Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Lcd Or Plasma

Hi all,

I've read the thread of "LCD or Plasma" and after much consideration, I am about 75% sure of getting a plasma for my living rm (for watching tv, DVD, BluRay, PS3) ... until I drop by Audio Hse juz nw by chance.

I juz wanna hv a sales person point of view on the difference betw these 2.

He said that nowadays not many pple buying Plasma coz of hot and burn lah wat lah. Then I asked abt the 600hz (whc I am keen as compared to LCD whc has max 100hz). He told me that the 600hz for Plasma is equivalanet to 100hz in LCD's. He then told me that this HZ is only smooth for text display. For smooth graphic display, should look upon the specification called HD Natural Motion.

He then brought me to the LCD section (Phillips) and said this is the best offer now. -> Phillips 42PFL409 (100hz). This model has the HD Natural Motion and he showed me. Boy I am impressed with the smoothness of the pictures compared to those withoutthe HD Natural Motion !!

My problem ---- I was back to square one on whc 1 to get ... Plasma or LCD ........ SITEX is nearing ... how how ?!

Should I stick with this model ? Is this sales-gimmick for them to clear the TV ?

***confused again***

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
He said that nowadays not many pple buying Plasma coz of hot and burn lah wat lah.

He then brought me to the LCD section (Phillips) and said this is the best offer now. -> Phillips 42PFL409 (100hz).

1st is 100% pure bullshiiiting. just look around how many people getting Panasonic 42'' plasma tv C10 which is $900+ with $300 ntuc voucher(that tv only cost $600+ after deduct the $300 voucher value) or LG and samsung 42'' plasma tv also selling $700+

2nd 99.9999% likely he a Phillips promoter who able to get more commission by selling Phillips tv

just google the net for LCD Plasma you will be able to find a lot of information about what you want need to know but remember to read the latest updated information because technology is improving everyday. dont read the old stuff and stuck in the older era like that Audio Hse sales person still thinking Plasma having hot and burn in issue like last time or maybe he trying to mislead you about plasma tv so he can sell you his lcd tv.

Plasma vs. LCD: Which is right for you?

http://www.cnet.com.au/plasma-vs-lcd-which...u-240036500.htm

Edited by hon

1st is 100% pure bullshiiiting

2nd 99.9999% likely he a Phillips promoter who able to get more commission by selling Phillips tv

just google the net for LCD Plasma you will be able to find a lot of information about what you want need to know but remember to read the latest updated information because technology is improving everyday. dont read the old stuff and stuck in the older era like that Audio Hse sales person still thinking Plasma having hot and burn in issue like last time.

Plasma vs. LCD: Which is right for you?

http://www.cnet.com.au/plasma-vs-lcd-which...u-240036500.htm

so confirm ah ... Plasma is still THEE choice ? ... ok now it's 80% for me to get Plasma ... any specific model (mid range budget) ~ 42" to recommend ??

so confirm ah ... Plasma is still THEE choice ? ... ok now it's 80% for me to get Plasma ... any specific model (mid range budget) ~ 42" to recommend ??

its all depending on individual need and expectation.

my advices, dont rush to get it, electronic product prices always and only go 1 way that is down, down and down.

go read up more and check around the big departmental stores for the display sets with your own eyes then decide what you want to get for yourself(do your own homework, dont listen everything the Promoter said). what you like more? the price tag? design? picture quality?

regarding 42'' tv, maybe you want confirm what viewing distance you have at home for the tv. if you having a distance of 2m or less, will your eyes comfortable with the 42'' tv size? this again up to individual. some people might feel dizzy if the tv size is too big and place too near. just take notice of this.

another issue is what your budget, do you need a Full HD or HD Ready tv.

if you looking for HD Ready plasma tv presently in market Panasonic, Samsung, LG are offering them. you can get them around $700 for a 42'' tv which is very value for money POV.

personally i will go for Panasonic as they should have an edge for Plasma than the Korea brand.

if you look for Full HD plasma then get really to spend $1000 and above.

and check round those small neighborhood shops for prices, they might be able to offer better pricing than those big departmental stores.

i just sharing what i know and my personal view. dont take in everything i said, best go read more and decide what you want for yourself. :)

Edited by hon

1 more thing to look out for plasma is the reflection issue because the Plasma tv using glass panel so it will have the mirror like reflection. some people can accept it and some people cannot so they go for LCD.

if you still no know what i mean then go check out the plasma display set and compare them with LCD tv. for LCD the color 'black is also more black'.

think slowly and decide what suit you before you buy, once you pay the money then dont think anymore, just enjoy your new tv.

Edited by hon

1 more thing to look out for plasma is the reflection issue because the Plasma tv using glass panel so it will have the mirror like reflection. some people can accept it and some people cannot so they go for LCD.

if you still no know what i mean then go check out the plasma display set and compare them with LCD tv. for LCD the color 'black is also more black'.

think slowly and decide what suit you before you buy, once you pay the money then dont think anymore, just enjoy your new tv.

Ok thk u ... I take note of the reflection issue for both ... another concern is the smoothness of the graphics ... whc is better for all type of viewing (tv, sports, dvd, bluray, ps3) ?

Ok thk u ... I take note of the reflection issue for both ... another concern is the smoothness of the graphics ... whc is better for all type of viewing (tv, sports, dvd, bluray, ps3) ?

