Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stoinkiemelons

Do Not Go To Furniture Collection Centre (fcc) At Sungei Kadut

I placed an order of a sofa set, coffee table and tv console from Furniture Collection Centre (FCC) at Sungei Kadut on 20 August. Delivery date was set to be 16 October and i was assured that the furniture will be shipped in way before the set delivery date and that they would be kind enough to store the furniture in their own warehouse as my new home was not ready yet.

1 week before the delivery date, I received a call from a staff informing me that the shipment had been delayed. She apologised for the delay but when I asked her why it was delayed, she made it seem as if it was my fault. She said that I should have asked for an earlier delivery date (which was not possible as renovations for my home would not have been completed by then).

A few days later, I went down to the shop to discuss with the boss regarding compensation for the delay. The boss REFUSED to acknowledge my existence and carried on talking to her own staff! I was attended by another staff member who promised to give me 2 PATHETIC pillows as compensation upon the delivery. She even promised to deliver the coffee table and tv console 1 day earlier than the delivery date of 16 October but the sofa set was still delayed though. The cofee table was delivered at 11pm on a weekday when it was promised to be delivered after 6pm. I had to work the next day and i was already getting ready to sleep! The promised tv console was said to be defective and so i did not receive it as well.

2 weeks later, i received my sofa set and the tv console but NO COMPENSATED PILLOWS came along!!! And up till then, i did not receive any apology from the boss herself. As fate would have it, the cheque that i issued for the balance of the payment bounced. A staff member called me to discuss alternative modes of payment and we made an agreement that i would issue another cheque in 2 week's time (i could pay any time but i would just like them to have a taste of having the payment delayed, as of how i would feel having my furniture delayed). That same night at 11pm, the boss came banging on my door demanding payment! She was causing a disturbance and i felt very much threatened as she was physically very much bigger than me. At the same time, she was embarrassing me in front of my new neighbours! My brother was worried for my safety and advised me to settle the payment, which i did the next day itself.

i am just sharing my experience with you so that you will not experience the same thing. Not only did they delay the delivery of my furniture, they did not even bother to apologise and expected me to be gracious about it. I am the customer afterall! How can a customer be treated this way? So, if you intend to buy anything for there, think twice and do not be fooled by their initial bout of friendliness.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Javiertan, true. my hubby & I will not purchase from this store anymore despite our OK-only encounter with them. Way toooo risky.. very worrisome too.

and we also agree with sybrant. shopping/purchasing furnitures is a happy thing..everyone will be excited and anxiously looking forward for it to arrive promptly and orderly. no one should land themselves in unnecessary distress instead.

i think it just too much trouble to have to be so careful because we are dealing with a company of dubious reputation...

i rather just shop somewhere more reputable..pay a bit more and less risk..

See the condition of the dining chair. Ordered 6 chairs with cowhide leather, 4 is in ok condition as of now. 2 is as attached.  This 2 were replacement for the originally delivered chairs with different texture

image.jpg

Edited by QAZWSX123
Because of condition of furniture

Dear all,

I was at Expo earlier and placed an order for a king size bed and mattress with Yang Hua furniture.rather hastily as it was already near to closing time when I entered. I was wowed by the crystal studded headboard and french brand mattress. My salesperson was not Gary or anyone mentioned above. He is Jason and is a obliging and pleasant person. On my way home, I googled the company and read the reviews with horror. I am now extremely worried as I have paid a 30% deposit ($400). I can do away with freebies but I really cannot tolerate a bed frame made of rotten wood and/or mattress infested with bed bugs / termites, no matter how fancy it looks, crystal and all. I have informed the salesperson of my concerns, and he has assured me that he is aware of the company's jialat reputation and they have changed their management and supplier this year. Honestly, for peace of mind, I would rather have my deposit refunded but I doubt the company will agree.

