goh. Within a few hours, glass fixed!

Don't waste yr bullets, make sure you aim target right and one trigger....

ur case sound familiar.

is ur unit in baywater pool facing?

I was from baywater too

Mine's blk810, bal facing PIE.

I'm from Blk 808, face bedok reservoir

read ur other posting.

hope everything turn fine for you