A general rule of thumb is that plasmas will deliver better home theater performance than lcd.

for fast action movie and sport better to go for Plasma.

but again both got their pro and con and different manufacturer offering you different tv with different picture quality. its all depending on your budget and expectation. will an expensive high end lcd able to satisfy you more than a cheaper low end plasma?

I got a Panasonic 42inch Plasma S10.

Reason: C10 was too reflective. S10 is much better. I watch Channel 5 and some HBO and the basic Starhub package, Plasma is better in that sense. I don't play PS3 or XBox (no money and no time), don't connect to the internet, so no point. I use my laptop and connect to my TV to watch movies, so I use plasma.

And no, it does not get overly hot.

And panasonic is the leader in plasma tvs now that pioneer has dropped out of the market.

Just like to share some of my thoughts when coming to LCD and plasma.

I myself is doing research on TV for my new house and my end result is clearly LCD no sceond thoughts about it.

If you want to hock up PC/Laptop to your TV LCD is the choice. Plasma will lose out on this as in their resolution.

( check out plasma specs on PC connection and you will know why )

Plasma is good if you always watch very very fast pace movies / football. Cos they are at 600Hz scan.

Plasma is more power consuming than LCD if not the same given the new plasma ECO technology.

Talking about smoothness and 3D depth which plasma always have the lead, you should then check out Philips New range of LCDs you will be surprised.

Finally, how much are you willing to spend on your house TV that is the most important factor.

If you want the best TV on the market with no budget limit then get the pioneer kuro it will never disappoint you.

For me myself after much reading on LCDs and plasma.

My final choice is the Philips 9000 series LCDs no second thoughts about it as you will be surprised at their NM (Natural Motion) technology.

( Warning some people get sea sick after watching cos it is too smooth until we human cannot take it. )

My wife also loved the ambilight technology from philips, it was a love at first sight.

The 3D depth is almost on par with the pioneer kuro.

Read other forums on LCDs and plasma to help you make a better choice. ;)

My choice when choosing between LCD and plasma -> hitachi plasma -> panasonic plasma -> philips LCD ( confirmed final choice )

Happy making your final choices.

Guest Goobii

LED is the better choice to go... though is more expensive...

I get LCD instead as I will using it for my gaming PS3 or using my laptop and link to the monitor next time.... the only set back is that the TV is more brighter and at night might be too glaring if you turn off too much lights and want to go into sleepy mode... to watch tv....

This my choice... (This is the slimest LCD tv and MADE in JAPAN and is WHITE~! Samsung slim tv is made in KOREAN)

TV: Hitachi - UT32-MH700A (White)

Hope this helps..

http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv-plasmavslcd.shtml

Edited by Goobii

Samsung LED TV ads called 'misleading' by U.K. authority

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10332988-1.html

LED TV is still LCD TV

http://www.glgroup.com/News/LED-TV-is-stil...D-TV-40427.html

LED?

LED tv are just LCD tv using LED as back light instead of CCFL like normal LCD.

worth to pay so much extra?

Edited by hon

Just like to share some of my thoughts when coming to LCD and plasma.

I myself is doing research on TV for my new house and my end result is clearly LCD no sceond thoughts about it.

If you want to hock up PC/Laptop to your TV LCD is the choice. Plasma will lose out on this as in their resolution.

( check out plasma specs on PC connection and you will know why )

Plasma is good if you always watch very very fast pace movies / football. Cos they are at 600Hz scan.

Plasma is more power consuming than LCD if not the same given the new plasma ECO technology.

Talking about smoothness and 3D depth which plasma always have the lead, you should then check out Philips New range of LCDs you will be surprised.

Finally, how much are you willing to spend on your house TV that is the most important factor.

If you want the best TV on the market with no budget limit then get the pioneer kuro it will never disappoint you.

For me myself after much reading on LCDs and plasma.

My final choice is the Philips 9000 series LCDs no second thoughts about it as you will be surprised at their NM (Natural Motion) technology.

( Warning some people get sea sick after watching cos it is too smooth until we human cannot take it. )

My wife also loved the ambilight technology from philips, it was a love at first sight.

The 3D depth is almost on par with the pioneer kuro.

Read other forums on LCDs and plasma to help you make a better choice. ;)

My choice when choosing between LCD and plasma -> hitachi plasma -> panasonic plasma -> philips LCD ( confirmed final choice )

Happy making your final choices.

bro, wats the model of the 9000 series u'll be getting ? I had my eyes on 7000 series 42PFL7409, which also has the HD Natural Motion. juz curious whether the one u'll be getting is comparable to the 7000 series that I'm keen on ... http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/televisi...7409_98/prd/sg/

I get LCD instead as I will using it for my gaming PS3 or using my laptop and link to the monitor next time.... the only set back is that the TV is more brighter and at night might be too glaring if you turn off too much lights and want to go into sleepy mode... to watch tv....

This my choice... (This is the slimest LCD tv and MADE in JAPAN and is WHITE~! Samsung slim tv is made in KOREAN)

TV: Hitachi - UT32-MH700A (White)

Hope this helps..

http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv-plasmavslcd.shtml

so u're getting this at SITEX ? do u know the price in the market nw ?