Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cboonh

Blogourhome

Ok thanks bro will check with him when i got the chance

anyway your house HO already ? :unsure:

You're welcome man!

yea, can consider HO liao. Some small bits of rectification here and there but mostly done liao. Now filling up the house with furnishings~ very exciting! hahaaha~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello beany~

the Blum system was installed by my contractor~ I bought the system from Blum direct.. for this system, you need to have the exact door weight and the width of the door to calculate the power factor required for the mechanism (could check out Blum's online catelogue for more infor). I'm not sure if Blum can install for you, but you could check with them.. one point to note is that the contractors might not know how to install it at first, best would be to bring them down to the showroom to see the exact system. :)

thanks! our current one is using the hydraulic system, but we've always wanted the blum...we'll give blum a call and see how it goes, tho we have heard that they dun do direct.

but on a side note, ur house looks great :) congrats

thanks! our current one is using the hydraulic system, but we've always wanted the blum...we'll give blum a call and see how it goes, tho we have heard that they dun do direct.

but on a side note, ur house looks great :) congrats

Thank beany~! :)

We have some hydraulic system too. But those are for the cabinets that are not used as often. We think this door above the sink will be most frequently used, so we decided to spend a bit more on blum. Blum used to not do direct, but they have since open up their sales to direct customers. The showroom in Eunos/Ubi is newly renovated and have many systems on display.. but be warned.. it's highly poisonous there! many many sleek designs waiting to be adopted.. :P One other thing to add, the Blum sales told me that I might be better off buying from dealers because they can offer better prices. Blum only sell at the recommended retail price.. I had no choice but to buy from them direct as i dun want to delay my reno progress.. :/

I like the island. Solid surface top I believe? How many ft for urs? :)

Hey Mickey~ (reminds me of the song by Toni Basil. haha!) :D

you're right, solid surface top. The island (technically should be called penisular hor? haha) table top measures 6ft by 3ft, but the solid surface runs from the top and also covers one side of the table. so total ft run of solid surface should be 10ft by 3ft thereabouts. :yamseng:

Hey Mickey~ (reminds me of the song by Toni Basil. haha!) :D

you're right, solid surface top. The island (technically should be called penisular hor? haha) table top measures 6ft by 3ft, but the solid surface runs from the top and also covers one side of the table. so total ft run of solid surface should be 10ft by 3ft thereabouts. :yamseng:

Wahahah.

Anyway, how much were u quoted for this?

The whole island cost $1350. Solid surface inclusive.. :)

Thanks for the info. :)

I was thinking 10ft by 3ft, so how much was u quoted for 1 ft? Any idea?

Thanks for the info. :)

I was thinking 10ft by 3ft, so how much was u quoted for 1 ft? Any idea?

Hmmm...my kitchen solid surface top was $80/ft run and carpentry was abt 210/ft run (top and bottom). So assuming the woodwork is $105x6ft = $630, the solid surface should be about $720 ba. Hope it helps~ ;)

Edited by cboonh

Hmmm...my kitchen solid surface top was $80/ft run and carpentry was abt 210/ft run (top and bottom). So assuming the woodwork is $105x6ft = $630, the solid surface should be about $650 ba. Hope it helps~ ;)

Thanks thanks. Suffering from a headache now. So taking a break from work. Asking cos I am thinking how much my dining table will cost. :)

ooo I want that for my dining table as well.. with cabinets on the wall side. :)

My dining table will have cabinets by the side and bottom of the table if I want. But as mentioned previously, will have power switches at the bottom for my steambeat.

Thanks thanks. Suffering from a headache now. So taking a break from work. Asking cos I am thinking how much my dining table will cost. :)

ah.. you're thinking of a custom made island cum dining huh? It should be around this price range ba. Your HO is soon? :D

ooo I want that for my dining table as well.. with cabinets on the wall side. :)

hehe~ the island is more of a cooking preparation area and also a breakfast counter. We have a dining table in the living hall for "heavier" meals. hohoho~

hehe~ the island is more of a cooking preparation area and also a breakfast counter. We have a dining table in the living hall for "heavier" meals. hohoho~

nice!! :) my family hardly eats at home so we just want a table top in the kitchen for misc. So we don't have a dining table at all. :) My parents prefer eating in front of the TV anyway. haha ;)

ah.. you're thinking of a custom made island cum dining huh? It should be around this price range ba. Your HO is soon? :D

no la, i don't need a island but i my kitchen design comes with a custom made dining table. HO not so soon. :)