Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

Opennet Cable Installation

Hi

Any one can recommand good electrican who is able to do opennet CAT 6. I still have some leftover job example powerpoint, svc and lighting switches need to be fix. As my electrican have done half way thru and can't be contacted as he is very busy with his big project. Kindly contact me at strldy29@yahoo.com asap.

Thank you

Hi, you can try Aloysious OOi at 9766-7289 (cj_ooi@singnet.com.sg) or Ooi Chee Teong at 8479-5606. Company is Acclaim Technology, they've been laying cables for over 20 years. Let them know that ying referred you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can you share the contractor details for me to 81 11 40 94 engage for cat6 cabling..?

<!--quoteo(post=493174:date=Jan 6 2010, 12:53 PM:name=chrisngpg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chrisngpg @ Jan 6 2010, 12:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=493174"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi Stryke, how much is it to wire up your house? I'm having a headache with the lighting cost from my electrician, so not sure what they will say about ethernet cabling!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No sure how much to wire the house cos haven't confirmed the which ID i'm using. I do know that a Legrand Cat6 2 gang RJ45 faceplate will cost about 30+. 1m of Belden CAT6 UTP cable is in the region of $1.20 - $1.50.... Kronn I was quoted $1.20 IIRC. For installation labour costs, expect it to be double that of normal light switch as the electrician needs to terminate the cables and its more complicate than the 3 cables for powerlines.. they also have to test the connections after installation.

Hope that helped.

stryke, would you mind sharing your contact with me? We are also looking to purchase the cable and whatever tools/equipment from a reliable and responsible person and get someone experienced in laying Cat6 cable in my newly renovated flat. Thanks.

Hi guys, sorry to bring up this old thread.

I'm facing a problem here...

Unit under renovation right now, and we are looking at getting Opennet to install the TP at where our TV console is, which is further in and has a left turn before it reach that wall.

We have 2 beams near the doorway as well -- but with an existing hole made by ex-owner for his SCV.

As far as I understand, Fibre optic cables cannot have sharp bends, Electrician suggested that Opennet may run the Fibre Optics cable along the skirting of our hall, but that means, it will have 2 sharp 90 degree bends. -- one from doorway turning left across our mirror -- then turn right to our TV console wall.

I wanted to run a uPVC conduit along our big hall's false ceiling thus minimising that bend, with only 1 left bend (make it 45degrees) but Electrician gonna charge me $200+ for that.... So i figured if that's the case why not get Opennet to come install, since it gonna cost the same and they can run the trunking first before our false ceiling goes up.

Opennet CS mentioned they will not do anything drastic like drill the big beam to have the cables go through.

(Pending HDB confirmation about whether we can drill one more hole to accommodate the Fibre Optics cable -- 20mm conduit / trunking)

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

do you think you can post pics, easier to visualize.. I didn't know about the 90 degree bend coz my wire went up and and left and right a few times .. been using it for a year ++ and no problem