Can any kind souls let me know if they have purchased any items from them with satisfactory results so far or is every purchase doomed? :help:

In July i went to EXPO purchased $4K+ package (sofa+dining set+coffee table+tv console+mattress+bedframe),

go back home to research online FCC saw a lot thr complaint, worried about my furniture,

i tried to contact them, he told me don't worry will deliver in good conditions.

On 21/8 my furniture delivery the quality was good and matched my expectations.

Thanks guys

Dear all,

I’ll like to add-on to my previous post of my king-sized bedframe and ‘Ever best’ brand mattress ordered from Yang Hua Furniture. I feel so grateful to forum member mimirin for her advice to check the order carefully! I kept that in mind when I headed to their showroom at Sungei Kadut to choose my bedframe and complete my order. I scrutinized the order form like my life depended on it; ensured dimensions, customizations, and requirements are all written down. I also minced no words in communicating my expectations of workmanship and hygiene to the salesperson. Before I left the showroom, I took a photo of my finalized order form along with the chosen bedframe model. Although I still have misgivings, I comforted myself that it’s fruitless to worry over matters beyond my control.

My bed was delivered recently in the beginning of November. When I first saw it my bedroom, I was thrilled to see a beautifully diamond-tufted bedframe embellished with crystal buttons. I’m pretty happy with my daintily decorated bedroom with sweet Victorian cream and rose furniture pieces. But, with the addition of this bed, my bedroom has an instant refined elegance which was previously lacking. After further examination, I grudgingly admit I couldn’t nit-pick its workmanship based on the below:

+ Headboard’s padding feels deeply cushioned and plush.

+ Deep diamond-tufting details, crystals accents were sewn tightly.

+ The leather material upholstery looks and feels luxe, color is a very pale cream with a faint silvery-shimmery damask accent.

+ Scallop profile neatly curved with with no uneven angles.

+ Back of the headboard neatly upholstered with same leather material, no staples or nails heads visible.

For pillowtop king-sized mattress purchased, the below (+) points make up for the lack of seals or certs which initially bothered me a little.

+ It’s good sized not puny. I compared my mattress’s measurements to the posher KK brand mattress and its close.

+ It feels incredibly soft and sumptuous.

+ It doesn’t sleep hotter than my previous mattress, this is quite remarkable considering it is made from latex and memory foam.

I’m pleased with the outcome, considering this exquisite bed, in terms of its upholstery and diamond tufting details comes across looking more expensive than the price paid. It’s an added bonus that my purchase experience’s fuss-free. The two salespersons I liaised with at the Expo Hall and the showroom are professional and helpful. It’s funny, in retrospect since this purchase was incidental. I suppose the best things happen unexpectedly.

Happy Furniture Shopping!

Hi all,

I bought a lot of furniture from them early this year for my new house. Because their furniture has many poor quality issues such as moulds/insect bites/ tear mark/damaged property/always deferred delivery, etc, thus I went through many rounds of conversations with them and they said “we don’t do refund”, and simply want me to keep always compromised.

I have no choice but to bring them to Small Claims Court, and the Referee ordered them to refund the money back to me.

The court order said that they are to arrange with me for the collection of the furniture and paying back the money. I have contacted them but they simply ignore me. To date, it seems to me that they are not going to do anything.

Can anyone advice?

Thank you!

Edited by dreamtwinklestar

Hi dreamtwinklestar,

Sorry to hear your situation. Actually nothing u can do now. The only route is to get your lawyer to issue letter and bring them to court to force them to follow the small claims courts ruling.

This is spore and singapore government don't care about our consumers right n interest. The law r passed such a way that these companies can find loophole and still survive after so many years of conplaints.

• Like 1

I just bought Bed Frame + Mattress (Free 2 Herb Pillows + Protector), Package of 3 Seater Sofa or L-Shape, Dining Table 1+4, Coffee Table, TV Console from FCC (Yang Hua Furniture Trading) at the Expo Fair today 07 Dec 2014, now Im back home and saw these... =(

Anyone being serve by the salesman name Jason before?

• Like 1