Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Lcd Or Plasma

I would most likely be getting the 9664 series philips lcd.

Amilight spectrum 2.... loved it.

has 1 of the best reviews around.

but doesn't come cheap AH selling 3000+...

Ah only got 5 sets sold 3 sets on the day it arrived.

Was planning to grab on sight... but due to the pricing i decided to wait a bit more and see...

Philips are the best for LCD as you can see from their LCD monitors.

Just a note LG & philips are joint venture in making LCD panels.

If you have that little more cash 9704 would be the best bet.

Amibilight spectrum 3 ... I would grab it if I got enough cash...

I'm now saving to grab my 9664 ...

Have yet to see 9704 on display ...

advise to read more before you commit your money to the TV you buying.

Unless you planning every year change TV lor. ;)

try this forum AVforum ... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I was at best last night, the sales guy tell me for quality TV go for philips, he recommend me this model 42PFL8404 @ 1799, keep emphasizing Natural Motion is good and is assembled in europe. I ask him which europe country he says hungary. But i dont have good impression on philips TV as i have bad experience with my old philips CRT. Well see how, maybe i would give them another chance.

Just a note LG & philips are joint venture in making LCD panels.

When u mentioned this, i just remembered when i tore apart my BengQ monitor recently, i saw it having a LG Philips panel.

1st is 100% pure bullshiiiting. just look around how many people getting Panasonic 42'' plasma tv C10 which is $900+ with $300 ntuc voucher(that tv only cost $600+ after deduct the $300 voucher value) or LG and samsung 42'' plasma tv also selling $700+

2nd 99.9999% likely he a Phillips promoter who able to get more commission by selling Phillips tv

just google the net for LCD Plasma you will be able to find a lot of information about what you want need to know but remember to read the latest updated information because technology is improving everyday. dont read the old stuff and stuck in the older era like that Audio Hse sales person still thinking Plasma having hot and burn in issue like last time or maybe he trying to mislead you about plasma tv so he can sell you his lcd tv.

Plasma vs. LCD: Which is right for you?

http://www.cnet.com.au/plasma-vs-lcd-which...u-240036500.htm

Bro, I fully support your findings & not because I have a 42" plasma at home. Have to admit Im a Home Theater nut & I have tried various new technology ie LED, LCD, CRT & Im in the conclusion that Plasma is a clear winner when it comes to watching movies in HD format (Bluray)

The old adage about plasma - consume more electricity (how much more?), panel gets hot (hot enuff to fry an egg?) & dead pixel problems (really?) is just that, old mums tale.

For the not so fussy consumers, if LCD/LED is good enough then its good enough. But i cant help but dig at people who thinks that LCD/LED's specifications are much superior than plasma. Its like telling the world that a Sony bluray player (no offence Sony!) is much better than the coveted Oppo BDP83 player. Btw, the Sony BDP550 cost $999 hor & its not your low end $299 BR player.

Cheers

Guest Goobii
so u're getting this at SITEX ? do u know the price in the market nw ?

Oh for this... alot place out of stock ... I got it @ Everjoint. $1305

Last piece... for white LCD

Edited by Goobii

The white Hitachi UltraThin is **** sweet! But the 42 inch was gonna burn a big hole in my pocket, so I decided not to go with it.

But those guys who want a really good looking TV can give this a try. Nice.

Bro, I fully support your findings & not because I have a 42" plasma at home. Have to admit Im a Home Theater nut & I have tried various new technology ie LED, LCD, CRT & Im in the conclusion that Plasma is a clear winner when it comes to watching movies in HD format (Bluray)

The old adage about plasma - consume more electricity (how much more?), panel gets hot (hot enuff to fry an egg?) & dead pixel problems (really?) is just that, old mums tale.

For the not so fussy consumers, if LCD/LED is good enough then its good enough. But i cant help but dig at people who thinks that LCD/LED's specifications are much superior than plasma. Its like telling the world that a Sony bluray player (no offence Sony!) is much better than the coveted Oppo BDP83 player. Btw, the Sony BDP550 cost $999 hor & its not your low end $299 BR player.

Cheers

haaiizzzz ... dunno wat's gd to get still ...

HT-nut-bro, I'm one too, and was wondering if we can get great pics from watching DVD's too ? and how abt gaming (PS3) ? ... Plasma still the one ??

Hi fellow Liverpudlian !!!

So u got both ... u watch soccer in Plasma ? How abt gaming ?

Another wasted season for Liverpool :bangwall:

Soccer/F1/Sports always in plasma.

Another wasted season for Liverpool :bangwall:

Soccer/F1/Sports always in plasma.

Oh okie, how bout gaming ?

I'm as dulan as u bro, but hv to stay by your team ... nanananananananana Torres Torres, nanananananananana Torres Torres !! YNWA !

Oh okie, how bout gaming ?

I'm as dulan as u bro, but hv to stay by your team ... nanananananananana Torres Torres, nanananananananana Torres Torres !! YNWA !

I have been with the team for 22 years liao :( .

Not into gaming, brain cannot think as fast and hands cannot coordinate with brain, haha...

haaiizzzz ... dunno wat's gd to get still ...

HT-nut-bro, I'm one too, and was wondering if we can get great pics from watching DVD's too ? and how abt gaming (PS3) ? ... Plasma still the one ??

Let me summarize for you.

Watching DVD - it doesnt matter if you go for LCD/LED or Plasma. The difference is not so significant though the black contrast for plasma is more evident. As for brightness, LED is tops.

Watching High Def format eg Bluray - go for Plasma.

Gaming - not sure.

The source to a great pix quality is also very important. That is why its wise if you invest in a good DVD or a Bluray player. And dont use pirated discs.

Cheers

Let me summarize for you.

Watching DVD - it doesnt matter if you go for LCD/LED or Plasma. The difference is not so significant though the black contrast for plasma is more evident. As for brightness, LED is tops.

Watching High Def format eg Bluray - go for Plasma.

Gaming - not sure.

The source to a great pix quality is also very important. That is why its wise if you invest in a good DVD or a Bluray player. And dont use pirated discs.

Cheers

Hmm ok thx ! any idea if there are shops renting BluRays ?