Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stoinkiemelons

Dishonest Salesman At Morris Lifestyle Enterprise

I was scouting around for furniture and happened to pass by Morris Lifestyle Enterprise at Tannery Lane. At that point in time, i fancied a promotion of a sofa set, coffee table and tv console. However, i was not ready to commit yet as i wanted to do more research before i jumped into anything. At the same time, that was the last day of their promotional packages.

The salesman, Darren Chua, then suggested putting a deposit of $200 to secure the deal should i really want to purchase that set. After the discussion, i was told that if i decided not to purchase the whole set and wanted to withdraw, i can actually use the $200 deposit to purchase smaller items from the shop itself. I thought that was quite a good deal.

After about a week, i decided to withdraw the purchase from Morris as i found what i liked in another shop. i personally went down to Morris to withdraw the order and Darren Chua was the one who attended to me again. So, we made the necessary cancellations and also decided on what i could purchase with the $200 deposit. I thought everything was settled then. The mistake i made was not asking for whatever acknowledgement for the cancellation as i was not given any in the first place.

To my horror, I received a call from Morris about a month later confirming the model of the sofa set as the delivery date was drawing near. I was taken aback! I told them i had cancelled the order and that i have yet to purchase something from them from the $200 deposit. Apparently, they headquarters were not informed and when i told them that Darren Chua was the salesman, they said that he had resigned! Oh my goodness! What atrocity! I was then informed that i had a choice of either purchasing the whole set or forfeiting even the $200 deposit altogether. Do i have a choice then? I had to forfeit my $200 for a mistake their staff, Darren Chua made! This is so ridiculous!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

was there last week to scout for our sofa. was serve by a staff name Jonathan. Service is quite good, explained in details but when we ask where the sofa made in, he said asia then said from HK and taiwan. But we already know their products are from china.

thank melons for bringing out the person's name. we should be on the lookout him in case he jumps to other furniture store. my sis had a similar experience from another co sometime last yr. forgot the sales person name, could be the same fella

sometime it jus our luck to run into these type of sales person. i dun understand y they hv to lie abt where their furniture comes from.

anione know of any bad or good reviews at shops from imm, we r planning to get some furniture from ther

Red apple - a lot of forumer (not me) got complaint on them ... beware

This sounds more like a scam than anything else! Unscrupulous way of doing business! You should file a complaint with Small Claims Tribunal to get back your deposit.